• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 the Movie #1 Spring of Birth - Opens Nov 23 in Japan

Watashiwa

That's not Persona 2!

That already had an anime PV! For what it's worth, it also looked amazing, wish they'd been able to do it for real. IS and EP are best suited for the direct anime treatment I think.

At least three, I would think.

Probably four. This movie's subtitle has "spring" in it. They're probably going to do one for each season.

Also, the new music suggests that Meguro was working on the anime, not P5.

Villainous

Neo Member
Wow, that trailer looks fantastic. Seemingly much higher production values than the Persona 4 Animation. Cannot wait.

Makoto Yuki, though? Come on now, Atlus, Minato Arisato was perfect! I can't picture Mitsuru calling the protagonist 'Yuki' in that really formal way she does at all...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Probably four. This movie's subtitle has "spring" in it. They're probably going to do one for each season.

That would be a stretch depending how they deal with the side S.Links - combining Fall and Winter seems a lot more likely.

Acid08

Banned
Seemingly much higher production values than the Persona 4 Animation.
Let's hope!

p4ep13err_l.jpg

Dantis

I'm not really into anime, but Persona 3 has a really cool style. That poster looks like something I wouldn't be embarrassed of telling people I want to watch.

It's a shame we might not ever see female protagonist again, I'd bang her.

She has a really excellent design.

cafemomo

Chie hater.

She has no business being in that movie.

If they will have cameos from P4, Margret would make more sense.

Or at least Rise, because in P4, she implied that she
was supposed to do a concert in Club Escapade on the same day you go there to go shadow huntan in September

Shouta

That's not Persona 2!

You never compared P2 to P3/P4, first rule of Persona Club.

Also, P2:IS/EP are a little overrated. I played both very recently and while some of it holds up, a lot of it is pretty eh by current standards.

Jb

Yukari looks a little weird. I doubt I'll watch this for the same reason I never felt compelled to check ou the P4 anime: I know that story and its characters, I know what they look and sound like, so unlike in a book adaptation there's not much interesting new stuff for them to do in that format that I haven't already experienced with the game.

I kinda hope they gave it more of the gothic look of Persona 3. I really identified the game's style with how pale everything was, especially people.

persona-3-group-photo.jpg

Art quality looks really good. Hope the trouble with Index doesn't affect this.

I'm not really into anime, but Persona 3 has a really cool style. That poster looks like something I wouldn't be embarrassed of telling people I want to watch.

It's a shame we might not ever see female protagonist again, I'd bang her.

With an Evoker?

Meia

That would be a stretch depending how they deal with the side S.Links - combining Fall and Winter seems a lot more likely.

We'd only get four probably if they decide to do a movie on The Answer. It wouldn't TOTALLY surprise me for them to do it, since they announced an episode 26 to P4A only as episode 25 aired.

Trailer looks great, and yeah, this one has to have an actual love interest, since it was canon. Should probably have 2. I'm more interested in seeing if they make Strega non-shit.

I love this game, but they would have been better off making a movie set after P4A. WE KNOW WHAT HAPPENS GUYS. This is reaching Evangelion levels of ridiculous in an even shorter amount of time.

wonder if this means anything for the state of jrpgs in japan when they are making a movie trilogy based off an old ps2 game, and recently made a tv show based off its ps2 sequel.

but I guess they did also make an anime movie based off vesperia and they are doing a tv show off neptunia.

Sooo who knows. atlus got money to burn (or did)?

Squire

Banned

You can't outrun fate, my friend.

wonder if this means anything for the state of jrpgs in japan when they are making a movie trilogy based off an old ps2 game, and recently made a tv show based off its ps2 sequel.

but I guess they did also make an anime movie based off vesperia and they are doing a tv show off neptunia.

Sooo who knows. atlus got money to burn (or did)?

I won't get into it in this thread, but the state of JRPGs is: dire.

Top Bottom