• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass launches March 29th

psyfi

Banned
Yeah, I have a PS4 and love it, but every multiplat game I can buy on Switch I will.

comfy bed > comfy couch

Love the trailer music!

rbICyKR.png

I think the name isn't great, and this doesn't seem very difficult(albeit based on a short trailer), and more like an old rare collectathon style game?

I love the look of it though and dude is a top 5 video game snake immediately

I mean he's no kirkhope but he's okay when you want something almost as good

Zukkoyaki

I've been waiting for a release date ever since playing this at PSX! It's such a charming and fun game with a brilliant control scheme and I can't recommend it enough to everyone.

Ramenman

I'm totally buying this.

physics-based snake controls is the best thing I didn't know I wanted.

The only thing I like more than seeing classic platformers come back, is seeing *NEW* platformers that try new things.

Like this, or Gravity Rush 2.

I'll give them all my support.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Sendou

Announcing a release date but not a price seems rather strange, especially as the game is only six weeks away. I wonder if Sumo is fearing some degree of backlash? I can see it being $30 if there are quite a lot of levels, which would ruffle the feathers of those who don't like the idea of paying a "premium price" for an indie game.

More than 20 would be too much for me to be there at launch. Otherwise everything about this games sounds down my alley.

Also YouTube link in the OP is broken?

Glad to see day and date platform parity.

The Hollow Knight delay hurts my soul.

Genuinely had no idea this was announced for Switch. Good stuff.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I find it interesting how the trailer has the Switch logo appear first on the left (well, after the Unreal Engine logo), and then again, in the description, the Switch is mentioned first. And let's not forget the Switch Twitch stream.

Looks like they want to push the Switch version.

Also, they just removed the trailer (which was unlisted before that, btw).

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Between Switch + games and Horizon et al, this part of the year is freaking stacked. This is definitely on my radar. Hopefully they release it at a price in impulse buy territory. Looks like a neat take on 3d platforming.

I mean he's no kirkhope but he's okay when you want something almost as good

Personally I hate Kirkhope. Almost all of his songs are nothing but two notes of alternating tubas, basic percussions, and a xylophone melody. I mean you couldn't find more basic in terms of song structure.

Scrawnton

I find it interesting how the trailer has the Switch logo appear first on the left (well, after the Unreal Engine logo), and then again, in the description, the Switch is mentioned first. And let's not forget the Switch Twitch stream.

Looks like they want to push the Switch version.

Also, they just removed the trailer (which was unlisted before that, btw).

I think they want to tie it to the Switch's launch for a lot of sales. If they market it wisely and gear it towards Switch owners, it could possibly become their best selling platform.

On PS4 it's just another indie game. On Switch it's a good proposition in the launch month when there's not much else.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think they want to tie it to the Switch's launch for a lot of sales. If they market it wisely and gear it towards Switch owners, it could possibly become their best selling platform.

On PS4 it's just another indie game. On Switch it's a good proposition in the launch month when there's not much else.

Yup - there is much less competition on Switch. On the other system it not only competes with a bunch of available indie games but with all the Q1 retailer releases. The fact that there is a Switch version put the game on the radar for alot of people.

Cerium

Yup - there is much less competition on Switch. On the other system it not only competes with a bunch of available indie games but with all the Q1 retailer releases. The fact that there is a Switch version put the game on the radar for alot of people.

If I'm not mistaken this will also be the very first Switch game running on UE4.

Graphically it could be the most impressive third party game for a while.

iFirez

100% going to pick this up on the Switch, I'll probably be done with my first play through of BoTW by then.

Was thinking it was gonna take them about a year to port this from their PC version! Good on them for getting it out so close to launch!

Not a huge fan of 3D platformers (unless theyre mario) but since my Switch may be a Zelda Machine I may have to get this, looks fun.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The Switch launch is getting better and better. Zelda + Snipperclips + Snake Pass all in the same month.
Add Bomberman, 1, 2 Switch, Fast RMX and World of Goo (if multiplayer is confirmed), and that's 7 completely different games I'm getting in the first month :)

Top Bottom