• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice - New SCE Vita action game, May 10 Conference [Up: Ad Images]

duckroll

There is no game article, and it is purely a 6 page paid ad, so there's no problem with posting this:

SofaU.jpg

Does not look anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, certainly doesn't look like a From Software game either.

Luigiv

There is no game article, and it is purely a 6 page paid ad, so there's no problem with posting this:

Does not look anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, certainly doesn't look like a From Software game either.
In a way this reminds me of Fairy Tail. The way the mages are using their magic that is.

If it really is a MonHan type of game good for them! And if From is somehow involved even better. I always thought it was silly when people demanded ports of Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, but a Vita game developed from the ground up could be very cool.

If it's neither MonHan-esque, nor From then boo.

SgtCobra

I may be seeing strange things, but the artwork and font really remind me of From Software..
Probably just caused by wishful thinking though, so pardon me

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is the apparent subtitle in the pic anything meaningful, or is it just one of the 'keywords' already reported?

I may be seeing strange things, but the artwork and font really remind me of From Software..

Doesn't look like From at all to me. Their art pieces lately (for the Souls games) are far more sketch-like and have really heavy shadowing.

I'm thinking this is Sony first party or something.

I dont even need details to know that I will buy it. Gimme all the Vita games I can get, I basically havent touched my PS3 since I got my Vita.

Hmmm... Sacrifice hey.. I wonder if its the same game that everyones assuming is GOW4.

Is the apparent subtitle in the pic anything meaningful, or is it just one of the 'keywords' already reported?

The text in the middle says something to the effect of: "The action game that shakes your soul, the beat begins now." The text to the left promises a completely new action game for Vita. Source: Adriasang.

orioto

Good Art™
It's really nice of Sony to finally try to have its own big ips, but it's a little late. They should have started on psp, cause i don't really see how you can create a popular ip on a too expensive system with a mini market...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think that there's a little chance that this game is "souls" related, some psp spinoffs or brands were cuter/younger/brighter than the original home version, if you add that this is probably a frenetic action game i can see a less dark and less static artwork like that for a "souls" related monster hunter clone on vita.

darkwing

It's really nice of Sony to finally try to have its own big ips, but it's a little late. They should have started on psp, cause i don't really see how you can create a popular ip on a too expensive system with a mini market...

yes, it's better they do nothing

"clones" can hit it big. Biggest example would be Call of Duty over Medal of Honor. But the key-point there seems to be that it's fine if it's heavily inspired , but it needs to be taken to the next level and not just do the same things.

Apenheul

Four magicians is a recipe for ad-hoc multiplayer, I could use something not MH / PSO related. Second set of artwork looks great, no dragons or space. Could develop into a really nice IP.

Honestly, that first picture looks a bit like Dragon Age II's art direction. Hopefully it's a better game than that was though. XD

EDIT: And also, I really don't know if From would trust SCE with exclusive projects after they jerked them around on Demon's Souls in the West. Could be wrong though.

"clones" can hit it big. Biggest example would be Call of Duty over Medal of Honor. But the key-point there seems to be that it's fine if it's heavily inspired , but it needs to be taken to the next level and not just do the same things.

and with the focus on magician and magic, the gameplay is probably very different than monhun, I expect it to have the same or similar structure, which is mission based 4 player co-op, but the gameplay will be totally different. as long as the core gameplay is good, no one will care if it has the same structure as MonHun.

Erethian

It also helps if it's released on a healthy platform.

And no I'm not saying it shouldn't be made at all, but the MH clones on PSP obviously benefited by being on the same platform as MH.

Looks pretty cool from the scans....please be an rpg rather than a blooming Monster Hunter clone...never had much interest in that format of game

Alrus

and with the focus on magician and magic, the gameplay is probably very different than monhun, I expect it to have the same or similar structure, which is mission based 4 player co-op, but the gameplay will be totally different. as long as the core gameplay is good, no one will care if it has the same structure as MonHun.

We have way too few infos to conclude anything about gameplay...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
No they should probably use the psp market to begin with and build a link with the vita..
So uncharted 1, just an example, should have been on ps2?
Japan!=rest of the world, psp is almost dead everywhere and plagued by piracy. If you want to make a japan-only game make it for psp, but if you have more ambitious plans you have to risk on vita.
In any case if sony is involved it's clear why this is a vita game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
No they should probably use the psp market to begin with and build a link with the vita..

yes, they should continue giving people a reason to buy the psp over the vita. you are a business genius!

Looking forward to this. Seems like its absolutely necessary with Capcom being... weird, and the system needs more first party graphics pushing super-beasts to show the world exactly whats on offer here. All the better if its D___ Souls inspired.

orioto

Good Art™
So uncharted 1, just an example, should have been on ps2?
Japan!=rest of the world, psp is almost dead everywhere and plagued by piracy. If you want to make a japan-only game make it for psp, but if you have more ambitious plans you have to risk on vita.
In any case if sony is involved it's clear why this is a vita game.

Precisely, Uncharted was aiming at the west market. A Monster Hunter clone is aimed at the psp/japan market... The game should be on psp AND Vita and give psp owners the wish to upgrade, then the sequel would be Vita only.

Or at least associate the release of such a game with a price drop.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Precisely, Uncharted was aiming at the west market. A Monster Hunter clone is aimed at the psp/japan market... The game should be on psp AND Vita and give psp owners the wish to upgrade, then the sequel would be Vita only.
Making it Vita only and marketing the hell out of the game will provide better results I feel. Putting it on the PSP won't make it stand out and will actually reduce interest in the game.

Yjynx

Wow seeing those scan my interest really rising to the max. Hmm need more info.... And how come no rumour at all prior to this?

Mario007

Wow seeing those scan my interest really rising to the max. Hmm need more info.... And how come no rumour at all prior to this?

Well we all heard those rumours about Sony and third parties working on Vita games, it's just that many people decided to disregard it because VITA IS DOOMED!!!!

(having said that, it IS strange that we didn't even know about the basic concept of this game till now)

Top Bottom