• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Xenoboy

The Whistle man, so good. If they drop Anatoly's body this season I'm gonna be pissed, I hope he and Oliver can make up, I just don't want my man dead :(

The Whistle man, so good. If they drop Anatoly's body this season I'm gonna be pissed, I hope he and Oliver can make up, I just don't want my man dead :(

He's one step closer to his destiny:

85ed2cd34f20dce0374a5e7267e2f343.jpg

Best part from the review:

"Sorry, random Bratva guy who jumped up on the lowest ledge of that shelf to attack Oliver: That kind of parkour might fly back in Russia, but it isn’t going to impress anyone in the jumpy house that Roy Harper built."

I laughed so hard at that amazing vertical.

Joni

Chase wasn't even fazed with his identity being revealed. This guy was just whistling all happy without a care in the world.

Once again, another fantastic episode. Diggle really stole the show with his hope in Oliver. It's sad seeing Ollie and Anatoly become bitter enemies. I wonder if Adrian will get the Bratva to work with him.
I hope it leads to Bratva taking to Kovar as a big bad next year.

Sober

That is a good review and analysis independent of the score it was given.

At this point I have to say everything that review pointed out about how the people Oliver, Adrian, and Anatoly have become has to be intentional by the writers and not a fluke. You don't pull off what feels like a near-perfect season through sheer luck alone.

Man, I am SO FUCKING GLAD they didn't waste Adrian Chase's actor on Vigilante. Prometheus was a pretty good villain before the reveal, but dude has taken it to a whole 'nother level.

Also his theme is godlike. Unsettling as hell.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Man, I am SO FUCKING GLAD they didn't waste Adrian Chase's actor on Vigilante. Prometheus was a pretty good villain before the reveal, but dude has taken it to a whole 'nother level.

Also his theme is godlike. Unsettling as hell.

the vigilante switcheroo has been brilliant

Zen Aku

Best part from the review:

"Sorry, random Bratva guy who jumped up on the lowest ledge of that shelf to attack Oliver: That kind of parkour might fly back in Russia, but it isn’t going to impress anyone in the jumpy house that Roy Harper built."

Just rewatched that part. I didn't even notice it the first time lmao.

Sou Da

Finally catching up on this, on episode 13. I'm enjoying it but I have to admit I find it really jarring because Green Arrow usually should be this political and the show for the most part is decidedly not traditional Green Arrow.

Just weird.

jobrro

Loved the music at the final scene.

Still shocks me how far Arrow and Legends came from last season. I was very close to dropping them both after last season, so glad I persevered and gave the season premiers a shot.

Zen Aku

I still cringe whenever does his whole 'suit up' shtick. That actor is really bad at selling his comedic lines. Like I actually find him more believable when he is serious.

whoawhoaaaa that was dope.

i've only seen one dud this season (the Wild Dog episode. he's cool but these guys writing about a political issue like gun control was some terrible stuff, that shit was all over the place). the most consistent season the Berlanti-verse has had imo.

Chase just being in their faces too. And that whole action sequence between the gang and the Bratva, with the dive through the window. beautiful. This is peak DCW.

That's how Oliver got his "in" with the Russian Mob. By saving him in season 2.

edit: that episode ending too btw. You see stuff like that in plenty of other stuff but it's so new to these shows, man I loved it. This season murks.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Today's Bratva flashbacks were great. The AV Club review summarized why I liked them pretty nicely. Anatoly is great, he has a longer history than anyone with Killer Ollie currently on the show and you can feel it.

I have yet to feel a momentary desire to give a shit about any of the flashbacks. They aren't unrepentantly awful like season 3 and 4's, but they still couldn't drive me towards looking at my phone faster than they already do. They manage to kill the momentum of anything really relevant that's happening.

Menaged

I feel a bit disappointed TBH. It was a good episode, but I wished broken Ollie would stick around for a bit longer. I feel it kinda cheapens the former fantastic episode, since it doesn't bear that much weight anymore (although maybe I'm mistaken, since Ollie isn't 100% there).

The ending was great though.

Pretty sure a pen when thrown cannot puncture an eye, not enough weight in it.

I have a couple nice pens on my desk right now that have the weight. A good fountain pen will wreck a fool.

Loved this episode. But I got so drunk due to my bad idea for my weekly Arrow Drinking Game. Have a sip everytime someone says Bratvah or Pahjan and each time Curtis' Balls show up.

Room was spinning at the halfway point.

Minamu

I just saw the checkmate episode and I don't get it. The "secret" was so bad, hasn't this been painfully obvious for years?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just saw the checkmate episode and I don't get it. The "secret" was so bad, hasn't this been painfully obvious for years?

Are you talking about episode 16 "Checkmate" or episode 17 "Kapiushon"

So - which Springsteen song or album do you guys think will be the title for this season's penultimate episode?

EDIT - never mind. It's already known -
Missing

ZeroX03

Banned
So - which Springsteen song or album do you guys think will be the title for this season's penultimate episode?

EDIT - never mind. It's already known -
Missing

Darkness on the Edge of Town is still my favorite of the Springsteen titles. The ending of that episode too!

Minamu

Are you talking about episode 16 "Checkmate" or episode 17 "Kapiushon"
16, haven't seen any more. If that invalidates my opinion due to new stuff happening, maybe. I just thought the "twist" and "secret" Oliver confessed was dumb as it was the most non-secret of the show imo. It could practically be the show's subtitle, Arrow:
He likes it
:lol

ZeroX03

Banned
16, haven't seen any more. If that invalidates my opinion due to new stuff happening, maybe. I just thought the "twist" and "secret" Oliver confessed was dumb as it was the most non-secret of the show imo. It could practically be the show's subtitle, Arrow:
He likes it
:lol

That's episode 17.

And the secret isn't shocking to the audience, it's new to Oliver. The whole point he's been in denial for years.

DeathyBoy

Banned
That's episode 17.

And the secret isn't shocking to the audience, it's new to Oliver. The whole point he's been in denial for years.

This.

He's been running from that fact for years and is called on it. It hits him as hard as the inevitable Flash scene where he realises he likes fucking up the timeline.

Xenoboy

This.

He's been running from that fact for years and is called on it. It hits him as hard as the inevitable Flash scene where he realises he likes fucking up the timeline.

Savitar: Tell me your secret...
BA:I don' know what you are talking about...
* Vibrates arm through BA *
Savitar: Tell me, why do you mess with the timeline!?
BA: I mess because... I wanted to! And I liked it!
Savitar : You've finally created yourself, rather I have created myself...
*To be continued*

Minamu

Meh, I dunno, feels like the whole team has known this truth for some time now, and I didn't find it very interesting so far. But that's just me :)

Meh, I dunno, feels like the whole team has known this truth for some time now, and I didn't find it very interesting so far. But that's just me :)
Nah, it was a crap moment and a waste of an episode. Audience gained nothing from it. Is like spending an entire episode to tell us Felicity likes computers.

Top Bottom