• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Luneth, particularly if you have his BSB, is such an absurdly good character that it doesn't seem fair. I have him at level 99 and he is just crazy.

I have Alph's BSB too but I haven't really played with him much.

Yup! En-Wind Luneth can do brutal damage. Especially using Sky High against enemies with natural Wind Weakness or Imperil.

I haven't completed any of the Torment dungeons yet, but I dominate all other non-CM content in the game juggling between 4 main teams right now:

Mages
Onion - MAG/ATK/Hastega BSB
Alphinaud - EnWind BSB
Papalymo - MAG/Hastega SSB
Keeper - Wall
Vanille - BSB Instant Medica
RW Cid Raines BSB

This is my current favorite, due to having three characters DPSing with Instant Cast MAG 4-Hit commands and 3 Faithgas. It's also fairly safe having Wall, Pro/Shellga (Papal carries one, Vanille the other), FB+BD (Support or Dances) and Vanille's BSB.

Holy
Orlandeau - OSB
Beatrix - Imperil Holy BSB
Keeper - BSB
RW Wall

This is my most balanced team when it comes to Damage and Safety. Battleflow is LS up the gauges on Orlandeau and Beatrix and then bring the pain with crazy burst damage. This is great for dungeons, where they can LS the grunt waves and unload 3 gauges of SBs on the boss stage. On safety side, RW Wall allows me to focus on keeping Keeper's BSB up. This gives extra layers of mitigation (Wall, Pro/Shellga & FB/BD + BSB Commands & Magic Blink) so the danger level is typically low while charging SB bars.

Water
Yuffie - EnWater BSB
Rikku - Imperil Water BSB
Keeper - BSB
RW Wall

This team is still just as safe and even has a self-healer via Thief's Revenge. However, it loses out on the burst power and it takes a bit to get rolling. What sucks is that neither lady has access to 5* Water abilities (only Sharpshooter 4, :( ) or gauge builders (LS/Wrath). However, the damage is fairly consistent via the burst commands once both have their BSBs up.

EnWater SSB Paine is pretty strong too, so sometimes she takes Yuffie's spot. Paine won't have any BSB commands, but she can wield Twin Water Spellblade and LS her way to meters so it balances out.

Wind
Luneth - EnWind BSB
Alphinaud - EnWind BSB
Keeper - Wall
RW Zack BSB

This team loses the mitigation provided by Keeper's BSB but has super strong burst due to Sky High on Luneth and Meltdown on Alphinaud. During the early portion of the battle, Luneth does most of the heavy lifting, but when Alphinaud gets his BSB up the damage level sky rockets.

About this: If you manage to get Fang's BSB, it gives Endanger: Wind, so that can up the damage even more, too.

That's why I mentioned Zack's BSB. It also has Imperil Wind.

However, the more I analyze the situation the harder I find it wise to rely on Alph using both his SSB and BSB in a battle. It can work with a support unit acting as an SB gauge battery but that's not something I can do.

If DMT/MM is used to start the battle with Deployment Tactics, then that means he's relying on normal SB gain from the abilities. The team would pretty much have to burst down the boss before the T1 Deployment Tactics cast runs out. I just can't see Alph getting enough gauge by himself to sustain keeping both his buff and his burst active. It will take a while to get his BSB up and by the time that happens, the buff will likely be gone or about to run out.

friz898

Where do you guys rank the difficulty of Mote dungeons in relevance to Nightmare, Torment, and/or doing a raid solo.

I know that everything but Mote has a difficulty, but I figure with power creep it may be somewhat off.

I asked something similar to this a couple weeks ago, but no reply. I'm trying to figure out what I may be able to do easily without spending 30mins setting up a team and then actually doing the fight only to die.

Syntsui

Where do you guys rank the difficulty of Mote dungeons in relevance to Nightmare, Torment, and/or doing a raid solo.

I know that everything but Mote has a difficulty, but I figure with power creep it may be somewhat off.

I asked something similar to this a couple weeks ago, but no reply. I'm trying to figure out what I may be able to do easily without spending 30mins setting up a team and then actually doing the fight only to die.

Mote dungeons are the easiest ''hard'' challenges by far. Then Nightmare dungeons, hardest raid solo and Torment dungeons.

friz898

Mote dungeons are the easiest ''hard'' challenges by far. Then Nightmare dungeons, hardest raid solo and Torment dungeons.

Thanks much, thats exactly what I wanted. I tried the Ifrit mote a week ago and died when he was at 60% so didn't even try again. I have the levels and gear that I could google an exact strategy and win, but I usually find something more fun to do.

Which mote is the easiest?

Ahnez

Thanks much, thats exactly what I wanted. I tried the Ifrit mote a week ago and died when he was at 60% so didn't even try again. I have the levels and gear that I could google an exact strategy and win, but I usually find something more fun to do.

Ifrit is the hardest. The others are easier and about on the same diff level. But Dahaka was by far the easiest for me

Wazzy

Banned
I still have a couple nightmares to catch up on but since they're back permanently I'll do them when I complete all of my elites. I'm thankfully almost done V which was the most brutal for me to catch up on.

Adeptrain

Hello all! I quit playing FFRK a month ago and realized that I hated the idea of my account just rotting. So, I'd like to see if any Gaffer would like to take over my Global account. I've spent a fair amount of money on this account and it has a good amount of honed abilities along with about 40 burst weapons/armour and 6 Overstrike weapons. I really don't wanna write down everything in my account...but my most used were my onion knight (got all the relics for him) and my Luneth.

Anyway, the one-time code only lasts like 5 minutes I think so just PM if you want the account and we can arrange a time to trade messages so I can send you the code. I just ask that the person that takes it have fun with it and keep playing :) Thx.

While I have only done two of the mote dungeons (and as Cid missions too) the FFXIII one is certainly the easiest due to the stagger mechanic (any attack on it has a chance to stagger it which makes it do nothing for two turns and give it loads of elemental weaknesses, there is also one forced stagger).

The other one I ran was the FFIII one. I pity anyone who need to constantly run that for Onion Knight motes.

With Mage meta and AoE sleep apparently the FFX one is not bad either and I hear FFII is extremely annoying.

Hello all! I quit playing FFRK a month ago and realized that I hated the idea of my account just rotting. So, I'd like to see if any Gaffer would like to take over my Global account. I've spent a fair amount of money on this account and it has a good amount of honed abilities along with about 40 burst weapons/armour and 6 Overstrike weapons. I really don't wanna write down everything in my account...but my most used were my onion knight (got all the relics for him) and my Luneth.

Anyway, the one-time code only lasts like 5 minutes I think so just PM if you want the account and we can arrange a time to trade messages so I can send you the code. I just ask that the person that takes it have fun with it and keep playing :) Thx.

Sent you a PM :)

Edit: Very generous of you, thank you again! Lots of fun incoming.

I still have a couple nightmares to catch up on but since they're back permanently I'll do them when I complete all of my elites. I'm thankfully almost done V which was the most brutal for me to catch up on.

We must be twins. Literally the only elite I haven't completed is the one with that insufferable wendingo boss.

Wazzy

Banned
We must be twins. Literally the only elite I haven't completed is the one with that insufferable wendingo boss.
Yeah V just has an insane amount of dungeons plus the difficulty levels are much higher than the other dungeons. I m still clearing them without too much trouble but it's exhausting going through so many.

Yeah V just has an insane amount of dungeons plus the difficulty levels are much higher than the other dungeons. I m still clearing them without too much trouble but it's exhausting going through so many.
I haven't followed Japanese dungeon updates, but from what we have we are nearing the end of V. I just played it for the first time and it looks like all that's left is the final dungeon. However, that had a ton of bosses along the way to the end which means it could be broken down into a bunch of dungeons per boss.

Wazzy

Banned
I haven't followed Japanese dungeon updates, but from what we have we are nearing the end of V. I just played it for the first time and it looks like all that's left is the final dungeon. However, that had a ton of bosses along the way to the end which means it could be broken down into a bunch of dungeons per boss.

If that's the case it makes sense why there's so many dungeons compared to the others(I guess VI has the same amount) due to it being near it's ending.

I'm still curious as to how they'll deal with finishing off realms.

Another week of waiting till the last day to tackle ultimates and multiplayer woo

Edit: just beat cid mission need to do ultimate ++ and raids

Edit:m 2: ultimate ++ down as well waiting on stamina for the raids

jnWake

New player here! Downloaded the game yesterday and have played a bit. It's a blast so far. Beat the first 2 quests of the Seifer event so I got me some nice FFVIII characters!

There's lots to learn though...

New player here! Downloaded the game yesterday and have played a bit. It's a blast so far. Beat the first 2 quests of the Seifer event so I got me some nice FFVIII characters!

Welcome to RK Gaf we generally try to be helpful to new players, check out the discord (quote the OP post) if you want to discuss stuff with us in real time.

This is a great beginner guide it's missing some newer stuff but it should give you enough of a sense of direction to start getting caught up

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/72179101

friz898

And a lot of helpful players here!

Ask as many questions as you have, we'll answer them all. A lot of acronyms as well.

Ahnez

Don't worry too much about learning mechanics. There's a lot of time for this later

For now, its recommended to play the realm dungeons to increase your max stamina and get mythril, and getting characters from events (which you're already doing).

Rubenov

You're in for a treat. I started about two months ago and I'm surprised how much I love it.

friz898

You're in for a treat. I started about two months ago and I'm surprised how much I love it.

Ya, this is the game that was good enough to break me of the "stupid phone games are NOT real video games" mentality. I knew it was close-minded and was fine with it not being for me. ... until I found this game.

Now I'm a dirty mobile game player and even spent money on the game.

Edit: My Sup exp report - Got Penelo to 99 for tonight. Vayne, Raijin, and Fuijin to 80. Tonight I will break Aerith to 99 for our next event.

Great time to get rolling, anniversary in a few weeks should give you half stam story dungeons

Didn't do the U++ or D200 multiplayer from the last event. Just popped a mythril to get the rest of this one done in time. I think my time with this game is finally coming to an end. Going to at least hold out through the anniversary event and see what kind of stuff I get, but I doubt I'll last much longer. Then again, I'm pretty sure I had the same thought this time last year and here I am. Stupid game has its hooks in deep.

jnWake

Thanks for the welcome! I already joined the Discord and I'm trying to clear these FFVIII dungeons. Only Fujin and Raijin left.

WarAdept

Welcome all new people!

If you want, "bUpF" is my Friend ID if you want to add me as a Roaming Warrior to summon during battle.

Most of the time, it's "Vessel of Fate" (+30% Atk/Mag/Hastega to entire party, grants Burst mode to summoner).

Someone pray for me when Breath of the Wild comes out. Triple gatcha games + Zelda = help.

Rubenov

Tonight's banner has Fran's "Killer Bow", which reduces ATK/MAG of ALL enemies by 40%.

Very useful for AoE boss fights, and for piercing bosses.

Its also at the bottom of the banner, so it should have increased chance of getting it compared to the BSBs in there.

I did really well with banner one but I'm debating pulling tonight, vii one or waiting. I've beaten vii torment cm. It aeriths us.sb clouds bsb2 cids + wind equip and zack wind imperil very tempting.

Syntsui

Motherfucker YESSSSSSS. Got Ashe BSB on the 100 gem pull, literally the only thing I could give a fuck. First time ever I get want with barely any cost.

Luneth, particularly if you have his BSB, is such an absurdly good character that it doesn't seem fair. I have him at level 99 and he is just crazy.
I think I have every one of Luneth's soul breaks, haha.

Oh yeah, and somehow my Gungnir ended up +++.

I'm just waiting for another Lightning Crystal or two to hone up some Sky High.

MrDaravon

I hate this fucking Mandragora fight every goddamn time it comes up, it's such RNG fucking bullshit with the status effects. I have a team that demolishes them if I could get two turns in a row without being stopped, put to sleep or silenced. It's so fucking annoying and it's not hard, it's just total S/L until you don't get fucked by RNG. It's dumb.

Fuck those 5 bastards... Not sure I have the patience for this CM. I think that I will take them down one by one even if they get stronger as the other one dies. By the time most of them are at 50%, their Ultimate Headbutt thing spamming is too overwhelming. I have Power Breakdown and Full Break applied through dances + Protectga and Defense+30% from Bash and even then I take too much damage. I think I will try to turtle.

Oh well, at least this is the first CM in a long time where I would really need to solve the "puzzle".

Kenai

Demon Wall is kinda hard lol. Can't equip much to deal with Sleep, Stop, and Blind/Silence at the same time. I had a good group that just wiped at ~3% cause he Stopped both the OK and Ramza at the end so our BSSB spam didn't do quite enough before he Hasted himself and rammed us.

Not even gonna play around with Vayne BSSB here. WoL and Y'sh til i get a win.

Demon Wall is kinda hard lol. Can't equip much to deal with Sleep, Stop, and Blind/Silence at the same time. I had a good group that just wiped at ~3% cause he Stopped both the OK and Ramza at the end so our BSSB spam didn't do quite enough before he Hasted himself and rammed us.

Not even gonna play around with Vayne BSSB here. WoL and Y'sh til i get a win.

Haha yeah, i had a 5%ish wipe just now too. Definitely more of a DPS check than some of the previous multiplayer bosses.

What one person on reddit did the for the Ultimate+ was status effects:
Ymqizn7l.jpg

Just seeing status effects gives me flashbacks of the first time the disciplinary committee was seen (you could put them to sleep which was the only practical way to survive them and the only AoE sleep we had was a shared SB that just came out for that event...it was horrible having to cast RM and S/L if it didn't hit all). Also this is far from fool proof. Even if you land the statuses (which most of them have reliable abilities now), the confused one can wake the sleeping one, the blind one can just murder your party like it's FFVI on the SNES.

In terms of RW Edgar OSB used back to back strikes again although so far none of the Edgar RWs over at https://friends-ffrk.rhcloud.com/ hare more than 594 attack right now so they're "only" going to do ~60% of the work (less if you don't have +30% damage RM and def reduction on them) but I think that can still be enough to bypass the weak phase entirely.

Glad I was able to Master all the XII bonus battles, including the CM, without too much trouble. Beside Ark Blast, which I only used in the U++, my realm synergy for XII is pretty rough.

The Mandragoras were annoying, but I think I got pretty lucky with them, as it only took about 6-7 S/Ls, with one team tweak, to Master the CM. I'd say exploiting the debuff vulnerabilities is the key, particularly blinding the tomato, confusing the onion, and sleeping the pumpkin. (I didn't do the latter, but I focused on defeating him first.)

Pejo

Man, I was coming off feeling great about beating the FFVIII U+, right into this bullshit with status effects. I just cannot for the life of me handle when my characters get blinded/silenced. Not to mention I don't have many good "hit all" BSB/SB's.

Might go for the status effects method to see if I can out-status these damn plantoids, I really want that MC3 for Luneth.

Rubenov

So for multiplayer this week, I'm rolling with TG Cid OSB/BSB, and Fran's BSB and Affliction Break.

Helping people clear it left and right and having a blast.

friz898

My report:

100gem pull = 3star trash.

I found the first fight, Virukasar (spelling) too actually be pretty hard.

I didn't have too much trouble with the mandagoras. I took them out using the AE method. I used Cid's BSB which command 2 was doing a ton on all 5 repeatedly.

Penelo (99) Mutli break and Heals
Larsa (80) Protectga and heals.
Gabranth (80) Banishing Strike and something else...
Ashe (99) Valefor and Ultima Weapon
Vayne (80) Meteor and Drainga

Also, everybody had on resist silence gear. Gabranth had resist blind gear.

This CM just sucks. The tide of battle can turn so quickly with the status effects and aoe damage that I had one mob left with a sliver of health that healed and killed my last survivor. I can do it but it will take more S/L to do it. If I egg up my team I would probably win with a lot less trouble but decided to leave them at 65.

The Ultimate and ++ were a lot easier by comparison with the same team.

I keep finding randoms without Affliction Break. It is pretty much a requirement for this stupid Demon Wall fight. :(
Even that isn't a perfect solution:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5wgeu2/freakin_wall/de9uzxe/ said:
Well, use Affliction Break. Duh. That leaves him with only a 17% Sleep chance, 62% Interrupt chance, and 113% Stop chance. Totally neuters the boss.
You're totally just scrub-tier noob.
THE BIGGEST GODDAMN /S EVER THIS FIGHT IS /BS
I also don't have affliction break and while I have Indomitable Blade and Reunion (both things what can help in that nightmare) it's not something I want to spend time doing right now.

I'm frustrated by it too. I feel I can not really contribute. I tried Selphie/Vanille. When I could use my offensive commands I was doing at least 6k per hit (they're x2 hits) but the demon wall doesn't attack enough for you to stay in perpetual burst and your team mates have not figured out to at least use sleep accessories so lots of time needed to use esuna which is a losing fight as the asshole wall does it again. Swapping out Selphie for Celes or Minfilia Burst could work (both are en-holy and holy commands).

Well just did a run using the latter. Crushed to death at ~45% HP and P.Cecil burst was most of the damage.

Top Bottom