• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe you could get those same speeds if you stopped spending hundreds of dollars to listen to a recording of lauryn hill's greatest hits in the rain

You want to put something in my bank account so I can move somewhere with fiber cables go right ahead. Unfortunately... I have to live with trash speeds

Shy

Watching Steptoe and Son, the show Sanford and Son was based on.

Man they were assholes, the son was just a sad sack and the father was borderline evil.
LOL. Yep.

And i'm old enough to remember when real Rag-and-Bone men were on road.

Speaking of US show that are based originally on UK ones.

You guys should watch some clips of a show called Till Death Us Do part. (What All In The Family is based on)
Specifically for the Character called Alf Garnett (who Archie Bunker is based) And unlike the US version the racism isn't softened.

Here are some clips for you to see for yourselves.

Slayven

LOL. Yep.

You guys should watch some clips of a show called Till Death Us Do part. (What All In The Family is based on)
Specifically for the Character called Alf Garnett (who Archie Bunker is based) And unlike the US version the racism isn't softened.

Skimmed, the black dude is hilarious and I want to punch the son. They really soften the characters for the American versions.

D i Z

Kick the furthest of rocks

I like what you're doing here. Probably my first laugh of the day.

Injustice 2 is more fun than I thought it would be.

LOL. Yep.

You're giving me flashbacks right now.

Shy

Skimmed, the black dude is hilarious and I want to punch the son. They really soften the characters for the American versions.
A lot of UK shows back in the day were like that, where the jokes was that people of colour exist.

For example look up, Love They Neighbour.

Also as see from that Youtube search. You'll see the joke went from racist old cunt, who is stuck in the past, to right wing totem. As it were.
You're giving me flashbacks right now.
LOL. Sorry my fam.

Merc_

zxb2GGW.gif

The fuck is this? Black folk are still going to participate in being used like this?

D i Z

A lot of UK shows back in the day were like that, where the jokes was that people of colour exist.

For example look up, Love They Neighbour.

Also as see from that Youtube search. You'll see the joke went from racist old cunt, who is stuck in the past, to right wing totem. As it were.

LOL. Sorry my fam.

In Sickness and in Health was something special. That's for sure.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
He is like a likable Aziz Asari.

I like Aziz, but i hate him at the same time. So i am neutral on him.

Holy shit I think I just bonded with you, Slay.

Sup, strangers. I'm feeling like that family member that only lives four miles away, but never comes to ANY functions.

But is quick to call cuz he has money problems.

Any of yall let me hold onto 20?

G........ GORDON!!!!!!!!!!

I tought you got the b& hammer for don't know how much.

Mostly good, can't really complaint much, family is doing fine, i'm doing ok'ish.
Thanks for asking. How 'bout you?

Estoy aqui para usted, hermano. Gotta celebrate a good thing, no? 😉

Welcome back, Gordon.

Watching Steptoe and Son, the show Sanford and Son was based on.

Man they were assholes, the son was just a sad sack and the father was borderline evil.

I still need to check that out. Been told to watch it by every British dude I've ever met.

Also Father Ted. The word "feck" has been stuck in the back of my head since I was like 14.

LOL. Yep.

Wow, never knew about this one.

Johndoey

Banned
After Manchester Attack, Britain Looks at New Ways to Curb Extremism

As TIME reported this week, experts believe Britain is unlikely to strengthen its anti-terrorism legislation in the wake of the Manchester attack. David Anderson, the former independent reviewer of terrorism legislation, said police and intelligence agencies are broadly happy with the extremely robust laws they have in place – which Anderson says are "very strong by international standards." Prime Minister Theresa May promised there would be no "knee-jerk style" crackdown on security. The current "critical" threat level is expected to be a temporary measure.
But if the Conservative Party wins the June 8 election, it could decide to renew its legal attempts to make extremism an offense. In its manifesto is a promise to create a ”Commission for Countering Extremism" that would help the government ”consider what new criminal offenses might need to be created, and what new aggravated offenses might need to be established to defeat the extremists."
This, says Anderson, could lead to a "watered-down version" of a controversial Counter-Extremism Bill introduced by May when she was Home Secretary, the government minister who oversees national security. The bill was introduced in 2015 in response to the hundreds of British nationals flocking to Syria and Iraq to join ISIS, but never became law.

Beyond the challenge of defining exactly what extremism is, there is the issue of ensuring communities across Britain buy into attempts to police people's behavior and language. The controversy surrounding the Prevent program, a central plank of Britain's strategy to defeat extremism, offers a case in point.
The controversial program began in response to the al-Qaeda inspired July 7, 2005, London bombings. Prevent offers training, advice, funding and support to communities and the public sector to weed out extremism in person and online, and since 2015, it has placed a legal obligation on public sector workers — including teachers and doctors — to report at-risk individuals before they are tempted to turn to violence. Once identified, the individuals are then referred to Prevent's anti-radicalization scheme, known as Channel, where they will receive counseling and mentoring.
---
Texas Police Chief Under Investigation for Arresting Black Pageant Winner and Allegedly Calling Her ‘Black Bitch'

Carmen S. Ponder, Miss Black Texas U.S. Ambassador 2016 and an intern with the Hunt County, Texas, District Attorney's Office, is fighting for police accountability and justice after Commerce, Texas, Police Chief Kerry Crews reportedly called her a ”black bitch" and then forced her to spend a night in jail.
The incident, which took place May 20, began when Ponder found herself traveling behind a dangerous driver. Acting as any responsible driver would, Ponder signaled, maneuvered around the driver and continued traveling to her destination.

The driver—who had abruptly stopped several times, drifted in and out of lanes, and accelerated suddenly with no provocation, according to Ponder's attorney, Lee Merritt—turned out to be Crews' 14-year-old daughter.
Merritt explained what happened next in a Facebook post:
Carmen politely signaled and went around the sporadic driver. She found a parking space, gathered her belongings and prepared to make a quick run into Walmart but she was stopped. The same car found her in the parking lot and began berating her with profanity demanding to know why she maneuvered past the vehicle. The psychopath accosting her was police Chief Crews, who was (illegally) giving his 14 y/o driving lessons. Ever dignified and composed, Carmen ignored the tirade and continued into the store. Not use to being ignored, Crews continued ”Whatever you Black Bitch!"

Beefy

I've not heard Baggamanz before. Is that something new the kids use ?

What about Wastemanz do people still use that ?
Baggamanz = loads of people, or lots etc.

Wasteman isn't used that much, just by white dudes these days.
------------

Afternoon BCT

Johndoey

Banned
I was more interested when I thought the group would be more in-line with a white supremacist militia and not just evil doomsday cult. Whatever these games are always good for at least 20-25 hours of entertainment. Hopefully they support the Map Creation better than they did with Far Cry 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom