• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #27 | http://cbsinteractive.com/careers

I was born in 1993 and I love Mass Effect one. Two is also fantastic, and I never finished three.

Some stuff in Andromeda looks neat but I'm in no hurry to play it.

Also I don't actually know what the endings of Mass Effect 3 are (something about Garrus, calibrations, and everyone hated it)

Hindl

The crazy thing is we are probably on the cusp of the post-millennial era taking over. Millennials are anyone born between 1982 (people that legally became adults in 2000) and 2000 (people born in 2000). Next year (2018), the people that were born in 2000 will be legal adults. I've heard (at least in America) that the following generation could be seen as the 9/11 generation. In 2019, the first of the post-Millennials will be adults.

Some people are just so touchy. "Bless You" doesn't really even have a religious connotation anymore. It's just a common, polite phrase.

I always thought Milennials cut off around 95. I was born in 92. I think that makes more sense, since kids around 3-4 years younger than me had things easier but mostly grew up on the same technology. 6-7 years younger than me feel like they grew up in completely different times

Dany

Banned
tbh I don't think I could date anyone who is still in college. So at least 21?

Most is probably 10-15 my senior?

edit:

oops, wrong tab.

I always thought Milennials cut off around 95. I was born in 92. I think that makes more sense, since kids around 3-4 years younger than me had things easier but mostly grew up on the same technology. 6-7 years younger than me feel like they grew up in completely different times

They could probably be a separate generation: The cyber generation or mobile generation (or maybe the streaming generation), with some Millennial cross-over.

Those Joy-Con connection problems are FUCKED.

If Nintendo doesn't come out and say it's a software problem that will be fixed with a day one patch, I'm not picking up my pre-order. That looks terrible.

Hindl

They could probably be a separate generation: The cyber generation or mobile generation (or maybe the streaming generation), with some Millennial cross-over.

Yeah, I've heard them called the iGeneration, which is pretty cheesy but I like because it highlights a main difference I feel between me and kids 6 years younger than me. When I got my first cellphone, it was a brick with actual buttons like Nokias, and didn't get my first smartphone till 2011. Whereas kids a few years below me had their first phone (at middle/elementary school age) be the iPhone. So shitty name but I think it's apt since that explains a lot of the difference in the technology our two groups grew up with.

robotrock

Banned
Dunno if I missed this, but the actual unprofessional fridays segment where drew blinked is now getting traction too. just saw a twitter account called "memeprovider" tweet it

robotrock

Banned
8z8IMsW.png

lol now the fans of the memes have become one and the same with the posters in this thread. very nice

Ashby

That's pretty messed up, though reading his other tweets it doesn't seem to be an issue if you sit close to the system so I'll at least be okay. Curious how Nintendo will respond considering how widely known this will get and we're still a week away from launch.

Yeah, I don't think my tv is even a foot away from me. So at least I'll be good.

Is this joy con disconnecting thing only happening when they are not docked into the switch in handheld mode or are they disconnecting even when they are connected to the unit? Personally (and this is just me), I could've done without that wireless joy con motion functionality anyways. I get they want to offer as many control options as possible, but the 1,2, Switch stuff just looks weird to me and it sounds like using the Joy Cons as wireless controllers is less than ideal.

robotrock

Banned
Is this joy con disconnecting thing only happening when they are not docked into the switch in handheld mode or are they disconnecting even when they are connected to the unit? Personally (and this is just me), I could've done without that wireless joy con motion functionality anyways. I get they want to offer as many control options as possible, but the 1,2, Switch stuff just looks weird to me and it sounds like using the Joy Cons as wireless controllers is less than ideal.

the Joycons work fine when physically connected to the unit. it's when you sit on your couch in the TV mode, thats where they get finicky.

daveo42

Banned
I tried playing the the first Mass Effect and almost passed out of boredom, this looks kind of interesting.

I tried and stopped playing after the first mission. I love world building and lore, but Bioware loves to frontload all that shit. After about 90mins of just talking to people about who they were and why they were on the Citadel, I put the game down. I mean, I can recognize people love the games and universe, but Bioware needs a better way to flesh it out than just massive exposition dumps. Dragon Age: Origins was exactly the same.

the Joycons work fine when physically connected to the unit. it's when you sit on your couch in the TV mode, thats where they get finicky.

Ah, okay. I personally have little interest in using Joy cons wirelessly (if I ever get a Switch). I basically would be in for Switch basically just for the main concept of switching between console and handheld. If I was going to use a wireless controller, I'd just get a Pro controller. The joy con controller grip just looks way too small. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since GameCube, yet Switch is really enticing. Though, I just am not seeing the games that interest me yet (apart from Zelda and some of the Wii U ports). I will say, the one thing that I would be most excited about (and what made me somewhat interested in Wii and Wii U) is Virtual Console. The fact I could have so many great old Nintendo classics at home and on the go, is really awesome to me. There are many classics I missed out on that I'd gladly buy. I wish they'd make VC for PC, but it's Nintendo, so that's unlikely. The table top mode of Switch is also a neat concept (I love the little kickstand).

robotrock

Banned
I tried playing the the first Mass Effect and almost passed out of boredom, this looks kind of interesting.

I start the first Mass Effect about once a year in an effort to play through the whole series. I lose my interest very fast though.

Maybe if Andromeda is good, I'll play it, enjoy it, and finally have the strength to go back and enjoy Mass Effect 1.
Ah, okay. I personally have little interest in using Joy cons wirelessly (if I ever get a Switch). I basically would be in for Switch for the main concept of switching between console and handheld. If I was going to use a wireless controller, I'd just get a Pro controller. The joy con controller grip just looks way too small. I haven't bought a Nintendo console since GameCube, yet Switch is really enticing. Though, I just am not seeing the games that interest me yet (apart from Zelda and some of the Wii U ports). I will say, the one thing that I would be most excited about (and what made me somewhat interested in Wii and Wii U) is Virtual Console. The fact I could have so many great old Nintendo classics at home and on the go, is really awesome to me. There are many classics I missed out on that I'd gladly buy. I wish they'd make VC for PC, but it's Nintendo, so that's unlikely.

I am interested in the idea that the Switch is a hybrid console out of the box as well, but if these Joycons problem persist, that selling point is flawed. I don't really want to buy another $70 controller right now, so I'm fairly disappointed in this.

Also use Retroarch on PC. games look so much better there than they do on wii/wii u/3ds VC.

daveo42

Banned
Odd it's popping up now as you would think something like this would manifest itself at the NYC event. It appears that covering the "open" side of the joycon with your hand or fingers fucks up the tracking. Maybe it is only a distance thing and you pretty much need to sit <10ft away from the Switch?

Anyone watching the DICE 2017 Awards? Friend of the site (and contributor), Mike Drucker wrote the jokes that (also friend of the site) Greg Miller will use when he and Jessica Chobot co-host the show. The stream begins tonight at 7:00 PST/10:00 EST (though it looks like the actual show begins at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST).

Top Bottom