• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony just cancelled my Infamous First Light Pre-Order...

kubus

My boyfriend got a review code from Sony around the time this thread was made. Maybe they fucked something up when they uploaded the file to the server or something? (I have no idea how they handle that stuff)

Any case it's downloading here fine so at least we know that the laid off employees didn't run off with the game to spite Sony!

Got this one as well. Really strange.

EDIT: Strange thing is that when I click "Tell me more" on the webstore, I get this:

P4sfj0C.jpg

Fliesen

I doubt it

i agree. i still don't get how confusing a bunch of your customer's would be "smarter" than just announcing it would be the free game next month straight away.

there's people who have the physical copy pre-ordered and maybe already on the way to them - those might be a tad pissed off.

Anustart

I bet this is because that's a girl on the cover. This is some of the most misogynistic bullshit ever. If it were a man the game would release on time.

Einbroch

Banned
Probably just switching over their preorder system and those that preordered between a certain time frame or region were effected.

stupei

Same here. The wording about the voucher code makes it seem this isn't some automated cancellation but they're having issues with this specific game and are canceling all the pre-orders.

wouldn't this be one of the first pre-loadable games? maybe they're having issues with the rollout of this feature and since people who pre-ordered would have expected this, they're canceling them.

All the "PLAY" games have had the pre-load option, at least in NA, and it's worked just fine for me.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I got it aswell, But cancelled my pre-order last month and pre-ordered the physical version, nice that I get the digital pre-order dlc code though.

The way things have been going on the PS4 with PS+ I'm inclined to agree. They're in no rush to make it the great value it was on PS3.
Yeah, because it didn't take quite some time for it to become said value on the PS3.

People have a really short memory. It took years before we started seeing shit like Bioshock Infinite on PS Plus.

Yeah, because it didn't take quite some time for it to become said value on the PS3.

People have a really short memory. It took years before we started seeing shit like Bioshock Infinite on PS Plus.

You think Sony has to re-learn how to make something a good value just because it's on a new system? What would be different? And since when wasn't PS+ a good value from the beginning?

I feel like you work at Sony.

You think Sony has to re-learn how to make something a good value just because it's on a new system? What would be different? And since when wasn't PS+ a good value from the beginning?

I feel like you work at Sony.
Because they're trying to sell games with the new system? What, did you expect launch games 2 months after release specially since a lot of people will be getting Plus to play online? And when it started PS Plus' offerings were no different in "value" from the PS4's, look it up - unless you think stuff like Digger HD and Genesis games are far superior to games like Strider and FEZ,

kamicowzi

Banned
I had the same thing happen with my Dragon Age Inquisition preorder. It just randomly canceled and the money was put back in my wallet. My other preorders are fine though.

Shredderi

Lol read that quickly as "sony just canceled Infamous:first light", and I thought that it has something to do with the layoffs :D

Has anyone contacted Sony about this? I'm really curious why they cancelled so many pre-orders.
I hope my Destiny NA PSN pre-order won't get cancelled.

Fliesen

Has anyone contacted Sony about this? I'm really curious why they cancelled so many pre-orders.
I hope my Destiny NA PSN pre-order won't get cancelled.

contacted Sony?

they contacted us telling us it was due to technical difficulties. - that's Sony's reason as of now.
Do you think their stance is going to be any different 20 minutes later just because you ask "no seriously, why?"

contacted Sony?

they contacted us telling us it was due to technical difficulties. - that's Sony's reason as of now.
Do you think their stance is going to be any different 20 minutes later just because you ask "no seriously, why?"

Yeah, contacted them and asked them like "why it was cancelled? Why can't I preorder it again, I can't even buy it now? Am I able to buy it at all?". You know, ask if we need to get the physical version or are we able to get it from the store.

You want to wait until 26th to see if you might or might not get it?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
My NA pre-order is still fine so far. I hope nothing happens. It might just be 15$ but still, I spent that cash, when I could. Don't ask me to repay when I can't Sony!

off topic, don´t know where to ask.

1. What is the incentive to preorder digitally?
2. If you have PS+, suspend the service for some time then come back, do you get previous downloaded games?

Fliesen

Yeah, contacted them and asked them like "why it was cancelled? Why can't I preorder it again, I can't even buy it now?
"technical reasons"
Am I able to buy it at all?". You know, ask if we need to get the physical version or are we able to get it from the store.

You want to wait until 26th to see if you might or might not get it?

of course we can get it digitally, they're even giving you the link to do so in the very mail you got.

off topic, don´t know where to ask.

1. What is the incentive to preorder digitally?
2. If you have PS+, suspend the service for some time then come back, do you get previous downloaded games?
1. you can download the game ahead of time, play it at midnight the day of release, and sometimes get DL tchotchkes (in this case, an outfit for Fetch)
2. if you're talking about the Instant Game collection games, yes. Otherwise anything you pay for you don't need to keep PS+ to keep playing

1. you can download the game ahead of time, play it at midnight the day of release, and sometimes get DL tchotchkes (in this case, an outfit for Fetch)
2. if you're talking about the Instant Game collection games, yes. Otherwise anything you pay for you don't need to keep PS+ to keep playing

Thanks!

D i Z

This isn't the first pre-load game on the EU psn, correct? We've have quite a lot of them on the NA store, but I haven't checked my EU account for new titles that have that function.

BibiMaghoo

Do the people getting these own I:SS, and do they own them digitally?

Maybe it's an issue with some identifier on their systems, and it is matching up with the main game, that being why you can't buy it any more, and it saying you own it.

Danlord

Do the people getting these own I:SS, and do they own them digitally?

Maybe it's an issue with some identifier on their systems, and it is matching up with the main game, that being why you can't buy it any more, and it saying you own it.

I own Second Son but physical release and my preorder was cancelled.

Sucker

Neo Member
There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

Teddified

There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

Thanks for the Clarification.

Top Bottom