• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Gu4n

Some observations then (all SC/CS/2 spoilers):
- The Courageous is being blown up above Heimdallr. Victor is still captain of the Courageous.
- Railway Guns are transported to Tangram Gate, which rests on Crossbell's eastern border with Calvard.
- Osborne declares war on Calvard with support of the people.
- We've previously seen Crossbell City and southern Crossbell playable, and now eastern Crossbell as well.
- Valimar fighting with the enormous white mech previously seen behind Arianrhod, also a purple-ish mech behind Campanella. I'm fairly certain these are successors to Pater-Mater.
- Infernal Castle is re-summoned again, Ironbloods look possesed.
- Heavy emphasis and unusual kanji use for 'time' suggests Erebonia's second Sept-Terrion is indeed time.

Should I watch the trailer if I beat CS2, but haven't really played Trails 3rd yet nor any of the Crossbell games?
No spoilers for those games at all.

- The Courageous is being blown up above Heimdallr. Victor is still captain of the Courageous.
- Railway Guns are transported to Tangram Gate, which rests on Crossbell's eastern border with Calvard.
- We've previously seen Crossbell City and southern Crossbell playable, and now eastern Crossbell as well.
- Valimar fighting with the enormous white mech previously seen behind Arianrhod, also a purple-ish mech behind Campanella. I'm fairly certain these are successors to Pater-Mater.
- Heavy emphasis and unusual kanji use for 'time' suggests Erebonia's second Sept-Terrion is indeed time.

All of this sounds good.

I have to wonder how he's going to get the people on his side after just getting out from a civil war. Something wrong has to happen I guess. I could totally see a set-up from Osborne himself.

Erheller

oh shit

Is this all from the trailer?

alpha69

All of this sounds good.

I have to wonder how he's going to get the people on his side after just getting out from a civil war. Something wrong has to happen I guess. I could totally see a set-up from Osborne himself.
I'm pretty sure most of the people are already on his side after the Noble faction shot themselves in the foot with their Civil War. I believe Sen III is a few years after Sen II so he probably used that time to further gain support after gaining a huge momentum after the Civil war. Enough to start a World War on Western Zemuria.

Erheller

All of this sounds good.

Maybe nationalism, if Bismarck is anything to go by

Squire

Banned

I feel like
whether or not Victor dies
is and always has been one of the big questions here.

I don't feel I've been spoiled by anything in CS3's various trailers or promotional material, and the only stuff I know about Zero/Ao is out of context things that doesn't bother me (playable characters) or stuff that is revealed in CS2 like
the arrest of the president of Crossbell, the occupation by Erebonia, and the weird crystal tree thing
which again I have no idea context for how or why most of that happens so it's really not a big deal.

Korigama

Wonder if "actually being a good character" will rub off on Elise. Then again, there's always the fear that Elise will end up dragging down Tita into suckitude.
Depends on whether they do anything with (CS I Chapter 4 spoilers)
that "potential Awakener" mention for Elise after she entered the Old Schoolhouse at Thors

PK Gaming

that "potential Awakener" mention for Elise after she entered the Old Schoolhouse at Thors

Oh shit

But also, there are
like 15 other candidates I'd take over her.

I think she can still function as a character if she manages to break away from being Rean's satellite.

I was thinking that that the "colourful" characters will end up being the awakeners, since we already have ashen, azure and vermilion.

Taruranto

N43duRn.jpg

This just hit me but wasn't that
the aim of Osborne's speech when he got sidetracked by his own assassination?

I realize I must have forgotten some context from the twelve hours that was the epilogue to CS2, but it's remarkable that Erebonia managed to annex Crossbell without going to war with Calvard. I assume the Ashen Knight was a large enough deterrent?

Yeah, exactly.

Jiraiza

Now that I've slept on the CS3 trailer hype, my thoughts on Zero, Chapter 4, End of Day 2:

Absolutely amazing scene. The way the entire scene developed and how it involved everyone in the SSS were just so, so heartwarming and sweet. The game so far painted the SSS as a close-knit family, but I'd say this scene alone pretty much solidified that chemistry without a doubt. Zeit, KeA, and Sergei all being part of it afterwards makes me extremely happy. The Lloyd cringe being an infectious trait was also great. Guy being a common point that ties all these stories together is also something I appreciate, which makes me respect Lloyd's position in the story a lot more.

Cassius's involvement along with Arios being Guy's best bud were pretty interesting tidbits, too. Even Zin was there! Bravo to Falcom for slowly tying everything together; it's getting me pretty excited. That said, I'm not entirely too sure of the timeline on when this happened.

I think it's safe to say that this scene has sold me completely on the Zero cast. And props to Tio's VA because she does an extremely good job at showing how vulnerable Tio can be despite the normal deadpan nature she usually shows. Tio's story ended up being pretty heavy, so I'm definitely eager to learn about Randy when the time comes.

In any case, brilliant stuff, I can see why there's a lot of love for the Crossbell games.

sbs2601

Neo Member
Cassius's involvement along with Arios being Guy's best bud were pretty interesting tidbits, too. Even Zin was there! Bravo to Falcom for slowly tying everything together; it's getting me pretty excited. That said, I'm not entirely too sure of the timeline on when this happened.
It happens during
Schera's moon door. There's even an optional cutscene where Cassius tells Schera over the bracer guild's phone that he'll be coming back home later than planned. IIRC, Joshua tries to off him on his way back to Liberl from that mission, and then you get the opening cutscene of FC.

Squire

Banned
At this point, I'll take anything other than more awkward pining for her brother (or anyone around her actually encouraging it). Rean could even let Patrick have her already, but most probably like Patrick too much to stand for that.

Or hate him.

Pat's awful.

Now that I've slept on the CS3 trailer hype, my thoughts on Zero, Chapter 4, End of Day 2:

I think it's safe to say that this scene has sold me completely on the Zero cast. And props to Tio's VA because she does an extremely good job at showing how vulnerable Tio can be despite the normal deadpan nature she usually shows. Tio's story ended up being pretty heavy, so I'm definitely eager to learn about Randy when the time comes.

In any case, brilliant stuff, I can see why there's a lot of love for the Crossbell games.

I remember your post for a while ago when you said that
you wanted more development to happen with more characters around and not only Lloyd with a certain character. That scene sold me on the SSS and there's more to come.

Anyway, it was really good.
It hit me like a truck. I love how they went for a big, crazy ride and stressful chapter 3 to scenario-changing intermession to apparently more quiet chapter 4 until it punchs you in the guts. I can tell you are going to love Tio in Ao.

It happens during
Schera's moon door. There's even a scene where Cassius tells Schera over the bracer guild's phone that he'll be coming back home later than planned. IIRC, Joshua tries to off him on his way back to Liberl from that mission, and then you get the opening cutscene of FC.

Wow, I didn't realize about this.

Jiraiza

It happens during
Schera's moon door. There's even an optional cutscene where Cassius tells Schera over the bracer guild's phone that he'll be coming back home later than planned. IIRC, Joshua tries to off him on his way back to Liberl from that mission, and then you get the opening cutscene of FC.

Oh yeah, I did manage to see that phone call scene. Didn't think nothing of it at the time. Damn.

I remember your post for a while ago when you said that
you wanted more development to happen with more characters around and not only Lloyd with a certain character. That scene sold me on the SSS and there's more to come.

Anyway, it was really good.
It hit me like a truck. I love how they went for a big, crazy ride and stressful chapter 3 to scenario-changing intermession to apparently more quiet chapter 4 until it punchs you in the guts. I can tell you are going to love Tio in Ao.

Yeah, hearing Tio's voice break down slowly is not good for my heart.
I might be able to finish Zero this weekend or next, and then I'll be on the Ao train before the CS3 one takes off. Exciting.

Jolkien

Zero no Kiseki question
Why is Arios called the Divine Blade of Wind and Cassius just Divine Blade is it because Arios only mastered second form, Gale and Cassius mastered all of them ?

It was worth seeing Gaius put him in his place for it, though.

That's just it, though. Rival characters aren't supposed to immediately be put in place like that. Worse, all the people he disparages takes pity on him instead. It colors every subsequent interaction with him with the tone of a sad, one-sided rivalry.

Though maybe I shouldn't take it that seriously and should just regard him as an Anton-tier joke character.

Korigama

That's just it, though. Rival characters aren't supposed to immediately be put in place like that. Worse, all the people he disparages takes pity on him instead. It colors every subsequent interaction with him with the tone of a sad, one-sided rivalry.

Though maybe I shouldn't take it that seriously and should just regard him as an Anton-tier joke character.
In general, they didn't do all that great of a job selling players on the nobles of Class I as rivals for Class VII. Agreed on it ultimately being a one-sided thing.

Thud

Zero no Kiseki question
Why is Arios called the Divine Blade of Wind and Cassius just Divine Blade is it because Arios only mastered second form, Gale and Cassius mastered all of them ?

3rd spoilers
He never explicitly revealed which form he mastered, but if you bring Renne during the Cassius fight there is some interesting dialogue there. Renne can't sense how strong he is and Cassius mentions Helix.

The Divine Blade is more like a honorary title, because he doesn't use a blade anymore. He did teach Richard and Julia swordplay. Richard took up the 5th form and he's pretty skilled at it.
So we can assume Cassius is proficient with a variety of sword styles.

Arios has indeed mastered the second form.

3rd spoilers
He never explicitly revealed which form he mastered, but if you bring Renne during the Cassius fight there is some interesting dialogue there. Renne can't sense how strong he is and Cassius mentions Helix.

The Divine Blade is more like a honorary title, because he doesn't use a blade anymore. He did teach Richard and Julia swordplay. Richard took up the 5th form and he's pretty skilled at it.

[Sky the 3rd]
Ya, I just assume that Cassius is actually Divine Blade of Helix but is only casually referred to with the front part because it isn't important to make that distinction until Arios comes along.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
3rd spoilers

I thought he mentioned that he used both helix and void, or mixed them, or something along those lines.

Nyoro SF

My media blackout lasted a grand total of 8 hours.

That trailer.... holy balls.... this is gonna be a GREAT fucking game, I can feel it.

Pat is not the rival character, which should be obvious for anyone who has beaten CS1.

There can be more than one rival character, yar? And Patrick is explicitly set up as one through their dialogues. Like, the world "rivals" were literally said there.

But as I a said, maybe he's actually meant to be a joke character instead, and the rivalry set-up is there just to continuously put him down.

vkrili

There can be more than one rival, sure. See, uh, Yamcha, Krillin, Piccolo, Tien...

Usually these characters are designated as "rivals" at one point or another, but their function in the actual story, once it progresses past them, is more of a weaker supporting character who fills an oftentimes (but not always) more comedic role, who starts off antagonistic but after spending some time with the main character, their hard shell melts off to reveal the gooey center inside.

That's Patrick. The Yamcha of Kiseki. Whether that is an endorsement of his character or not, uh, let me get back to you on that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zero Chapter 1 beaten:

Loving this game. Sure, it's the first chapter in a Trails game, so it's going to be slow, but Crossbell is so interesting that it doesn't even matter. There's already intrigue with the mafia, the conflict with the Bracer Guild, the hint of corruption within Crossbell, and a great synergy between the four members of the main cast I never quite felt in Sky (but did feel to a lesser extent in Cold Steel, although it was diluted by the sheer size of Class VII). The pacing is on point, too, something I've said multiple times already, but something that has not only remained solid, but kept improving as the game goes on.

I love how they didn't wait to tie this into Sky. Arios working with Estelle and Joshua, and knowing Renne, make this feel like a legit sequel as well as a standalone game. Most other interconnected games (Suikoden, Cold Steel/Sky) feel connected, but distinctly separate, with cool callbacks to previous entries, but Zero, so far, feels like it manages to balance its connections with Sky and doing new things in a way that's really nicely interwoven. I hope it keeps up - the worldbuilding from the Sky and even Cold Steel games (which is fascinating, as those came after) bleeds into this game so organically.

Side quests about finding lost books can get lost, though. I hate these super trivial tasks.

alpha69

This just hit me but wasn't that
the aim of Osborne's speech when he got sidetracked by his own assassination?

I realize I must have forgotten some context from the twelve hours that was the epilogue to CS2, but it's remarkable that Erebonia managed to annex Crossbell without going to war with Calvard. I assume the Ashen Knight was a large enough deterrent?
I believe it was
Crossbell rather than Calvard he was planning to announce war with. They did destroy Galeria fortress and froze all those IBC accounts giving him reason to full on war. Though he probably plans to go to war with Calvard anyway after that.

Calvard did resist the annexation as shown at the end of Sen 2 but they were no match to Valimar and all those Soldats

I believe it was
Crossbell rather than Calvard he was planning to announce war with. They did destroy Galeria fortress and froze all those IBC accounts giving him reason to full on war. Though he probably plans to go to war with Calvard anyway after that.

Actually Garrelia Fortress comes after, IIRC (vague Ao's spoilers)
First Erebonia and Calvard send the tanks in response to the Assets freezing and declaration of independence.

They get stopped by a Ao's spoiler, so Garrelia Fortress' commander decides to shoot the Railway Gun against Crosbell.
The missile is neutralised and Crosbell nukes Garrelia in retaliation.

alpha69

Actually Garrelia Fortress comes after, IIRC (vague Ao's spoilers)
First Erebonia and Calvard send the tanks in response to the Assets freezing and declaration of independence.

They get stopped by a Ao's spoiler, so Garrelia Fortress' commander decides to shoot the Railway Gun against Crosbell.
The missile is neutralised and Crosbell nukes Garrelia in retaliation.
Oohh... I don't remember it being mentioned in Sen 1 or 2 that
Garelia fortress attempted to fire the railway guns first causing Crossbell to retaliate with their "nuke"
. Thanks to Imperial Chronicle censorship I bet!

ResourcefulStar

Neo Member
I still haven't forgiven him for that little outburst in Chapter 3, both as a person and a character.

It's just... really lame for a supposedly rival character to do.
This scene and his subsequent appearance are what sold Patrick to me. Spoilers for chapters 3 and 4:
he immediately realizes that Gaius is completely right and that his actions do not reflect the ideals of nobility that he wishes to exemplify. His pride is gone in Chapter 4, and he takes orders from Rean and Crow without raising any objections when Elise gets in trouble. I think it's admirable to be able to grow this much in a mere month after being called out for the first time in your life.

Top Bottom