• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Hey, guys, what Pokemon is this?

http://youtu.be/VzO6J981nAw?t=8m22s

Mienfoo

mienfoo.jpg

GamerSoul

PSY・S;46219779 said:
This is a great concept:
"I read somewhere that Fennekin is a noble lady, Froakie is a sneaky thief and Chespin is a knight, so I wanted to go with that idea for my evolutions. I considered giving him a quill sword but that was too similar to oshawott so I gave him leaf arm shields instead. This'll probably get scrapped later, so enjoy it while its here."

Awesome! I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting a bit of a squire-ish, knight, or something feel to chespin. I honestly wouldn't mind if he was similar to Oshawott in that matter.

gosox333

More random thoughts

- They took the "versions" out of the titles. Wonder if that means anything?

- I'm willing to bet we'll see some sort of fusion mechanic. They already opened that can of worms in B/W 2, and the titles/logos point towards DNA and gentetics being prevalent.

- PokeFrance sounds pretty cool. Looks like they reset the route system again. I wonder if that's just the new standard, or if PokeFrance is far away from the other regions like Unova was?

- I hope the music in the trailer points to an orchestra based soundfont. B/W's first trailer definitely used the in-game Pokemon theme, so it's looking like this is the case.

- Gyms are back, I saw the symbol that the B/W gyms used in the trailer for just a second. Don't think anybody doubted this, but there's confirmation anyway.

- I don't care if the overworld has jaggies, I don't care about FPS, just give me the smooth fluid battles from B/W. If they're anything slower than that, I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

-The over 700 Pokemon thing could mean anything. They said over 600 for B/W and we got 649, they said over 400 for D/P and we got 493. Don't get too freaked out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Play Pokemon every day, or your Pokemon will be weak sauce and you will be crushed by even the likes of Youngster Joey.

I will anyway. His Rattata is too awesome. :p

Play Pokemon every day, or your Pokemon will be weak sauce and you will be crushed by even the likes of Youngster Joey.

More random thoughts

- They took the "versions" out of the titles. Wonder if that means anything?

- I'm willing to bet we'll see some sort of fusion mechanic. They already opened that can of worms in B/W 2, and the titles/logos point towards DNA and gentetics being prevalent.

I suspected same thing. I was wondering if we are getting Pokemon Reburst mechanic or we can capture genetically engineered pokemons or fusion pokemon.

- PokeFrance sounds pretty cool. Looks like they reset the route system again. I wonder if that's just the new standard, or if PokeFrance is far away from the other regions like Unova was?
- Gyms are back, I saw the symbol that the B/W gyms used in the trailer for just a second. Don't think anybody doubted this, but there's confirmation anyway.

Where did you see gyms? Yeah, I called that it is going to happen in europe in beginning of the announcement (or after the announcement.) I saw Paris tower in the trailer.

-The over 700 Pokemon thing could mean anything. They said over 600 for B/W and we got 649, they said over 400 for D/P and we got 493. Don't get too freaked out.

Exactly.

Anuxinamoon

Shaper Divine
Mienshao + Regenerator = annoying missiles

Erm what?

So you want them to have all same eyes?

no, its just the eye whites and the irises, details that make them seem more alluring get diminished as the years went on.

Could be why so many connect with the older starters better

To be fair, the art used for the Gen III, IV, and V Starters in that pic aren't the basic Sugimori Stock Art, they're actually the updated, "dynamic" poses he produced for Emerald/Platinum/B2W2, so the coloring was a bit more dynamic as well iirc.

If you want to compare by their original art:

XuUkz.png

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mienshao + Regenerator = annoying missiles

It's great in doubles because everyone figures you're going to be running Inner Focus and you can get away with running Regenerator most of the time. The times where they figure out you don't have Inner Focus is because they've never seen a Mienshao in competitive play before. :p

Where did you see gyms? Yeah, I called that it is going to happen in europe in beginning of the announcement (or after the announcement.) I saw Paris tower in the trailer.

Pretty sure the web room (with the spheres that fall) and the room that reassembles itself are gyms. The latter definitely featured the BW Gym symbol.

RedSwirl

*The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.

Phantoms invading your game and challenging you to battles confirmed.

Gravijah

- I hope the music in the trailer points to an orchestra based soundfont. B/W's first trailer definitely used the in-game Pokemon theme, so it's looking like this is the case.

Please, no. One of my favorite thing about the games from GBA onward is the very electronic based soundfonts, with strong strong synths. BW & B2W2 especially are the best we've gotten so far. I'd like to see them keep improving, and Masudas biggest musical influences are electronic music & rock.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You guys reckon they'll announce the region name in Coro-Coro?

no, its just the eye whites and the irises, details that make them seem more alluring get diminished as the years went on.

I disagree, if anything it's a good thing they mixed the eyes. You speak as though all new gens have dot eyes when that's not the case.

They kinda already do.

Not at all. Chespin has the dot eyes, Fennekin has the pupils and iris one, and Froakie has the "weird" eyes style

It's great in doubles because everyone figures you're going to be running Inner Focus and you can get away with running Regenerator most of the time. The times where they figure out you don't have Inner Focus is because they've never seen a Mienshao in competitive play before. :p

U Turn Regenerator Mienshao is really annoying.

Please, no. One of my favorite thing about the games from GBA onward is the very electronic based soundfonts, with strong strong synths. BW & B2W2 especially are the best we've gotten so far. I'd like to see them keep improving, and Masudas biggest musical influences are electronic music & rock.

And here I was about to say you liked Hoenn because Trumpets :p

Im not sure what you're talking about. Charmander and squirtle have identical eyes recolored. Chikorita and totodile have identical eyes too. I think offering new and different eyes are better and help suit the pokemon's design/personality. I couldnt imagine piplup or torchic looking good with gen 1 like eyes. Fennekin has gen 1 like eye style, froakie has amphibian eyes like treeko and turtwig and chesnip has black beady eyes like torchic, piplup and oshawot.

Feels like the time to share a random story. I beat Pokemon White in one of the cheapest manners possible. I had so many revives that at some point, the opponent started using struggle. I laughed, then proceeded to destroy the rest of the team.

gosox333

You might be out of luck. D/P's first trailer used the in game Pokemon theme as well.

1357708097419.png

Guess the B/W logo is the new standard.

Grakl

Feels like the time to share a random story. I beat Pokemon White in one of the cheapest manners possible. I had so many revives that at some point, the opponent started using struggle. I laughed, then proceeded to destroy the rest of the team.

I have so much money in B2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom