• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snake Pass launches March 29th

Cerium

It was definitely blurry on the TV, and colors looked a little washed out, though the games were running on different model TVs. However, again the dev said that handheld was the way to play for this.

I see, thanks for the impressions. That is consistent with Zelda, for example. I'm going to guess that it runs at 900p while docked. A little disappointing but handheld mode should be great.

maxcriden

I could totally be wrong about this! The 'easy' and 'medium' levels shared a jungle theme, and the 'hard' level looked fairly similar as well, I didn't play through it though. It may have been more of a forest.

I see, thanks man. I think those were just showcased levels by happenstance, oddly enough. If you check out the release date trailer and Air Realm trailer there are some definitively non-jungle levels shown a bit. It is unfortunate the demo gave a different impression, though, hopefully the final game has a lot of aesthetic diversity in its levels.

is this game digital only? seen its 20% off preorder on PSN.

Yep, digital only.

maxcriden

New Dev Diary:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4OdZsA_mc2Q

Developer Sumo Digital have released the third video developer diary for Snake Pass titled "Natural Camouflage - Developing the Art Style." In this developer diary the team discusses how Snake Pass developed from the initial Game Jam build to the beautiful tropical paradise, where players slither, curl and climb their way through increasingly challenging worlds.

Also:

The Snake Pass story also comes full circle as the team will be heading back to London for EGX Rezzed at Tobacco Dock in London from March 30th - April 1st. Snake Pass will be part of the “Powered by Unreal Engine” zone that will showcase many notable games and experiences being built with the award-winning Unreal Engine 4, including Snake Pass that will be available to play on all platforms.

(via GoNintendo.com)

Finn

So, I literally just heard about this game this afternoon (on the Switch's news tab). I'm in Day 1 for Switch because it looks super adorable and I love collectathons, but I wish it was a physical release. :(

psyfi

Banned
I don't mind getting this digitally, but I'm gonna wait for reviews. If it's 7 or above I'll go for it. I don't mind if it has flaws as long as it's solid, it looks original enough that I just want to try it out.

Gleethor

So torn between getting this on PS4 or Switch... portability can't be a selling point since it comes out when I'm sending my joycon in for repairs :(
Here's where I'm at when it comes to same-day indie multiplats on Switch: I buy the games I want when they release on Switch in order to have a portable version of the game and support indie Switch releases, then wait til the same game is either free on PS plus or significantly discounted on PS4 which it inevitably will be long before it's discounted on Switch.

AetherZX

PS4 would be the better choice in your situation, 1080p and 60fps.

It's also 20% cheaper with PS+

Switch version is also 1080p when docked. I'm doubtful of the PS4 version being close to 60 fps when the Pro patch info mentions "higher framerate", which doesn't seem worth mentioning if it were the case in the first place.

Finn

Here's where I'm at when it comes to same-day indie multiplats on Switch: I buy the games I want when they release on Switch in order to have a portable version of the game and support indie Switch releases, then wait til the same game is either free on PS plus or significantly discounted on PS4 which it inevitably will be long before it's discounted on Switch.

That's ... brilliant.

It's 28th in America and 29th worldwide right? I've got myself $20 eShop credit (loving that region free), been waiting on Snake Pass for a while!

watershed

Banned
I'm excited for Snake Pass but I really need to see some reviews and more gameplay videos before I can make a purchase. I just don't know the full scope of this game and if it will be worth its price. Excited but not day 1 for now.

kami_sama

I'm excited for Snake Pass but I really need to see some reviews and more gameplay videos before I can make a purchase. I just don't know the full scope of this game and if it will be worth its price. Excited but not day 1 for now.

Same, will wait for reviews, but if it's good, it'll be an easy purchase for me.

Going with PS4 due to MS not even having anything in the store for the game, PSN is cheaper and has a buy one get one free offer also (parapa the rapper here I come)

phant0m

Played this at PAX East, my fiancée loved it. Looks great and felt good too. Preorder at 20% off was a no-brainer.

Tonyx

Can't wait for the reviews.

This seem very interesting but I feel that controls can really make or break this game.

Morts

Can't wait for the reviews.

This seem very interesting but I feel that controls can really make or break this game.

Same here. This is the type of game I'd love a demo for, but I could see how that could hurt it if there's a learning curve.

Going with PS4 due to MS not even having anything in the store for the game, PSN is cheaper and has a buy one get one free offer also (parapa the rapper here I come)
1.) MS doesn't just randomly add games for preorder, that's on Sumo for not having it up beforehand

2.) there's no buy one get one involving this game :p

antibolo

Banned
Have there been any early impressions on the Switch version? Do we know if it runs well? (I'm fine with stable 30 fps)

Looks like that was more or less answered here.

eerik9000

Snake Pass has the honour of being my first PSN Store purchase and the first pre-load on my PS4 (unless we cound LBP3 patch 1.25, which had to wait a couple of days before it coule be installed...) Anyways, it is a 1.669GB download.

Wok

UmL4TFK.jpg

Saw that.

RedToad64

Snake Pass should be up at midnight...hopefully.

They update at 12 PM EST, practically on the dot.

Anyone know what time stuff usually goes up on the eShop? Wondering if I'll have time to grab this prior to getting on a plane in the morning.

Usually in the afternoon of the release day for third party games. Nintendo does not do midnight releases for them, unfortunately.

This is coming from somebody who has been disappointed that the game does not hit midnight many times in the past.

NateDrake

Quick update: review embargo lifts on Tuesday March 28th at 9am PT / 5pm GMT / 6pm CEST. This embargo also applies to livestreams and video coverage.

Quick update: review embargo lifts on Tuesday March 28th at 9am PT / 5pm GMT / 6pm CEST. This embargo also applies to livestreams and video coverage.

So a few hours after it releases on the eshop? I'm confident it'll be good so I'll get it as soon as it goes live.

brawly

Curious to know how the final Switch version fares. Might wait and get it there once I have one instead of the PS4 now.

Though the Pro might push 4k*/60fps, so there's that.

Top Bottom