• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony just cancelled my Infamous First Light Pre-Order...

Danlord

There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

So will I have to pre-order again or will my original preorder still be valid?

Carl

There was a clerical mistake made somewhere during the submission of the pre-order offer to PSN for SCEE territories. First Light itself is ready and submitted/approved for publication -- this is simply a mechanics problem with the pre-order program in Europe.

Apologies to affected customers, and we hope you all enjoy the game when it launches in ~4 days!

Sucker Punch

Thanks for the info :)

LiK

Sucker Punch

wait, why aren't you a member?

DatAhmedz

Sucker Punch

Thanks for the heads up! I got a little worried when I got the e-mail saying my pre-order was cancelled :v

GavinUK86

it's safe to preorder though right?

i was going to get it this weekend but if there are some issues that need to be sorted out first, i'd rather wait.

Danlord

Okay I've just got another email confirming the cancellation. Still in my download list too, says unavailable if I want to try preorder. Hmm. Shame, I am getting this but wish I could've preloaded it. :-(

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Sucker Punch

That's good to know. So I assume we are just out of luck with pre-ordering it again then and have to wait till actual release? I ask because the store page says I can't pre-order it due to me owning it, and my transaction history says it has been cancelled, so it seems to be stuck in some sort of digital limbo at the moment.

Sucker Punch

Good to know.

My worry now is that will I be able buy it digitally or not on release day? I ask because It keeps telling me I own the game...

And this is what it has to say in my purchase history,

C02XxJW.png

Really looking forward to this, would hate for there be a problem with me getting day one because I pre-ordered....

rafbanaan

Sucker Punch

Thanks for the explanation!

Silurus

Not a very good explanation tbh.

How hard could this of been to sort without cancelling peoples pre-orders.

Qasiel

I pre-ordered here in the UK 2 nights ago and it's gone through fine. No cancellation emails yet, and looks like it may allow me to pre-load it too (will confirm once I'm home).

SEN site is still telling me I own the game...

Will this be fixed by Wednesday or am I going to have to wait until Sony can be bothered to look into whatever the problem is?

Silurus

Must be a bad system they have for this to happen and not update our accounts so we can pre-order again.

Will be disappointed if it won't let me buy it on Wednesday.

PaulloDEC

Everything seems fine for me (Australia). Preordered via the SOE store earlier today. No email, money is still gone from my wallet, game still shows in my download list and the store with the option to download.

njd_online

Banned
Pre load started just fine for me (UK user, bought from US store).

Only problem I've got is the "Fetch DUP" dlc is giving me an error code and can't download.

Tried to cancel preorder on PS3 through "Transaction History" but there is no "Cancel preorder" button, like in all other preorders, so we stuck with this. And we can't even preorder this again.

Headhunter

Neo Member
There some folks already preloading this thingie...

Out of curiosity: Is it possible to pause preloads? Or is it the same shit like patches, only cancel and then you have to do it all again?

Melchiah

My pre-order was also cancelled on friday evening, and there's no option for ordering it again as it says I already have it. Hopefully this will be sorted out before the release date.

Blizzje

Is there really no word on what people who got hit by this bug can do about it? Will we be able to download it on the release day or are we locked out of a digital purchase forever?

Silurus

Sucker Punch @SuckerPunchProd · Aug 24
Apologies, we are aware that the cancelled preorders are stuck in some cases. PSN store is currently working on it.

Melchiah

Well my cancelled pre-order must not have been, as i was charged this morning and it has now pre-loaded.

Just checked, and it shows in my library, but hasn't been charged yet.
EDIT: It isn't showing in the media bar though.

XyTHbYYl.jpg

The 2 add-ons are related to the main game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Sucker Punch @SuckerPunchProd · Aug 24
Apologies, we are aware that the cancelled preorders are stuck in some cases. PSN store is currently working on it.

Seriously, they managed to screw up our pre-order, and now they have managed to screw up cancelling our pre-order because of of their own screw up. It's just silly now, it shouldn't be this annoying to buy a digital game.

Top Bottom