• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
The best part of this episode was not only the upbeat music at the ending, but the intro title card had really depressing music instead of the usual Arrow theme. Nice little addition.

Really strong episode for Diggle. While I sort of find it hard to disagree that Chase should die by end means necessary, Diggle gave a pretty compelling speech and it was certainly rousing enough to pull Oliver back in the game.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, the depressing intro music was great. Also, was the title sequence a little slowed down as well?

The happy music at the end was pure awesome-sauce.

Dynomutt

18/18 easy.

Agreed.

I've not even really bothered with the last handful of Supergirl episodes...

I've not watched the last two episodes of The Flash and Legends...

I've just caught up with spoilers it's not that they're not good shows they just have not been as great or as excellent as Arrow. It really is in a league of its own and is assassinating it's fellow CW shows. I'll talia Arrow has bounced back as CW's premier show faster than John Constantine could r'as a gul!

jb1234

Another solid episode. I also have to give the show props because I'm not entirely certain what the end-season game is here. Is it a final confrontation with Chase? Helix? Talia? Anatoly? All of them at once? No clue. It's exciting.

ZeroX03

Banned
Anyone GIF that sweet dive through the window by Wild Dog?

Wild Dog bite hard, my god

wilddogbitehard75u4s.gif

Now i understand why Laurel will be brought back. She will be the one that knock sense into Oliver. I was wrong i should have waited to finish the episode before saying that.

Another long break between eps? U.S tv schedules are the worst.
They want their shows on at key times. Alternative is like 30+ episodes which nobody would want and episodes around Christmas and such would tank in the ratings anyway.
And sometimes Sports and such have an impact now and then.

Sometimes shows schedules are stupid though like Once Upon A Time a few seasons ago:
3 episodes, off 2, 1 episode, off 3, 3 episodes, off 1, 2 episodes, off 3, 3 episode, off 1, etc

ZeroX03

Banned
Today's Bratva flashbacks were great. The AV Club review summarized why I liked them pretty nicely. Anatoly is great, he has a longer history than anyone with Killer Ollie currently on the show and you can feel it.

Blackage

Felt bad for Anatoly at the end there, when he took over the Bratva it looked like they were in good hands, but it seems that time hasn't been kind to him.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think it all hinges on whether we see Kovar again this season. If they're saving him for next year, Anatoli will certainly be a part of it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm Late-Watching

- Chase's face can't be captured on camera? Nice Ghost in the Shell tie in. He's The Laughing Man
- Diggle is stealing the show this episode.
- Bringing back the idea of atonement from earlier in the season. Very nice.
- This is the second Kord Industries name-drop in a CW show this week. Weird.
- Kacey Rohl is my new CW megacrush. I think she's totally going to be Evil Felicity cause that's sorta the actress' thing (unassumingly dangerous people) but still *swoon*
- Fight scenes in this episode are pretty dope. I'll avoid making another disparaging remark about the Netflix martial arts show that couldn't muster even one fight as good as these

Really loving how consistent this season has been theme wise. Basically every arc has been about accepting responsibility for mistakes. Even dealing with the Bratva. They didn't just show up, Oliver made a mistake bringing them and it has to be dealt with.

Im seeing a lot of dissenting opinions on the episode complaining about how its just another morality play for Oliver and that we've seen all this before...

But did they or did they not realize that Star City's Mayor called a hit on a DA in Police Custody and planned to pay the BRATVA in Diabetes and TB drugs so the BRATVA can make a street drug worse than Heroin.......

Straight up killing people is one thing....

Oliver pretty much causing a drug pandemic is another.

ZeroX03

Banned
The more I think about it, the more pissed I am that Katie Cassidy was announced as a new series regular and not Rick Gonzalez. We need permanent Wild Dog on Arrow. Either that or Legends.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Im seeing a lot of dissenting opinions on the episode complaining about how its just another morality play for Oliver and that we've seen all this before...

But did they or did they not realize that Star City's Mayor called a hit on a DA in Police Custody and planned to pay the BRATVA in Diabetes and TB drugs so the BRATVA can make a street drug worse than Heroin.......

Going into the episode I was a bit concerned about that being the case, but I thought it worked. It only lasted the span of one episode instead of being an on going arc. This felt more like an episode about Oliver's depression. Oliver's journey has been about becoming something more and Chase completely undermined the foundation of that. It's a slight retread, but I think it works better here than when they've done it before.

Now if people want to talk about repeated story beats, they just need to tune into The CW on Tuesdays at 8pm EST.

LionPride

Banned
S5 of Arrow is the best season of comic book television at this point

Chase is chilling
Nope

As established last week and in Season 1, Oliver is just a psychopath and crazy

Chase wasn't even fazed with his identity being revealed. This guy was just whistling all happy without a care in the world.

Once again, another fantastic episode. Diggle really stole the show with his hope in Oliver. It's sad seeing Ollie and Anatoly become bitter enemies. I wonder if Adrian will get the Bratva to work with him.

Dynomutt

Chase wasn't even fazed with his identity being revealed. This guy was just whistling all happy without a care in the world.

Once again, another fantastic episode. Diggle really stole the show with his hope in Oliver. It's sad seeing Ollie and Anatoly become bitter enemies. I wonder if Adrian will get the Bratva to work with him.

Isn't he even more dangerous now? I'm really curios to see how team Arrow bounces back.

Top Bottom