• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony just cancelled my Infamous First Light Pre-Order...

DC1

What if all the laid off employees took the DLC with them?
O.O

The exiting former employee would have left with a beautifully bright and slightly pink briefcase containing 'personal documents' only..... >_>

Not sure if possible.

Experien

It's now showing as not available for purchase on the SEN site.

MvMb7YE.png

And yet this is what's in my download list...

4DLWUxV.png

I'll check my PS4 tonight to see if it's still in my library, but I suspect it won't be with them cancelling the pre-order.

My shows that I am still able to pre-order it. Maybe it says not available to you cause you already purchased.

Blackage

Wtf Sony, how dare you cancel my preorder!

PRE-ORDER CANCE- oh wait.....well this is awkward.

*backs out of thread slowly*

Fliesen

That list is very much incomplete.

Quite a few games were preloaded already.

ok, sorry, didn't know that. thanks

As someone a EU link for the pre-order content?

it's just a link to the game in the store. There's no voucher code included. The german mail transports the meaning more clearly saying:
"Wenn du die Vollversion des Spiels über den folgenden Link herunterlädst, verlierst du deinen Anspruch auf das Kostüm für Fetch nicht, das dir durch deine Vorbestellung zusteht:https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/cid=EP9000-CUSA00897_00-INFFL00PREORDPSN"

"If you download the game over the following link, you will not lose access to Fetch's costume, which you are entitled to due to your pre-order: https:....."

which i take as "you don't need to hold off purchasing it digitally at release as we'll be sending you a voucher code to the pre-order bonus anyways"

I hope they do, that means they are absolutely giving the game away... or it was canceled. Can't imagine that's the case though, release is 4 days away.

Giving it away for free on PS+ doesnt mean that they have it forever in PS+. Would make no sense to cancel the Retail release.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
"Your account has not been charged for the product" EU thing? Here in the US I had to pay for it upfront and haven't got an e-mail yet.

Europe only charges upon release.

I also had my pre-order cancelled and can't buy it again because I already own it.. Confused.

Can't say I'm too upset, I can get the disk version instead now, which didn't exist when I ordered it. It's not exactly easy to cancel these digital pre-orders.

As for the "continued custom" phrasing, that's pretty standard English in the UK.

Fliesen

Giving it away for free on PS+ doesnt mean that they have it forever in PS+. Would make no sense to cancel the Retail release.

no way they're canceling the retail release this close to street date, either

neither is it going to be on PS+.

If they were to give the game away they would just announce it already. Why create confusion if you could just send a cheerful "hey everyone we're giving it away, so we canceled your pre-order" mail.
I think they're simply having some issues with european pre-load servers or whatnot.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Seems like they cancelled preorders to fix the PSN license glitch.

rpmboy

Just checked my console, still has the countdown timer and not canceled (NA)
Looks to be only effecting Europe

Eggbok

ibwFesCL8mI7Kk.png

US PlayStation tweeted this shortly before this thread was made, so maybe NA isn't affected?
Or maybe it's a glitch, idk seems weird.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like eu people can't pre-load and it will be avalible to download when it comes out.
No idea why this is happening though.

I haven't gotten any email about it and I preordered it a week or two ago. Hm, I've been looking forward to it so I hope its not delayed or something.

Tsunamo

Weird.

Guess it's a good thing I've decided to wait on the the retail release or get it from the US store afterall.

Fliesen

Weird.

Guess it's a good thing I've decided to wait on the the retail release or get it from the US store afterall.

why? nothing has changed. we might just not get to pre-load it, but that's pretty much it.
not like they're going to sell out ;)

LAA

It's now showing as not available for purchase on the SEN site.

MvMb7YE.png

And yet this is what's in my download list...

4DLWUxV.png

I'll check my PS4 tonight to see if it's still in my library, but I suspect it won't be with them cancelling the pre-order.

Damn I know its doing the same for me on the site too. Had no e-mail to say its been cancelled yet though...

Banned
#ConspiracyTheory

First sucker punch employees get laid off, now pre orders of first light are being cancelled? Omg infamous IP is cancelled, first light isn't coming out. The project was never finished!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
As I said in the OT, I hope this isn't delayed and they aren't telling us, and is in fact just some technical issue with the system or that license problem that is cropping up for people. Either way it better still come out on time, I've been looking forward to this.

WTF is continued custom?

Continued custom, as in, continuing to buy from them as a customer, perfectly valid British English that does get used here so I assume you aren't from the UK.

That Engrish, though.

I don't see anything wrong with the email.

Tsunamo

why? nothing has changed. we might just not get to pre-load it, but that's pretty much it.
not like they're going to sell out ;)
I dunno, just assumed it might be something more than not being able to pre-load. Just the pessimist in me I guess.
And they most certainly will eventually at retail ;)

Could be related. Kokaku posted this:

http://kotaku.com/sony-says-theyre-looking-into-crippling-ps4-glitch-1625604933

"We are aware of this account issue that has affected a very small number of users. We are currently investigating the cause of the issue and have made progress toward a possible solution."

I pre ordered diablo 3 on PSN recently and I canceled it on the phone with sony. I got an email the next day saying that they refuse to cancel my order. Maybe the gods have given me this luck.

Most probably it is related to that PSN-cannot-access-anything bug. It was caused due to canceled pre-orders and hence they have fixed it. But to apply that fix, they might have had to cancel preorders store wise.

Or they want to test if people lose their PSN access because of canceled pre-orders and all of you are part of their experiment :p

Top Bottom