• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

There's supposed to be a ton of superheroes in the infinity war. I imagine he'll make at least a cameo.
Yeah, of heroes already existing in the MCU. I wouldn't expect many newbies beyond a Carol cameo or Thanos' Black Order.

Spyderist

Banned
Because Marvel wants the focus to be on their MCU characters.

Obviously, it's still ridiculous. Imagine if DC sold off Batman and Superman to different studios before making their own studio with I dunno, Doom patrol and Plastic Man movies in a world where WB didnt buy them out, it would be ridiculous for them to assume that now Batman and Superman licenses are irrelevant to fans around the world, to kids, to their own fracking history.

Neoxon

Obviously, it's still ridiculous. Imagine if DC sold off Batman and Superman to different studios before making their own studio with I dunno, Doom patrol and Plastic Man movies in a world where WB didnt buy them out, it would be ridiculous for them to assume that now Batman and Superman licenses are irrelevant to fans around the world, to kids, to their own fracking history.
I wouldn't really equate the Avengers to Doom Patrol. The Avengers are a much bigger deal even before the movies.

But yeah, blame Ike Perlmutter for this bullshit.

Spyderist

Banned
I wouldn't really equate the Avengers to Doom Patrol. The Avengers are a much bigger deal even before the movies.

But yeah, blame Ike Perlmutter for this bullshit.

I guess maybe the Green Lantern Corps? Avengers books were pretty ho hum affairs sales wise compared to any Xmen book.

Look, what MCU managed to do with c- and d-listers is impressive. No Spiderman, no xmen, no fantastic four, and when they got that bank loan for their own movies from goldman sachs I don't think they even had Iron Man (new lines cinemas). I understand their rage at making the movie deals they made, but these characters are the legacy of Marvel from the 60s to 2000s.

Neoxon

I guess maybe the Green Lantern Corps? Avengers books were pretty ho hum affairs sales wise compared to any Xmen book.

Look, what MCU managed to do with c- and d-listers is impressive. No Spiderman, no xmen, no fantastic four, and when they got that bank loan for their own movies from goldman sachs I don't think they even had Iron Man (new lines cinemas). I understand their rage at making the movie deals they made, but these characters are the legacy of Marvel from the 60s to 2000s.
Sadly, Ike Perlmutter (at the time) had a massive hate-boner for Fox, rivaling that of Tien's hate-boner for Vegeta. He didn't want to advertise Fox material in any way Marvel Entertainment could control. Obviously now they're loosening up on the X-Men side, but now Marvel's doubling down on the F4 ban,

Neonep

I understand the hate for the graphics/roster, but is capcom really the one to blame completely? It seems they are being strong armed into taking the face punches for Marvel.

Marvel contracts Capcom to make a MvC within a constrained time period, with control of which Marvel characters that makes the cut. Make Capcom handle all the shit PR, and shit out a game to help them advertise for the real money making movies.

I don't forgive Capcom for the mess of SFV, but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would try to make a better product given different circumstances.

Capcom lost that benefit of a doubt with DmC for me. Their stupid decisions are continuing to cost them.

jett

D-Member
Little Nemo the Dream Master lets go

RE-FTFY

250px-Littlenemocover.png

Coda

Anyone else really like what they've done with Dante's moveset? I feel like he has more of a Devil May Cry 1 vibe withe the shotgun and gunplay type stuff. Now if they just fix his meth face I'm all in. Still thinking my team will be Dante/Venom, that's the only reason why I'm getting the game because they're both in it.

Neonep

Anyone else really like what they've done with Dante's moveset? I feel like he has more of a Devil May Cry 1 vibe withe the shotgun and gunplay type stuff. Now if they just fix his meth face I'm all in. Still thinking my team will be Dante/Venom, that's the only reason why I'm getting the game because they're both in it.

Nah, it's still all DMC3.

I wonder if Capcom has Daredevil vs Phoenix Wright as a DLC pair planned already.

I'd love to see Ronan vs Phoenix as a pack since Ronan is a Kree judge :p

FerroN91

Neo Member
I know it might sound incredibly stupid but what if the companies believe non-high quality might help them to push the characters out faster for "infinite" DLC like mobile games since they constantly getting a lot of updates during year.

I don't know. I meant it's going to harm the franchise brand in a long term if it's in case.

Doesn't sound stupid in this age. Pumping out a half ass effort game with a recognizable IP will get decent sales. The DLC will probably make a killing for them.

kirblar

Unlike the Dahren Mohran (sp), Meio doesn't seem "too big" to be a playable character, at least based on the modern Strider game I looked at.

chriskun

Just saw the IGN footage that eventhubs had on their frontpage, and Iron Mans animations are looking rough. Getting a big Injustice 2 vibe ala Deadshot animations from him. Do we know exactly what studio is working on this? Is it capcom internal? Are they outsourcing certain characters?

BadWolf

Just saw the IGN footage that eventhubs had on their frontpage, and Iron Mans animations are looking rough. Getting a big Injustice 2 vibe ala Deadshot animations from him. Do we know exactly what studio is working on this? Is it capcom internal? Are they outsourcing certain characters?

Capcom internal iirc.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
God, I hadn't thought about it, but you're 100% right. This roster is totally fucked on Capcom'd side and it's all their fault.

The announcement for characters isn't over yet.

Yeah it's sad and they're really hammering "we listened to fans", despite that being the only character that was a fan request

Jedah and Monster Hunter were heavily requested during UMVC3 Hype Train. Jedah made to top 10 for most requested character for Capcom side.

Interior Team with a lot of new hires.

Dahbomb

Iron Man has same animations as in Marvel 3 (like actually copy/pasted), just with less particle effects. He has a couple of new moves but that's it.

Jawmuncher

The announcement for characters isn't over yet.

Jedah and Monster Hunter were heavily requested during UMVC3 Hype Train. Jedah made to top 10 for most requested character for Capcom side.

Interior Team with a lot of new hires.

lol no. They weren't even in the top 10 in the fan polls. Unless I missed one. They're cool picks, but weren't high up on anything. Gene & Asura were higher up

Dahbomb

I never saw Monster Hunter on a poll. I have seen Rathalos here and there but not specifically Monster Hunter.

Jedah is usually around or below Dimitri, Jon Talbain and BB Hood. I have seen him #10 highest at a Capcom Unity poll so he's definitely been in there.

Usually the characters that top the lists are MMX, Date Masamune, Gene, Captain Commando and Jin Saotome.

Crazy that X is the only new capcom character announced for the base roster so far.

The lack of newcomers on the Capcom side is concerning. Kind of adds to the view that this is a budget title. If you just go by the leaked base roster it has less Capcom newcomers than any MvC game, including MvC1 when you take out the characters they reused sprites for.

Edit: Both the Monster Hunter and Jedah didn't show up on a lot of roster prediction lists because a lot of people thought they just couldn't be added in the first place.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lol no. They weren't even in the top 10 in the fan polls. Unless I missed one. They're cool picks, but weren't high up on anything. Gene & Asura were higher up

lol yes.

Capcom Unity

CAPCOM TOP 10

1. Mega Man X (1075)
2. Gene (647)
3. Classic Mega Man (263)
4. Jin Saotome (197)
5. Jon Talbain (195)
6. Captain Commando (192)
7. Masamune Date (144)
8. M. Bison (137)
9. Megaman.EXE (118)
10. Jedah (108) / Bass.EXE (108)

SRK.com

CAPCOM TOP 15

1. Megaman X 116 votes

2. Gene 109 votes

3. Sigma 79 votes

4. Captain Commando 71 votes

5. Jin Saotome 63 votes

6. M. Bison (Dictator) 47 votes

7. Asura 34 votes

8. Jedah 33 votes

9. Juri 31 votes

10. Megaman 27 votes

11. Ryu (Breath of Fire) 25 votes

12. Nina (Breath of Fire) 20 votes

13. Cammy 16 votes

14. B.B. Hood 15 votes

15. Roll 15 votes

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I never saw Monster Hunter on a poll. I have seen Rathalos here and there but not specifically Monster Hunter.

Jedah is usually around or below Dimitri, Jon Talbain and BB Hood.

Read my comment carefully. I never said Monster Hunter was placed in top 10. They were heavily requested for U/MVC3 series until people found out that Monster Hunter team doesn't want the characters to be in the game. The hype for Monster Hunter rep quickly died.

Spade

Just gonna add that there were multiple character polls done for DLC chars at events, regions, and online that SRK has on their site.

Dahbomb

Read my comment carefully. I never said Monster Hunter was placed in top 10. They were heavily requested for U/MVC3 series until people found out that Monster Hunter team doesn't want the characters to be in the game.
People requested monsters like Rathalos, not "nobody create a character" Monster Hunter.

Dahbomb

Lots of people want M Bison in the game too apparently.

Better than most other SF characters to be honest.

On the Marvel side, Venom, Gambit, Green Goblin, Ms Marvel, Cyclops and Psylocke topped most lists.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

He needs to come back for the full screen Psycho Crushers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well you got me on there. So they managed 2 fan favorites at least.
Geez that capcom unity poll sucked ass.
Actually both of these did. So much mega man.

Also, I decided to research more further.

PIXVI

Capcom side:

1. Date Masamune
  2. Megaman EXE
  3. X
  4. Batsu Ichimonji
  5. Bass EXE
  6. Tessa
  7. Gene
  8. Harp Note
  9. Sanada Yukimura
  10. Sieg (Chaos Legion)
  11. Kirin Armor (Female)
  12. Saki Omokane
  13. Leon S Kennedy
  14. Akira Kazama
  15. Tsuruhime - NEW
  16. Ingrid
  17. Jin Saotome
  18. Strider Hien
  19. Grey (MMZXA)
  20. Jedah Dohma
  21. Kyosuke Kagami
  22. Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
  23. Chuck Greene
  24. Devilot - NEW
  25. Regina - NEW
  26. Nina (BOF2)
  27. Albert W Wily (Megaman) - NEW
  28. Mobile Suit Alpha (Side Arm) - NEW

NeoGAF

Capcom
1. Gene - 94
2. Megaman X - 66
3. Ryu (Breath of Fire) - 41
4. Cap. Commando - 27
5. Jin - 26
6. Roll - 21
7. Nina - 18
8. Vanessa - 17
9. Asura - 14
10. B.B.Hood - 13
10. Jedah - 13

Honorable Mention: Sigma, Juri and Classic Megaman tied @ 12

Dahbomb

That Gamefaqs list is like a who's who of obscure as fuck Capcom characters. Fucking Harp Note on #8? LMAO!

That list would've made a good TvC Capcom side roster though. But not close to being mainstream enough for a MvC game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That Gamefaqs list is like a who's who of obscure as fuck Capcom characters.

That list would've made a good TvC Capcom side roster though. But not close to being mainstream enough for a MvC game.

Also there is Kirin Armor (Female Character) From Monster Hunter. :p

FerroN91

Neo Member

On the Marvel side, Venom, Gambit, Green Goblin, Ms Marvel, Cyclops and Psylocke topped most lists.

Bison is my go to for a hopeful SF character. Lots of potential in a modern Vs. game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Those lists are also likely the reason Jedah got in.

Yup, they said that they look into those polls and trying to figure out which characters they could include in MVC:I for capcom side. They cited the polls for Mega Man X's inclusion so I presume that it might be same thing for Jedah and future characters. I really hope that BOF character(s) would make in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom