• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX coming to PS3 (2013) and KH Browser game for PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinta

Banned
Well this is a good sign. Might we actually get some other unexpected announcements?

I'll definitely pick this up. Been wanting to replay these.

Seda

I played KH2 and I didn't really like it. Is KH1 any better? Not sure if I'll even rent this, people sometimes say KH is like Demon's Souls, but besides the targeting system, that's not true at all.

There's a pretty divisive split between the two games in terms of popular opinion it seems. KH1 is slower, but less button mashy. Worse camera. Plot hadn't gone off the total deep end yet either.

Exentryk

Oh common. Does that mean we'll end up waiting for localisation for these games too now?

Pile 'em up behind Type-0 and Bravely Default and FFX-HD. We're never gonna get any games, are we?

Simousse

Neo Member
Should be something in term of rights with Nintendo. I mean, they cannot put the cutscenes from 358/2 because they WANT it. I think they just can't port the game on a Sony plateform.

That is why 2.5 will be KH II, BBS and cutscenes from DDD and Coded.

Kisaya

I wouldn't say she's the only reason why. Thankfully, she's pretty forgettable.

Not very forgettable unfortunately considering
we've seen her in every other game released. I heard she even appeared in Dream Drop Distance
=_=

This is awesome. Except that a year from now, when TGS 2013 rolls around, the only thing we'll have heard about KH 1.5 is this announcement. Gonna try and keep my hype to a minimum and just wait to hear more about FFX HD.

I'm a bit surprised that they're not talking about doing a Vita version like w/X HD as well...actually, after seeing the Vita's first year-ish of sales, I guess maybe I'm not. :-(

The KH story goes to shit already in the first game, so I really wouldn't recommend anyone to pay much attention to the story :p
I wouldn't say that.

It does dip its toes into crazy at the very end, but it's slightly a charming crazy since it's only a small amount and being in contrast to the rest of the game being pretty chipper. I am actually in love with how KH1 approaches its crazy.

acevans2

I'm more interested in getting to play the spin-off games, but Hell yeah!

A rumor about something like this came up around E3 and I figured it was complete bullshit. Looking forward to this and the second remix with KH2, Re:Coded, and maybe BBS?

Meelow

Banned
Should be something in term of rights with Nintendo. I mean, they cannot put the cutscenes from 358/2 because they WANT it. I think they just can't port the game on a Sony plateform.

I have a feeling it will come to Wii U but they will announce it at a later date.

Seda

Kingdom Hearts 1 plot goes to about the same level of crazy that most Final Fantasy games do. Only after that does it jump into a new level of crazy that only few games can compare.

Vamphuntr

Or maybe they just know 358/2 is a bad game and simply wants to put the cutscenes in for people that enjoy the story. 358/2 had a huge emphasis on multiplayer too so they probably didn't want to code a multiplayer mode through PSN for it.

Berordn

Or maybe they just know 358/2 is a bad game and simply wants to put the cutscenes in for people that enjoy the story. 358/2 had a huge emphasis on multiplayer too so they probably didn't want to code a multiplayer mode through PSN for it.

Most of those cutscenes were from KH2:FM+ anyway, so it's not like they did any real work on it. All of them use the PS2 assets so that's easy enough to slap in there.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
I wouldn't say that.

It does dip its toes into crazy at the very end, but it's slightly a charming crazy since it's only a small amount and being in contrast to the rest of the game being pretty chipper. I am actually in love with how KH1 approaches its crazy.

I enjoyed KH1 immensely, but towards the end of the game I frankly had no idea what was going on. Who is Ansem? Why does he want Kingdom Hearts? What is Kingdom Hearts really? Why is Kingdom Hearts a heart-shaped moon? It's not as bad as KH2 though, as that game just took the plot and threw it straight into shit territory.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Nintendo doesn't own the rights to KH.

raven777

I think its because if they bring 358/2 to PS3, they would have to remake the game like Re:CoM, and they are lazy to do it. They probably have hi-res source for cut scenes, so they can just put them.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Not very forgettable unfortunately considering
we've seen her in every other game released. I heard she even appeared in Dream Drop Distance
=_=

She wasn't present or pivotal in any of the games between Days and Dream Drop Distance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom