• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Woke up early to get some yakuza game time in before res7 get here!
God dam i am enjoying the game, reminds of persona4, exploring this tiny local area and gettin to know the people in it.

Let me in!!!
pQ0iMdGOm.jpg
pQ0DROjtf.jpg

Rymuth

Woke up early to get some yakuza game time in before res7 get here!
God dam i am enjoying the game, reminds of persona4, exploring this tiny local area and gettin to know the people in it.
This is why the game's not comparable to Sleepy Dogs and GTA. The locales just blur by as you drive around too fast to soak in the sights. Yakuza's focus is more intimate and personal.

DeVeAn

Yakuza 0, it's finally here. Looks great. So awesome to see Kiryu fighting sloppy compared to how he does in the other games. I'm so happy we got this and it's getting more attention. Kiwami and 6 will happen. What a time to be a Yakuza fan.

IrishNinja

Just 2 hours in i can tell that the english translation is better than ever.

"He's a, what do you call it? Fisting expert."

"...That's really not my scene."

goddamn, loving this localization

sega hi-tech land is such a better name than club sega

strong +1, would kill to see Alex Kidd show up here somehwere

Word. Remember those chase scenes in Yakuza 5? Oh God.

haha man those were so choppy! thankfully between yakuza & souls games on console i was already prepared

Let me in!!!

yeah i'd be trying to do the same thing!

Panda Rin

Was able to find the business edition here in Vietnam.

Man, I'm loving it so far. Haven't played since Yakuza 2 - missed the PS3 titles completely.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I can't believe it they haven't fixed the save system,even on PS4.

Not only does it still use the godawful ancient OS save menu, but it still needs to save the game twice and it makes you press a button to acknowledge both save files every time you save.

That is some archaic shit.

It doesnt just leave it it goes away automatically you dont have to press circle.

Nishiki: "Didn't you wanna go to HQ office?"
Me: "Just a sec, I almost had the Kyon-chan last time. Just let me put in another coin, it'll be the last one, I promise!"

haha man those were so choppy! thankfully between yakuza & souls games on console i was already prepared
Yakuza Dead Souls really prepared me for that. Compared to the final boss of that game, the chases were really smooth lol

In 20 years, son
I WANT IN NOW!

leng jai

Even though I have a ridiculous backlog I bought this anyway, $59 was a good deal. Will be my first Yakuza game and expectations are high.

Tizoc

Is that in the parking lot where there is very little space to move? If it is, its a pain unfortunately, so the best thing to do (assuming you can) at that point is to unlock any dash upgrade moves (such as being able to dash X times in a row), that certainly helped me.

Also, I forget if this actually works, but I think I might have just given up on dashing and just ran away from the enemy for most of the fight, only doing the dodge move if the enemy attacked at close quarters.

That means your right near a story objective.

Thanks, I'll get back to it post game at least.

Kard8p3

Started the game on hard, ended up going through the first chapter with no health items and man was it satisfying as fuck.

MaxiLive

Not a thing. They are staple useless item in the series.

I've found a very minor use for having one in my inventory when interacting with a certain NPC.

I put another 2 hours into it last night while streaming which was a lot of fun. A bit of interaction from some people waiting to play the game :D Chapter 3 was a bit of a slow burn in terms of interaction but I already in love with the side missions just after it.

FFFFFFUU UFO machines!!!

Holy shit at that boss fight at the end of chapter one. I'm actually glad that I played this on hard cause it made that fight much more intense and fun.

And oh God, that music. It's drilled in my head. Soooooooooo good.

Mugen08

Even though I am not able to pick up Yakuza 0 it is nice to see all the positive response. As a fan of the series since the beginning it feels like it is finally getting some well-deserved attention. Like more reviewers seem to have done by now, one really has to get past the initial chapter/s or so in order to appreciate the richness of the world of Yakuza. It always kept me more engaged than the massive open-world competitors. Oh and by the way, newcomers to the series, be careful around the Mahjong as it typically drains 10-25 hours of my playtime in the Yakuza-games. ;D

Rymuth

Holy shit at that boss fight at the end of chapter one. I'm actually glad that I played this on hard cause it made that fight much more intense and fun.

And oh God, that music. It's drilled in my head. Soooooooooo good.
Brawler made it easy but Rush made it feel more epic. All the duck and weaving. Felt like I was playing mindgames with 'im!

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Went to JBhifi and EB games and both had sold out. Good job for not ordering enough.

Uh... Just how common is the layout of Kiryu's apartment in Japan?

Either I'm crazy, or Kiryu's apartment, outside and inside, is completely identical to, well, Kiryu's apartment (From Steins;Gate).

Same stairs, same exterior, same interior, and all in the same colors.

Like, is this exact apartment layout the Dime-a-Dozen Brutalist Concrete Soviet Building of Japan?

Went to JBhifi and EB games and both had sold out. Good job for not ordering enough.

Retailers aren't exactly ecstatic for Sega games, let alone Sega games with historically weak sales.

Looks like a lot of places really lowballed the demand for this game.

It's a Sega game. Retailers and Sega have a... Complicated relationship, as a result of poor sales of Sega's entire of catalog titles (In the realm of console games) over the last decade. We should be grateful that retailers are ordering any copies at all.

Get comfy kids, because the only Sega games that are getting any more than a Xenoblade-size print run any time soon are ones with Atlus branding on them.

Brawler made it easy but Rush made it feel more epic. All the duck and weaving. Felt like I was playing mindgames with 'im!

Yeah, I used Rush and it was so damn good. Especially since I had opened that move where it lets you duck even when you are doing a combo and it was really useful in that fight.

Playing as Kiryuu using anything other than Brawler style feels weird somehow, but I've pretty much being changing up different styles for every encounter to rack up the counts.

Bishop89

i have 2 jbs about 4-5 min from each other.

The first one i went to they said they only received 2 copies.
So they directed me to Chaddy JB where they had about 12 in their shipment.

Ended up getting them to price match Target for $59.

The lady had to call to check if Target had the stock, but because she was on the phone forever waiting with no response, she pretty much said fuck it and gave it to me :)))))))

Rymuth

Playing as Kiryuu using anything other than Brawler style feels weird somehow, but I've pretty much being changing up different styles for every encounter to rack up the counts.
To be fair, even brawler feels off without his signature Square x 3, Triangle x 2 combo

So Amazon says I should get my copy by 30th. Seeing as how they usually deliver at least 2 days in advance, I guess I could get my hands on it this weekend. This is pretty darn frustrating.

IrishNinja

Yakuza Dead Souls really prepared me for that. Compared to the final boss of that game, the chases were really smooth lol

real talk, that final boss on EX-HARD or whatever my one remaining trophy is, that's the one that's stopping me...fuck those QTE penalties!

Btw, definitely start the game on hard difficulty if you are an old time Yakuza player or good/familiar with action games.

also this - even if you fail, you can restart it with full health

Holy shit this has music from Yakuza 1. I am fucking loving this so far.

wait where where
it's been forever since part 1 for me!

literally just tied this one up before bedtime (now), so glad i did! fantastic 1st chapter

I'm the other way, anything other than rush feels......off.....to me.

see i know bralwer is more his style, but i'm enjoying rush a lot more, yeah
feels way better for crowd control & certain bosses so far

okay so sadly no suntory here (never had it, meant to try it since bill murray was sellin it) but buffalo trace whiskey & coke in a classic game room mug, think i'm ready to dive in here

Suntory has become damn expensive since hipsters wised up to it (after running up the price of bourbons) and hard to find. You should try it someday; it's something special. That Toki variety in the pic is a new blend that has more of a peaty profile than the traditional Suntory blends. But it's much more affordable and available! There's several other good Japanese whiskey brands that are $40-60 a bottle though. Certainly good enough to drink with Yakuza!

Top Bottom