• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, not only is our president a fucking idiot, he has the attention span and emotional temperament of a 5-year old.

Even early in the election, my issue with Trump wasn't policy (not that I ever agreed with him), but what a piece of shit human being he is.
And he's been a piece of shit con-man in the media for decades! How do his supporters not see this?

People want to believe in bullshit.

People want to believe in bullshit.
9439d984790e7ecae932181985761816.jpg

Wilsongt

“These claims were not considered credible because by this point we understood that Gorka and many like him didn’t return to Hungary because of patriotism or skills but rather because they couldn’t be successful in the West, where they were born or raised, and thus wanted to come to Hungary. So do we believe that he was an MI6 agent like he claimed? No, he’s not smart enough or well-trained enough.”

*snap*

Well, I think we could put to rest any notion that Trump wanted out of NAFTA as some master plan to punish blue state economies and get voters to blame Democrats. In a choice between "Trump has a master plan with all kinds of layers we're just not seeing" and "Trump is incompetent and has no idea how anything works" you're best off betting on the latter.

tbm24

I'm pretty slammed at work but CNN is perpetually playing behind me so now I'm getting head spin from all the Flynn updates coming in. Been trying to find a good summary.

I'm pretty slammed at work but CNN is perpetually playing behind me so now I'm getting head spin from all the Flynn updates coming in. Been trying to find a good summary.

House Oversight committee ranking member Elijah Cummings released three redacted documents today. They are as follows:

- Letter from the DIA (Defense Intelligence Agency) in 2014 explicitly stating that as a retired General, Flynn was prohibited from accepting money from foreign powers in any capacity without first getting permission.
- A letter from the DIA stating that they have no evidence at all that Flynn received that permission.
- The final document was confirmation that the Inspector General of the Department of Defense has opened an investigation into Flynn's actions with Russia and the payments he received.

The rest of the press conference was Democrats calling for a special prosecutor to look into Flynn's action alongside the many conflicts of interests in the White House with Trumps businesses and ties.

Do they serve it to him in a glass, or a bottle, or does he drink a lukewarm can pulled from the back of the pantry like one of us dirty commoners?

If he was a "normal" president, that story would actually be kind of charming.

It's the classic conman move. He escalates/artificially creates the problem and then "solves" it to get praise.

Just you watch, he will proclaim that he personally made the government avoid the shutdown.

It's a bit of a shame because this line of attack could be effective if the GOP had produced a better plan. As it stands, their plan looks like a big help to many of those donors. It's no secret many insurance companies made a killing off Obamacare particularly Medicaid so instead of focusing on picking a different set of winners and losers Republicans should be focusing on cutting costs ASAP so the share of GDP is dramatically less. Get rid of the leeches so we can build up the military, cut taxes, and enjoy more growth.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That feeling when your embattled progressive mayor is going to walk to reelection with no real effort on his own part.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ane-mccray-remark-gop-event-article-1.3105738

Mayoral hopeful Bo Dietl said he knew he'd lose his court bid to run as Democrat when he saw the Supreme Court judge who decided the case — and she "looked like" Mayor de Blasio's wife.

"First of all, the judge looked like Chirlane de Blasio," Dietl said, to loud laughter at a candidate screening held by the Manhattan Republican Party. "And as soon as I saw her, as soon as I saw her I knew I had a problem."

De Blasio's wife, who uses her maiden name, Chirlane McCray, is African-American. Dietl was in court in because when he registered as a candidate he checked two boxes — Independence and Democratic — and as such was disqualified from each line.

teiresias

Masterful play by Pelosi. Suddenly the Dems are bossing around the Rs on this stuff. Makes em look good.

But hey let's dump Pelosi just because she's not Bernie and been there a long time. Heaven forbid we have "establishment" politicians that have experience playing the game.

But hey let's dump Pelosi just because she's not Bernie and been there a long time. Heaven forbid we have "establishment" politicians that have experience playing the game.
Did we not put that nonsense to bed after AHCA first fell apart and people started throwing around anecdotes about how Pelosi got like people's long lost childhood friends to call them up and lobby for the ACA?

Woman is a force of nature.

sangreal

It's amazing how little shit the GOP has gotten for trying to ram through this crappy bill considering their lies about how the ACA was passed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom