• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Naruto/Sakura would have been potentially the best pair if given the right amount of development between the two. That antagonism early on could have turned into a real base for something. It was kind of my preferred one even though I knew it was going to be Hinata.

But yeah, Kishi. =(

That hug at the end of the Pain arc ;_;

Finally started Boruto with ep. 25

Didn't even finish Naruto but I know enough context from fan-talk lol

I like chocho and what she seemingly represents.

A girl who's obviously plus sized which is normally looked down upon yet is one of the most confident characters. Its also kinda nice to have a ninja of color in the group.

I don't know that she's any more "one note" than any other Naruto side character.

First time watching and she's already one of my favs

As someone who has recently been re watching early Naruto. It's very easy to see why she is so disliked. She constantly berates and hits Naruto, with having no accomplishments or contributions to speak of. Her fight with Zaku in the FoD is kinda pathetic, the fucking bites his arm. Her fight with Ino in the Prelims is built on a vain rivaly over a boy, which they threw away a friendship over. Also all the stuff that happens in Shipuuden just makes it worse.

I suppose I'll be the one to defend Hinata. She's cute as hell, is a girl that's not screaming about Sasuke, and has reason's to define her crush on Naruto. She works hard, just as Naruto and Lee do ,but her attitude of self-depreciation holds her back. Her backstory is interesting, as is her relationship with Neji. She almost gets herself killed in her fight with him. Also before the Chunin Exam finals, she emotionally supports Naruto when he opens up to her about his uncertainty with his upcoming match. There is definitely stuff I'm missing but that what I'll put out there. Also you guys spouting that bland shit sound mad salty.

Another point. I hated Sakura way more in the past, and that was probably because of the anime, it can exaggerate and stereotype some of the traites of the characters, like Sakura's anger and Hinata fainting and stuttering.

Have to note, Sakura threw away their friendship. However, they did become friends again and we're seen together during the fin rounds of the Chunin Exams, right?

brinstar

I actually like Naruto and Hinata, I just wish Hinata wasn't such a wallflower during the main series and that they got more scenes together. I always thought it would've been cool if they had more of a bad boy/good girl dynamic, like if they started hanging out in school more and Hiashi disapproved or something.

Similarly there is a part of me that likes Sakura and Sasuke, I just wish she wasn't such a doormat to him. He should be kissing her feet with all the shit he's put her through lol

Maybe we can have some character growth for all the K11 characters now in Boruto.
Like them saving genin teams in times of danger or being superiors. I wonder if Hinata even knows rotation since apparently she is now called a "Gentle Fist Master."

To bad we missed the part were they were teacher/sensei's as that got skipped and went to the next generation (Konohamaru's gen). Then again I wouldn't assume anything major happened when Kakashi reigned over Konoha, except maybe some clean up of shady underground shit and secret organizations, smuggling, criminal things and other stuff that the anbu dealt with but also had a play in as well.

Konoha wasn't rainbow and sun shines, they did some crappy shit too around the globe, even slaughtered small villages, deals with shady people (Danzou in particular) and experimented and captured children.

Lol at them trying to have the high morale ground against the hidden mist.

I actually like Naruto and Hinata, I just wish Hinata wasn't such a wallflower during the main series and that they got more scenes together. I always thought it would've been cool if they had more of a bad boy/good girl dynamic, like if they started hanging out in school more and Hiashi disapproved or something.

Similarly there is a part of me that likes Sakura and Sasuke, I just wish she wasn't such a doormat to him. He should be kissing her feet with all the shit he's put her through lol

That would be totally out of character for Hiashi, he had a plan for both of them.

No, but seriously... That would be out of character for both Naruto and Hinata imo. Naruto is the kind of kid that would never get into a relationship because he doesn't know how to handle that, and while I don't like what they did with Hinata in the fillers I could totally see Kishimoto doing the same in the manga.

Also, I would've preferred Ino and Sasuke ending together at the end and maybe Sakura with Lee or even Sai. In my opinion the whole Sakura and Sasuke thinkg has never happened. Like, according to Kishi and Pierrot their first date lasted less than 5 minutes...

LotusHD

Banned
No one deserves either Sasuke or Sakura. As for Sasuke not kissing her feet, can you blame him? She's virtually never given any indication that Sasuke needed to put any real work in regards of romancing her or getting her forgiveness. She was ready since Day 1. So why would he start now...

brinstar

That would be totally out of character for Hiashi, he had a plan for both of them.

No, but seriously... That would be out of character for both Naruto and Hinata imo. Naruto is the kind of kid that would never get into a relationship because he doesn't know how to handle that, and while I don't like what they did with Hinata in the fillers I could totally see Kishimoto doing the same in the manga.

Also, I would've preferred Ino and Sasuke ending together at the end and maybe Sakura with Lee or even Sai. In my opinion the whole Sakura and Sasuke thinkg has never happened. Like, according to Kishi and Pierrot their first date lasted less than 5 minutes...

I don't mean relationship, just them being friends. Hinata is dang near a princess and Naruto is like an urchin so you'd think there'd be some class differences there.

I can't see Sasuke with Ino at all lol. Has he ever even spoken to her?

No one deserves either Sasuke or Sakura. As for Sasuke not kissing her feet, can you blame him? She's virtually never given any indication that Sasuke needed to put any real work in regards of romancing her or getting her forgiveness. She was ready since Day 1. So why would he start now...

Yeah that's true. I just wish there was a little more back and forth between them. Then again I bet Sasuke actually totally dotes on Sakura and Sarada behind closed doors lol

cool fan art
tumblr_omtacvXDgH1u0udyko1_1280.png

The thing with Boruto's hair is that it has so much stuff going on with it. This leads to animators who take their time on it doing it well on some occasions but a quick draw (or even the most common one) leaving the hair do to look ugly

eventually when he gets the head band he looks at least better. One of the main problems for me is that he has two separate head pieces in his hair with a line outline that divides it.

Edit: Only side angle I could find that doesn't show the top outline thing I was mentioning
Note: Relax the image was edited, so he doesn't have the byakugan or anything

Even worse than what I said.

I don't mean relationship, just them being friends. Hinata is dang near a princess and Naruto is like an urchin so you'd think there'd be some class differences there.

I can't see Sasuke with Ino at all lol. Has he ever even spoken to her?

Yeah that's true. I just wish there was a little more back and forth between them. Then again I bet Sasuke actually totally dotes on Sakura and Sarada behind closed doors lol

You could actually said the same about Sakura, lol.

...Well, he did mention they (Naruto and Sakura) were his "precious nakama" (Translator note: nakama kind of means friends) but that relationship kind of looks pretty destructive if you ask me.

As for Naruto and Hinata, poor Hinata got stripped of her status by the time we saw her for the first time. Hiashi did say to Kurenai (knowing Hinata was outside the room) that she could do whatever she wanted with her because she was useless to him. I seriously doubt that he'd care she hanged out with Naruto.

Karin was perfect for Sasuke. She was the only one that matched his crazy and accepted him for he was.

But wasn't Karin unpopular in general?

I didn't like Karin, and I am not sure why. She just annoyed me. But I get the sense that Sarada who is really cool, is what Karin should have been?

Sarada is kinda stuck up. But she is also attentive. She is kinda speculative and manipulative. But she has her heart in the right place. She reminds me a lot of Karin- Which is why Saradas trip threw me off.

brinstar

Karin has always been written as a maniac. Sarada has a good head on her shoulders

I always kind of wanted Karin and Suigetsu to just hatefuck already

Pein

Banned
Tsunade isn't an Uzumaki. She's a Senju. Uzumaki's were Just close relatives.
her grandfather was senju and her grandma was uzumaki

Was it stated that the Uzumakis were wiped out like the Uchihas or are we just assuming they were because we only know few of them?

The country was wiped out and the few survivors scattered to different villages

They never did? Only thing I remember is Karin commenting on his chakra being warm or something I think

yep that was all there was.

brinstar

I was kind of hoping they'd go into more of the Uzumaki's background in Boruto though I guess there's probably not much to talk about

I don't even think dilution works as we think it does in the manga

and example is that Minato had to use the death reaper seal to seal 50% of the Kyuubi in him and even after doing that the chakra was so much that he was numb and paralyzed

meanwhile Naruto as a baby was able to take the other half without the death reaper seal

Khezu

Karin needs to show up and train both Boruto and Sarada.

Get bolt some chakra chains.

Would go well with his edgy teen years.

SoulUnison

Banned
Fucking Chou-Chou.

"Every boy should want to date me. Potato chips. There - that's my entire personality. I'm done talking this episode."

The problem with abilities in this series is honestly, The have never explained how bloodline stuff works, and some personal jutsus that should have transferred to their kids never seemed to.

That and well, parents being thought up hundreds of chapters after the fact, with new abilities.

Ha, nobody had commented about this week episode.

I like what they are doing in the anime: The 5 kages are doing all the things possible so the 5 villages maintain their alliance but issues from the past keep coming back, which clearly shows nobody is as forgiving as Naruto.

The Nue arc, Uchiha Shin, the guys of the hidden mist, even Momoshiki are all threats from the past that keep coming back. I know that Boruto will eventually forgive the guys that kidnapped Denki because that's what the show is about, but I don't know how much Pierrot and Kishimoto will push this over the new (and boring) stuff they are doing in the manga.

Another great thing: Our damsel in distress in the series is a boy, not Sarada, not Sumire nor Chocho, a boy.

Another greatest thing: Hiashi's plan seems to be working.

The problem with abilities in this series is honestly, The have never explained how bloodline stuff works, and some personal jutsus that should have transferred to their kids never seemed to.

That and well, parents being thought up hundreds of chapters after the fact, with new abilities.

I believe the bloodline stuff (Keikengenkai) is basically like the X-men but with clans: so you're from this clan, okay, you get the same power as the rest of the clan.

The families developed their own jutsu and they are very secretive about them but in the end that doesn't mean that other people cannot do those things (which is why the Sharingan is a big deal: they can copy everything that is not a keikengenkai). There's like a pool of techniques everyone know about and can do. Then there are the techniques developed by some families that everyone could potentially learn about but don't because families are very secretive. And finally you have the keikengenkai stuff that nobody outside a clan can do because you need to be born with that characteristic, which is why in general those born within certain families were used as weapons and the reason most of those families have been wiped out in the present.

at least that's my head cannon. Don't know if Kishimoto bothered to explain it.

KHlover

Banned
Ha, nobody had commented about this week episode.

I like what they are doing in the anime: The 5 kages are doing all the things possible so the 5 villages maintain their alliance but issues from the past keep coming back, which clearly shows nobody is as forgiving as Naruto.

The Nue arc, Uchiha Shin, the guys of the hidden mist, even Momoshiki are all threats from the past that keep coming back. I know that Boruto will eventually forgive the guys that kidnapped Denki because that's what the show is about, but I don't know how much Pierrot and Kishimoto will push this over the new (and boring) stuff they are doing in the manga.

Another great thing: Our damsel in distress in the series is a boy, not Sarada, not Sumire nor Chocho, a boy.

Another greatest thing: Hiashi's plan seems to be working.

https://imgur.com/a/gc6Cc

For the uninitiated.

SoulUnison

Banned
Hey I am Boruto and I know how to walk on water by instinct alone

them Hyuga genes

For some reason I just assumed that room wasn't actually a "pool" so much as there was just an inch or two of water on the floor.

Did the characters have that chakra aura around their feet during those scenes? I don't remember seeing it and now I'm not at the computer to check.

EDIT: Yeah, nobody's feet are glowing blue. That room is a puddle, not a pool.

Didn't we already see them learning how to do this in an episode?

Also, this episode was pretty boring.

I don't think Boruto was on the lake/pond training with them

I agree this episode was indeed pretty boring
For some reason I just assumed that room wasn't actually a "pool" so much as there was just an inch or two of water on the floor.

Did the characters have that chakra aura around their feet during those scenes? I don't remember seeing it and now I'm not at the computer to check.

I thought it was a actual pool since this is the hidden mist so actually water training seems common

you just need to see Boruto in general to know he pics stuff quite easily

he was trying to do wind style in the last episode

Just getting into Sarada's arc (already read the manga tho)... this show gets what I loved about early Naruto so well.

And Sarada arc's closing credits.. :* (

So good.

Latest episode was quite good. The connection to Yagura seems obvious.

aw @ the little boruto and sarada moment on the pier

Scenes like that are why the series would be so much better if Boruto and Sarada were close childhood friends. It's so bizarre their parents went through so much together that they're barely acquainted at the start of the show.

Ross61

Scenes like that are why the series would be so much better if Boruto and Sarada were close childhood friends. It's so bizarre their parents went through so much together that they're barely acquainted at the start of the show.
They were aquatinted before the show, Sarada just probably chose not to hang out with him.

You're one of the few sane people here who found the episode good, so I hate to argue with you, but... Why would it be better if they were already close childhood friends? Just so we get more scenes like that? I like seeing their relationship build. I'm pretty sure they already knew each other before the academy btw.

Top Bottom