• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Fight is off?

No, I imagine Boesch will still fight him and get some extra money for it. He'll almost certainly still be bigger than Hendricks on fight night anyway. He's got 3 inches in height on Johny and a bigger frame, and now he knows he'll be in better shape too.

I can't see Johny Hendricks fighting again though. He has been talking about retiring for two fights and now he misses weight in a division where he's one of the smallest fighters. Unless he had a serious injury or health problem nobody's heard about, this has to come down to not caring.

Chesskid1

Banned
i just feel bad for hendricks

especially after i read he lost a shitload of money on opening a steakhouse that bombed, UFC career crumbling, and has a really nice family iirc from watching him on embeddeds

Syder

i just feel bad for hendricks

especially after i read he lost a shitload of money on opening a steakhouse that bombed, UFC career crumbling, and has a really nice family iirc from watching him on embeddeds
He could try being professional and make weight like every other fighter.

Can't feel bad, lol.

Dude is so unprofessional...he's about 5'7 and can't even get to 186.

Something is definitely off with that guy. Seems like an odd guy.

iddqd

What a fall from grace... he did not even look too surprised on that scale.
This fight went from "not sure who should win" to "WAR BOETSCH" for me.

Syder

Moving up in weight was just more room for steak in his mind.
You can't miss weight if there isn't a weight limit

Wenger_Knows_Best.png

N° 2048

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Was working the whole event so I don’t know anything for sure but I was called into my sister location after closing the bar. Phil Davis, Hendo, Randy and Shawn Couture, Meathead, Jake Shields, Joe Schilling, Chris Lytle and more.

Crazy way to cap off my evening.

What a shit show.

How anyone can take Bellator seriously is beyond me.

UFC wash ups, fake drama, shit fights.
Nobody takes it seriously. Last night was fun and entertaining though. The "real" fights like Larkin/Lima and Bader/Davis were the boring ones. McGregor's teammate and Rory are must see TV though.

How can anyone take the Bellator minor leagues seriously? The UFC is the furnace that distills fighters into their purest form until they're ready for the real show.

I'm seriously od'ing on MMA this weekend. X-1 was a mix of great fights and some lay and pray snoozers. But even when the super hw fighters gas after half a round, the crowd enthusiasm kept it fun.

What time is Old Man Penn today?

N° 2048

How can anyone take the Bellator minor leagues seriously? The UFC is the furnace that distills fighters into their purest form until they're ready for the real show.

I'm seriously od'ing on MMA this weekend. X-1 was a mix of great fights and some lay and pray snoozers. But even when the super hw fighters gas after half a round, the crowd enthusiasm kept it fun.

What time is Old Man Penn today?

UFC Fight Night 112 Main Event:

155 lbs.: Michael Chiesa vs. Kevin Lee

UFC Fight Night 112 Main Card on FOX Sports 1 (9 p.m. ET):

185 lbs.: Tim Boetsch vs. Johny Hendricks
115 lbs.: Felice Herrig vs. Justine Kish
205 lbs.: Joachim Christensen vs. Dominick Reyes
170 lbs.: Alex Garcia vs. Tim Means
145 lbs.: B.J. Penn vs. Dennis Siver

UFC Fight Night 112 Prelims on FOX Sports 2 (7 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Clay Guida vs. Erik Koch
185 lbs.: Vitor Miranda vs. Marvin Vettori
115 lbs.: Carla Esparza vs. Maryna Moroz
155 lbs.: Devin Powell vs. Darrell Horcher

UFC Fight Night 112 Prelims on UFC Fight Pass (5 p.m. ET):

145 lbs.: Jared Gordon vs. Michel Quinones
155 lbs.: Johnny Case vs. Tony Martin
205 lbs.: Jeremy Kimball vs. Josh Stansbury

VoxPop

Bellator was quite enjoyable last night. I don't think anybody expected some crazy technical fights anyway.

Davis/Bader was obviously a dud. It's going to be a sad time for them to be rolling with Bader as their champion going forward. Maybe we'll get to see Bader get his revenge on Tito in the near future.

Larkin/Lima was disappointing as hell as this is the only fight I expected a showcase from Larkin. Even so Lima did a good job of staying composed and entering the top 10 at 170. It's amazing how Askren absolutely manhandled both Lima and Koreshkov.

Started getting good from here as we got to see the GOAT boxer, wrestler and fighter Aaron Pico get demolished by Mr Believe in yourself Zachary Freeman.

Terrible situation with Chandler but he won a lot of respect from me. Him yelling at that pussy Primus to kick his damaged leg was badass and that stool pull was too funny.

Got a sweet double knockdown and Fedor getting flatlined by a Trumper.

Chael blanketing that irated clown Wand for 3 dominant rounds.

It's not quite Strikeforce/Pride level but if Coker can manage to consistently deliver these good + bad carny shows while skipping all those lame pitbull straus campos type events, he can make Bellator somewhat relevant.

The question everyone was wondering for the last 7 years was answered last night ...Sonnen and Wand scuffle back when they were coaches was in fact REAL.

Virtually identical to the actual fight, Joe.

Real talk, but Bellator's commentary team is so much better than the UFC now. With Mauro, Goldie, and even Brandon Schlub combined with the spectacle of the fighter entrances astuff, man it's light years ahead of the po-faced Uber serious UFC presentation

N° 2048

Real talk, but Bellator's commentary team is so much better than the UFC now. With Mauro, Goldie, and even Brandon Schlub combined with the spectacle of the fighter entrances astuff, man it's light years ahead of the po-faced Uber serious UFC presentation

This is what I do love about be Bellator.

Oh man I can't agree about Schaub and even worse, Josh Thompson but Mauro and Goldie were on their game.

But yeah, intros are bad ass and short. That was one of the frustrating things about that silly anthem set up ....just made everything screech to a halt. Not only that but you got two old farts out there that have less testosterone in their body than the normal 50 year old man at this point , can't have their adrenaline just come crash down like that.

VoxPop

Fedor does love fighting middleweights. I can see it happening. But seeing as how Sonnen got rocked by some old woman version of Wand, I can see Fedor easily rocking him and choking him out in typical Chael fashion.

So that Cody vs Kader thing happened at the gym I goto. Kader is an absolute clownshoe but it's embarrassing this is happening here.

Top Bottom