• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Khezu

He probably just made her one because he randomly made Nagato one.

And just thought red hair Uzamaki w/e, lets go draw some more Sharingans on everything.

Episode 27

New OP is nice, ubt to me suggests the anime will definitely be more than 50 episodes, and Kagura having such a prominent role in it...I guess he will stick around for some bit. I hope so. Also him playing card games with everyone on the bed was so good, I love the high friendship levels going on. Great episode.

ED was fun too.

"He killed a bunch of his classmates when he was young"

Boruto: Ok

"He's the grandson of someone"

Boruto:
g1lXWQp.png

Pein

Banned
It was an alright episode nothing too substantial but that preview looks dope I think I saw suigetsu and that’s would be nice to see him back in the mist.

I thought Kagura would be just a guest star in a couple of episodes but it seems this will last longer.

The ending also implies that they're going to become gennin by the end of all this... so around chapter 50?

Don't like the music of both the ending and the opening but it was the same for the first openings and endings.

Also, the bitterness came back to the thread xD

Red Fire

Cool episode. Some development for Kagura, and it's cool to see everyone fighting (even if it was just a tiny bit)

So he was Yagura's grandson after all. Also yo that last scene! Poor boy got sliced. That other dude had the shark thing going on like Kisame.

New Opening shows grown up Boruto? If we say this opening lasts as long as the last one, so ~25 eps, that would make it last till ~episode 50. If that's a tease, would that mean we get timeskip at ep. 50 at the latest? Seems early if we consider this arc plus chunin exams. I would've hoped we see more ninja missions and training and team interactions with konohamaru sensei

I might be jumping the gun though

That map is basically just an upside down Europe lol

I could kind of see it

also this episode again had some overall good bonding moments.... In Naruto there wasn't that much time for them to slow down and take things in

I just hope that they actually give us some content with the other classmates and their overall abilities before they wrap up the academy

the newest ending was pushing literally all of them and I truly think the series will be elevated if they actually went out of their way to push the other kids and continue to update us on their overall gains, etc.... post graduation

a big miss step in Naruto

Really enjoyed this episode.

New opening design is very Fighting Dreamers like. I enjoyed that, it reflects them moving on to becoming genin. Ending ain't too shabby either.

Preview looked promising as well with Boruto infusing shuriken with lightning chakra. I'm happy the anime is just chugging along doing its own thing.

Yado

Most of the rest of the students have those nondescript "filler character" designs. No interest in seeing more of them.

Most of the rest of the students have those nondescript "filler character" designs. No interest in seeing more of them.

for it is the exact opposite

I mean even Inojin looks fillery due to his overalls but everyone changes their clothes for the better when they become Genin

what if all this kids had unique ninjutsu's, genjutsu, etc...

SoulUnison

Banned

The ones with the best designs seem to keep getting shafted into the background and the EDs, while they keep pushing super filler-y designs like Namida and Wasabi into the "main group."

Best designs are the kid in the newsboy's cap, and the guy in the beanie.

LotusHD

Banned

It's ironic that no one was excited to have a cast of clones, yet they still stand out more than the other characters lol

brinstar

Yeah it's kind of frustrating because with some tweaks I think some of them could be actual interesting characters but they all look kind of jarring next to the ones clearly designed by Kishimoto.

I agree, I want more screen time for them. They could've had the past few arcs showcase their skill in some fashion or them help Boruto out so that they aren't fully just wallflowers.

Moaradin

I thought Sumire looked pretty cool during her villain phase. Hopefully a lot of the background characters get better outfits once they graduate.

I agree, I want more screen time for them. They could've had the past few arcs showcase their skill in some fashion or them help Boruto out so that they aren't fully just wallflowers.

Yup. The Part 1 Naruto kids managed to have more personality and allure despite being in the middle of constant action

LotusHD

Banned
I thought Sumire looked pretty cool during her villain phase. Hopefully a lot of the background characters get better outfits once they graduate.

Unfortunately she no longer in that phase...

Even characters like Denki and Iwabe, it's only just now setting in that they're not complete throwaway characters...

Were Denki and Iwabe designed by Kishi? Because those are the only two new characters that I don't think look out of place or "fillery".

I agree about Sumire. I used to think she was a super bland design and somehow the villain stuff made her look less bland, but now she's back to looking like before. (Though I ultimately see her as more interesting now because of those developments)

I seriously thought Sumire would merge her two personalities into some new personality after the Nue events

then again we literally didn't get that much screen time from her post the NUE arc

I seriously thought Sumire would merge her two personalities into some new personality after the Nue events

then again we literally didn't get that much screen time from her post the NUE arc

Yeah I've been meaning to bring this up since she returned to the class and I kept not doing it for some reason.

I don't understand why she would still be acting shy. It was just an act right? Feels lazy to just ignore that and have her go back to "shy class rep".

Maybe it doesn't completely not make sense, but it's definitely the most uninteresting path they could have chosen. Since she doesn't have to hide behind shy and innocence anymore, her personality shouldn't continue to be that way.
Unless she has another ongoing scheme (jk)

brinstar

Yeah I've been meaning to bring this up since she returned to the class and I kept not doing it for some reason.

I don't understand why she would still be acting shy. It was just an act right? Feels lazy to just ignore that and have her go back to "shy class rep".

Hah I was thinking of bringing this up today too. I guess she's probably just trying to make things seem as "normal" as possible but yeah it's weird.

Honestly Iwabe and Denki look just as filler-y to me, but more designed since they have active roles. Since they're not in the manga I don't expect much from them either.

Not

Banned
Boruto looks more like Naruto than Naruto looked like Minato

Man what if Kishi gave him black hair. What if he took that step.

Hah I was thinking of bringing this up today too. I guess she's probably just trying to make things seem as "normal" as possible but yeah it's weird.

Honestly Iwabe and Denki look just as filler-y to me, but more designed since they have active roles. Since they're not in the manga I don't expect much from them either.

What does that mean? Them being "more designed" is why they don't look fillery to me, I guess.

brinstar

What does that mean? Them being "more designed" is why they don't look fillery to me, I guess.

I guess they don't look like Kishimoto's style to me? They look more distinct than the other filler characters but they still look like Naruto anime creations to me rather than something from the original series. That's not a negative or anything, I just always felt like the Naruto anime has a kind of different look than the original material.

Oh I thought they figured out but the story just had them forgive her while sorta glossing over it.

I guess it makes more sense if everyone doesn't know.

The only ones who know what truly happened are Boruto and Mitsuki. Shikadai, Inojin, and Denki know something went down but don't know the specifics.

brinstar

for some reason I figured they briefed the entire class on it but I guess it would make more sense if it was just kept under wraps

for some reason I figured they briefed the entire class on it but I guess it would make more sense if it was just kept under wraps

The episode after had Boruto trying to keep Mitsuki from blowing Sumiere's secret. They were picking teams and Mitsuki wanted Sumiere because she's so strong but Boruto told him not to mention that stuff out loud.

brinstar

The episode after had Boruto trying to keep Mitsuki from blowing Sumiere's secret. They were picking teams and Mitsuki wanted Sumiere because she's so strong but Boruto told him not to mention that stuff out loud.

Ahh I missed that entirely, I must've been looking away from the screen lol

Top Bottom