• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So this is seemingly reliable? Could anybody fill me in on cboats history of leaking stuff like this?

MercuryLS

Banned
It's amazing the reaction this gets when the team that made L4D1/2 is making Evolve and that got such a poor reception from GAF. You guys complain about the lack of new IP's and when a new one is announced you yawn, a sequel is announced and you go nuts. Never change.

isn't this just a presentation for Source 2.0 the last slide in that leak sure looks like it. Its talking about dev tools and stuff for the engine. Besides isnt that just levels from L4D2 redone in S2.0??

I don't understand why you guys would think otherwise?

I mean I trust CBOAT with my life but I don't see it here.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
CBOT Speculation: He works for Crytek. Likely a bad guess, but they are the only company that I know is German and could be high in the know for both the console and PC space.

Wonder when Source 2 is gonna ship. That powerpoint looks like its supposed to sell other companies on the engine.

Tagyhag

It's amazing the reaction this gets when the team that made L4D1/2 is making Evolve and that got such a poor reception from GAF. You guys complain about the lack of new IP's and when a new one is announced you yawn, a sequel is announced and you go nuts. Never change.

No sequel has been announced. This is showing off Source 2.0 with a L4D2 level.

This is probably from the presentation that they had, they were shown something that they weren't allowed to talk about, this was probably it.

A "strong history" that consists of one single game.

Valve had no involvement in the PS3 version of the Orange Box.

1. Valve only didn't because Gabe didn't like the Cell architecture
2. Gabe appeared on stage to specially announce Portal 2 PS3, basically apologizing for criticizing the console in the past
3. Valve have had no big console releases since Portal 2
4. The PS4 has been described as far easier to develop for

Unless Valve are going PC exclusive, there's no reason to think it won't be on PS4.

Gorillaz

It's more about the source engine 2.0 finally showing up and Valve has been "avoiding" a 3rd entry in it's big series

charsace

Please god let it happen. L4D was one of the best series last gen. Did a great job of telling the story through game play.

Anth0ny

CBOT Speculation: He works for Crytek. Likely a bad guess, but they are the only company that I know is German and could be high in the know for both the console and PC space.

he most definitely just changed the language/region to german to throw us all off lol

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh God. OH MAN. Hype rising.

CBOAT, if you have anything that starts with H and ends with Life 3 PLEASE POST.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It looks like a pretty standard GDC type presentation.

Given they just gave out L4D2 for free, they will presumably be talking about how they went about making Source 2 at conferences a la most companies once L4D3 is unveiled.
Yeah, this seems like just some example things. There are many sources talking up L4D3, so I have no doubt it is a thing. Just unconvinced this is necessarily related to that.

injurai

Banned

The reason L4D2 came out a year after the first is because that was a primarily Valve Proper spearheaded project to bolster every aspect of the IP while it was still red hot. Both games heavily had Valve involved, but especially the second one.

Turtle Rock still is a good dev, but that game is unproven. L4D is 2 games deep into an awesome formula and the changes mentioned in Evolve don't inspire confidence as they throw out mechanics that I loved.

sflufan

Banned
C'mon guys: this "confirms" nothing other than the existence of Source 2.0.

That's it! Period!

Sorry, CBOAT, but this ain't exactly one of your more "earth shattering" reveals ;p

oti

Banned
So.... CBOAT is like the Justin Bieber of NeoGAF, judging by this thread. He/She speaks, everyone loses their mind. It's fun being here. :)

injurai

Banned

Wonder when Source 2 is gonna ship. That powerpoint looks like its supposed to sell other companies on the engine.

Companies from all over the world have German offices...

Zabant

Can we stop trying to close in on Cboat's location, and by extension who he is?

The higher the chance he has to be found, the less chance he will want to share more info with us.

He's risking getting sued to shit and losing his job for us.

Sciz

isn't this just a presentation for Source 2.0 the last slide in that leak sure looks like it. Its talking about dev tools and stuff for the engine. Besides isnt that just levels from L4D2 redone in S2.0??

I don't understand why you guys would think otherwise?

I mean I trust CBOAT with my life but I don't see it here.

Yeah, seems that way. We already know L4D3 exists, but I'd imagine this is one of their internal test environments for Source 2 first and foremost. Might show up in a game as bonus content later.

char0n

Not to question the mighty buttocks, but it looks more like the standard "look what we can do better now with our new engine using a former well known showcase area" type of deal you almost always see as part of a new engine tech demo rather than "shots from the sequel". I'd also think that a proper L4D3 indicator would be a new level/character since I'm not sure they're that lazy yet with the series to give it the CS:S treatment. Maybe this is Left4Dead2.0 (L4D2 on source 2.0)? That's two 2s, no 3 in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom