• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime Mafia |OT| My Little Scum can't be this cute! ()

cabot

That I am not nor am I doing that. Wanted to know what Palmer's stance was on lynching neutrals to consider how likely it was for him to change his vote for me today.

seems odd....

01. [m] oreomunsta - Not sure
03. [it] hatmoza - Maybe scum
04. [f] hey_monkey - Scum
05. [m] rac - Maybe scum
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - Not sure
07. [m] Poltergust - Maybe scum
08. [m] Bowlie --> [m] flatearthpandas - Scum
11. [m] ultron87 - Probably Town
12. [m] cabot - Probably town
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - znot sure
15. [m] Cewyn - Not sure
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - Not sure
17. [m] Haly - EST ---> Blargonaut [m] - Maybe scum
18. [m] squidyj - Maybe Scum
19. [m] TheExodu5 - Not sure
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - Maybe scum
21. [f] Swamped - Probably town
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Maybe scum
23. [m] Kyanrute - Not sure

Bad news is that by my count, we have 9 scum. GG

9 scum reads, you're a not sure so at least 10th in the list.

Why does palmer matter?

Kyanrute

If I am a lynch candidate and none of Palmer's suspects make it to the end, Palmer will switch his vote to me. Now I know this. Before asking I did not.

And why this matters? Claiming, counting votes, reading the air. Want to know where people stand so I can more accurately evaluate the need for a claim.

01. [m] oreomunsta - Not sure
03. [it] hatmoza - Maybe scum
04. [f] hey_monkey - Scum
05. [m] rac - Maybe scum
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - Not sure
07. [m] Poltergust - Maybe scum
08. [m] Bowlie --> [m] flatearthpandas - Scum
11. [m] ultron87 - Probably Town
12. [m] cabot - Probably town
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - znot sure
15. [m] Cewyn - Not sure
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - Not sure
17. [m] Haly - EST ---> Blargonaut [m] - Maybe scum
18. [m] squidyj - Maybe Scum
19. [m] TheExodu5 - Not sure
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - Maybe scum
21. [f] Swamped - Probably town
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - Maybe scum
23. [m] Kyanrute - Not sure

Bad news is that by my count, we have 9 scum. GG

9 scums? We are screwed...

TheExodu5

Banned
01. [m] oreomunsta - ??
03. [it] hatmoza - ??
04. [f] hey_monkey - tons of reads, good participation. gives me a good feeling. reads are very close to my own. town.
05. [m] rac - possible scum. definition of coasting.
06. [m] 30yearsofhurt - ??
07. [m] Poltergust - newbie town. Plays a lot like my first town game.
08. [m] flatearthpandas - ??
10. [m] Palmer_v1 - leaning town. strong opinions, but odd reads
11. [m] ultron87 - scum. answered questions about his claim, but hasn't contributed otherwise. not actively hunting scum.
12. [m] cabot - possible scum. trying to drive and deflect discussion. not super comfortable with him in a leadership role.
14. [m] Dusk Soldier - town/neutral? I'd like to hear more what he was trying to accomplish with the hidden chat talk.
15. [m] Cewyn - ??
16. [m] BlackBuzzard - ??
17. [m] Blargonaut - ??
18. [m] squidyj - unsure...day 1 read as a scum gambit to me, and we're often too quick to dismiss gambits. But I'm liking his day 2 a lot.
20. [f] WhereAreMahDragonz - neutral/scum. tunelling hard on monkey. I think her reasoning holds no water whatsoever.
21. [f] Swamped - strong town day 1....hasn't done much day 2.
22. [m] StanleyPalmtree - ??
23. [m] Kyanrute - the fuck if I know anymore.

Lots of players I haven't really noticed much....hard to look up post histories on mobile though so I'm putting down what I can off the top of my head.

Going over my reads list I feel more uneasy about some of the other players than I do kyan after the last page, namely:

cabot
WMD
ultron

seems odd....

9 scum reads, you're a not sure so at least 10th in the list.

Why does palmer matter?

9-shot JOAT*, eh, Palmer? 9 different layers of -proof? Nine Circles of Hello Kitty in Palmer's Sanrio, is it? Dog, Doraemon, Dograemon? Pets, pest. Pesto. Garlic. Garfield. "Arf." The breadcrumbs, Palmer. They belong to me now.

*NOTE: JOAT means "Jack-of-All-Trades", a Power Role that has multiple, different types of 1-shot use Powers at their disposal

Swamped

Banned
All this back-and-forth about fluff or whatever is so boring. Everyone needs to take a better look at Squishy and vote him. Is it time to bring back the Alliance...?

a1c34f359837c5a29a711c1ae4b67071a9f8d094_hq.gif

PALMER (already voting)
ULTRON
DRAGONZ
MONKEY
HATMONZA
RAC
DUSK SOLDIER
CABOT

You all have been picked as the CHOSEN ONES. Now, you must vote for Squiggly with me.

cabot

All this back-and-forth about fluff or whatever is so boring. Everyone needs to take a better look at Squishy and vote him. Is it time to bring back the Alliance...?

PALMER (already voting)
ULTRON
DRAGONZ
MONKEY
HATMONZA
RAC
DUSK SOLDIER
CABOT

You all have been picked as the CHOSEN ONES. Now, you must vote for Squiggly with me.

We shall AWAIT

VOTE: 30yearsofhurt

Can we get something from you please, it's not been a quiet day.

Top 3 scum

Sorry for not posting everybody but I'm back home and amongst the land of the living.

My top 3?
Hmmm...
The Zubz lynch saw a bunch of people pile in.
From the looks of it a couple were trying to save themselves.
Kyan and Haly didn't need to.
So Kyan and Blarg(?) would be my top two picks.

But at this stage the job of scum is to act like town. So it may be you.
I really need to read the last 9 pages (450+ posts).

rac tho? You know, I run Werewolf every semester for my students. We use it to discuss argument and so we deconstruct the games after and the quiet ones are almost always scum. The ones who drop in a little. Just a little. But mostly they watch.

I think that's rac. I think that's a simple strategy for a new online player.

I am not against votes for ol' Squidly. But what about rac here, there, and everywhere?

squidyj

PALMER (already voting)
ULTRON
DRAGONZ
MONKEY
HATMONZA
RAC
DUSK SOLDIER
CABOT

please continue to rally the world's dumbest train.

squidyj

Here's what I find interesting about stan, as soon as he's pressured he pops up a reads list and it really seems like nobody cared about what he was doing until I brought it up.

If Stan was town do you really think the entire scum team would just let him be that inactive without comment? It seems like an easy way for them to participate in discussion.

Here's what I find interesting about stan, as soon as he's pressured he pops up a reads list and it really seems like nobody cared about what he was doing until I brought it up.

If Stan was town do you really think the entire scum team would just let him be that inactive without comment? It seems like an easy way for them to participate in discussion.

Is Stan a kiwi?
Definite scum then /jk

Kyanrute

scum would comment on stan, says squid

squid comments on stan

hmmm

rac

Banned
rac tho? You know, I run Werewolf every semester for my students. We use it to discuss argument and so we deconstruct the games after and the quiet ones are almost always scum. The ones who drop in a little. Just a little. But mostly they watch.

I think that's rac. I think that's a simple strategy for a new online player.

I am not against votes for ol' Squidly. But what about rac here, there, and everywhere?

you say that but then not 5 minutes later...

Oh hell. Why not follow that thread and see what it inspires?

squidyj

PALMER (already voting)
ULTRON
DRAGONZ
MONKEY
HATMONZA
RAC
DUSK SOLDIER
CABOT

But why, Swamped-chan?

TheExodu5

Banned
Aside from squidy's cop claim, why are you voting for him? I've seen nothing but good posts from him D2.

rac and ultron on the other hand have contributed nothing. I'd sooner take a hard look at the players that are coasting rather than actively scum hunting.

TheExodu5

Banned
On that note, I want to hear more from:

oreo
hatmoza
fep
cewyn
bb
blarg (you've posted nothing of substance so far, as per your usual MO)

rac

Banned
everybody's gotta start somewhere

30yearsofhurt - didn't like how he was throwing his vote around on d1, then ultimately goes for a no lynch
probably would have kept my vote on him if it wasn't for polt

hey_monkey - i think its interesting that you're the only one who voted for squidyj after swamped post, do you think anyone else will?

Poltergust - the idea that poltergust and kyan is forced and i dont buy anything he does
Kyanrute - neutral, i dont think he is anti-town at least

obviously im not very confident in most of my reads or i would have posted more of them and sooner

hey_monkey - i think its interesting that you're the only one who voted for squidyj after swamped post, do you think anyone else will?
Dunno. Lean toward nah. Even if squidy's something it might be more productive to save him for tomorrow in some ways - biggest being I don't think he can get away with his cop claim for another day without producing something. He keeps calling it. But it's an interesting call for a train, no? Sometimes you gotta sightsee.

Also, rac - silence may suit you, but it doesn't suit town. If you're with us, it's probably better to get in there a little more. We don't need to lose town for inactivity.

Aside from squidy's cop claim, why are you voting for him? I've seen nothing but good posts from him D2.

rac and ultron on the other hand have contributed nothing. I'd sooner take a hard look at the players that are coasting rather than actively scum hunting.

I don't think you're wrong about suspicions on those two. But:

Why just Stanley Palmtree here? There's a lot of inactives. Unless they're all scum and we're all just barking up wacky trees. Anyway, he bangs the Stanley drum a few times but says it's hard to get a read because inactive. Did he copcheck Stan? Is the cop thing a front? Did he copcheck Kyan and that's why he said Kyan should be a policy lynch? The problem with Squidy is that he's productive-ish but what's he doing? Is he scum-hunting?

I don't think this will be my last vote today, but I don't know yet where my final vote will go. But we need to make some more things happen.

squidyj

Why just Stanley Palmtree here? There's a lot of inactives. Unless they're all scum and we're all just barking up wacky trees. Anyway, he bangs the Stanley drum a few times but says it's hard to get a read because inactive. Did he copcheck Stan? Is the cop thing a front? Did he copcheck Kyan and that's why he said Kyan should be a policy lynch? The problem with Squidy is that he's productive-ish but what's he doing? Is he scum-hunting?

I don't think this will be my last vote today, but I don't know yet where my final vote will go. But we need to make some more things happen.

Which inactive had been less pressured than stan?

So, I'm sorry. I know mechanics questions can be distracting. But I keep thinking about the idea of scum chat and timing. The way some people come into the thread at really idea times. Maybe they're lurking. Maybe they're in scum chat. This is another thing I haven't experienced before and it's making me kind of paranoid that they could be talking about us now. That there are moves in play that we can't see - since I'm only used to face to face, I'm only used to moves I can see.

So if I'm throwing some things out or being wishy-washy, it's because I am trying to figure out my best scum-hunting tactics in this environment.

Which inactive had been less pressured than stan?

No, I think you're right - he'd been pressured less. Didn't say you weren't right. I think there was some leeway mentioned for him because timezone? But I don't know how to feel about that.

So let me ask you - all the inactives aside, and knowing what you said about Kyan - what else are you willing to drop right now?

Sorry, haven't been too active on D2 guys :( let's see if I can change that today!

i guess playing silent just suits me

ill post a reads list when i get home

Don't be quiet, rac. It doesn't help out Town, in the long run if you stay in the shadows. We just lost a few pretty active members, and that can open up a vacuum for scum to capitalize on

Shit fuck balls god dammit motherfucking turd sandwich on a platter ashdgdhhdsznxblazmslcbdkkszmjdnsmdjxksjxkaxkddjdgamdbdmbdlsmdnnfnf

Ok. But why, though?

maybe ‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

Thanks monkey for keeping the kawaii moji spirit! *°` c( ^×^)d °*•

Quick mechanics question that might be obvious, but I'd feel better clarifying:

Do the replacements take over from those who dropped out? Alignment, role, and power?

squidyj

No, I think you're right - he'd been pressured less. Didn't say you weren't right. I think there was some leeway mentioned for him because timezone? But I don't know how to feel about that.

So let me ask you - all the inactives aside, and knowing what you said about Kyan - what else are you willing to drop right now?

1. These last 5 lbs
2. The first 50 lbs
3. A Motherfucker
4. Bombs

I'm not actually sure what you mean by drop here.

おはようございます!自己紹介します!
フェプスです。29歳です。趣味はファションとか映画とかアニメとか悪人を探すこととか…

Yo, still getting caught up on the thread. Just a few pages in but hoping to be good to go today

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kyanrute (4)
TheExodu5 1066
Poltergust 1074
Dusk Soldier 1225
Blargonaut 1317

squidyj (4)
Swamped 1152
Palmer_v1 1323
ultron87 1333
hey_monkey 1414

30yearsofhurt (1)
cabot 1271

hey_monkey (1)
Swamped 1105 1152
WhereAreMahDragonz 1182
Palmer_v1 1245 1323

Blargonaut (1)
Kyanrute 1316

StanleyPalmtree (1)
squidyj 1267

ultron87 (0): squidyj 1041 1242

BlackBuzzard (0): cabot 1052 1271

Bowlie (0): Palmer_v1 1088 1235

WhereAreMahDragonz (0): squidyj 1242 1267, hey_monkey 1252 1412

Poltergust (0): hey_monkey 1043 1252

Swamped (0): cabot 1042 1052

No active vote for Day 2: 30yearsofhurt, BlackBuzzard, Cewyn, flatearthpandas, hatmoza, oreomunsta, rac, StanleyPalmtree

Day 2 Postcount: 30yearsofhurt 4, BlackBuzzard 12, Blargonaut 21, cabot 74, Cewyn 5, Dusk Soldier 17, flatearthpandas 1, hatmoza 10, hey_monkey 56, Kyanrute 47, oreomunsta 9, Palmer_v1 26, Poltergust 18, rac 11, squidyj 21, StanleyPalmtree 5, Swamped 10, TheExodu5 28, ultron87 9, WhereAreMahDragonz 22

Day 2 ends:
cya_1493326800.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

RetroMG

May I have your attention, please.

Due to a high number of sub requests, we are nearing the end of our list of game substitutes. We would like to ask you to please think very carefully before asking to be replaced in a game. We understand that there are many reasons why someone would need to drop out of a game, but we are reaching the limits of how many people we can replace.

Additionally, we would like to encourage all players to consider joining the replacement list if and when they die, so that we can replenish our substitute list. If, after a time, we decide more subs will not be needed, we can then send you on to the dead thread.

Thank you.

Just for reference, at this time we have four replacements left, some of whom are already being contacted to join games.

Of course you are

and just what is this supposed to mean? hmmmmmmmmm?

Is Stan a kiwi?
Definite scum then /jk

oh your one of them bloody pavlova thieves aint ya?

no wonder iv been thinking your scum.

scum would comment on stan, says squid

squid comments on stan

hmmm

i wont lie, this got a sensible chuckle outa me.

semi related, i dont think squidy is scum, not yet at least. this all feels much too low effort to be a scum squidy.

TheExodu5

Banned
Not really feeling kyan anymore. Still suspicious, but he's contributing to the point where I think ultron is a far better scum candidate at this point.

Ultron has reinforced his claim, but has done absolutely nothing else day 2. He isn't scum hunting at all and is happy just coasting along as long as he's not on the chopping block. So let's put the pressure back on.

Vote: ultron87

Top Bottom