• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

My interest in Black Science ebbs and flows. I've always considered it a good book, and not a great one. Today, I couldn't be bothered to pick up the new issue. I checked a few preview pages but didn't care enough to buy it. The interest just isn't there right now. But down the line I may decide to grab a bunch of issues and catch up.
Read it in trades. It's like a Bendis book. It reads better in trade.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I haven't ready comics in weeks, but I liked Runaways 2. I still sort of wish they didn't go with a putting-the-team-back-together thing, but good god, do I still love Old Lace.

Malyse

Man, I haven't ready comics in weeks, but I liked Runaways 2. I still sort of wish they didn't go with a putting-the-team-back-together thing, but good god, do I still love Old Lace.
I want it to have as many issues as Slott on ASM. I really missed it.

Runaways was my first comic.

Vic_Viper

Remember this book?

It was supposed to be released last November, then was cancelled and was going to be re-solicited for Spring 2017. And now I can't even find it on Image's webpage(except for the interview I linked above).

Wasnt Hickman Writting and Drawing the book lol? He probably has too much on his plate now that hes working on a DC book along with finishing SHIELD

Bii

My LCS sent me an email saying that my issue of Michael Cray #1 was ready for pickup?

ididn'taskforthis.gif

lmao

I don't think I've ever read a Red Sonja comic but I'm really digging this Sideshow print (and eventual statue) by Alex Pascenko. Had to buy it.

LE5O1Jf.jpg

Bii

Fucking hell.

Besides the price, I think the most offensive thing Sideshow does with most (all?) of their prints is that they have an automated penciled signature that signs those prints. I would rather there be no signature than a machine recreating a signature.

Edit: Just checked into it and some of their prints are automated whereas others are hand signed.

Messi

Its a little odd that the news of Amanda and Jimmy leaving Harley popped up in a piece about Harleys current popularity. It felt like a footnote much like the announcement of the new team, also buried in that story. You would think DC would announce the change over given how long they have been on the book. Maybe even have an announcement of their next title ready. As it is we just have them saying they are taking a break and working on creator owned books.

I did like that they said they are going to go spend their money on each other lol.

Malyse

Um, what's up with Hulk? Completely different tone than the last ten issues.

Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Also, I miss Kate Leth.

VanWinkle

0xryPxz.png

Wow, so apparently Tom King is working on Hobo with a Shotgun.

Interesting. Would be nice to see Swamp Thing ongoing come back (and kind of funny if King is writing it, since Snyder was writing Batman and Swamp Thing both too, early into the New 52). Will probably be a one-shot or miniseries or something, though.

Sandfox

Um, what's up with Hulk? Completely different tone than the last ten issues.

Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Also, I miss Kate Leth.
Yeah, the latest issue was more light hearted and jokey with Jen even
breaking the fourth wall.
It was a one off issue before Legacy so we'll see what the next issue is like.

Malyse

Jesus Christ, Gwenpool!
Just, holy shit.
Gwen is such a fucking mess.

I think that's the most awful thing she's done so far.

I'm fucking shook.

Owzers

I'm trying to read through all the trades that i bought but am not that interested in and it seems like a horrible idea that will end comics. Up next: Mara by Brian Wood.

Maybe i will do a thing where if the first issue of the trade is bad i stop reading.

Sidenotes:

good art haul Messi.

I returned Destiny 2 to gamefly after playing way too much late at night accomplishing next to nothing. I beat the story, i did a couple strikes, i grinded way too much on public events that it feels like i wasted those hours and then i decided to jump ship a bit and see if i want to rent it again to join a clan and try to do Nightfall stuff and if i even care to. Iffy loot, but i like throwing super grenades at things.

I'm surprised Hellboy in Hell library edition isn't half off at IST so i shall wait to buy it.

It was brilliant.

Amazing Spider-Man was great too. I hate this status quo reset but the actual book was good.

I'm hoping the status quo reset somehow means Slott writes a great book again.

ASM hasn't been bad, but it's been tedious. And since Marvel won't take Slott off the book for fear he leaves Marvel, I feel like we're in for a lot more Danny Boy

Bii

Sorry for the image dump but I wanted to get these up before my flight home.

My NYCC commissions

Mirka Andolfo Superhero Harley

Lee Garbett Harley Quinn

Sanford Greene Harley Quinn

Laura Braga Classic Harley Quinn

John Timms Classy Harley in a dress

Chip Zdarsky Classic Harley

Mahmud Asrar Harley Quinn in a dress

Riley Rossmo Harley and Joker

Elsa Charretier Batgirl

Stephanie Hanz Gamora

Gabriel Hardman Batwoman

Nick Dragotta Doma Lux

Matteo Lolli Gwenpool

Terry Moore Strangers in Paradise

Jen Bartel Laura (Persephone)

Mirka Andolfo Pharmercy

Jeff Dekal Starfire

Matteo Scalera Tajo from Low

Stjepan Sejic Harley Quinn

Stjepan Sejic Ally

Stjepan Sejic Lisa

olivia3.gif

Sorry

Not sure how I missed this but those are great, especially the Tajo. How many sketchbooks you have going? 2?

Messi

Not sure how I missed this but those are great, especially the Tajo. How many sketchbooks you have going? 2?

Just one so far, but I can see needing a second one. Its a harley sketchbook and Elsa was the first one in it and she drew Batgirl by mistake lol.

Did you see that Remender announced that he is going to use it as a variant.

tim1138

Interesting. Would be nice to see Swamp Thing ongoing come back (and kind of funny if King is writing it, since Snyder was writing Batman and Swamp Thing both too, early into the New 52). Will probably be a one-shot or miniseries or something, though.

YES! Bring back Swamp Thing! Wasn't Capullo dropping hints left and right that he was interested in doing Swamp Thing? How did nothing come of that?

It's not an ongoing, they're doing an anthology special in like January or something. I believe it was announced at NYCC as the Swamp Thing Winter Special. It's also going to have the last story ever written by Len Wein in it.

Wait.

Wait wait wait.

The Wild Storm
is set in the normal DCU?
I'm sorry, what?

Re: Wild Storm
it takes place on its own Earth in the DC Multiverse. I think Ellis jokingly called it Earth-WS

Bii

Just one so far, but I can see needing a second one. Its a harley sketchbook and Elsa was the first one in it and she drew Batgirl by mistake lol.

Did you see that Remender announced that he is going to use it as a variant.

Ahhh, I had something similar happened to me where an artist drew on the wrong page.

I didn't see that...I'll have to get the cover once its out. I've always been a fan of Scalera's art.

Messi

Ahhh, I had something similar happened to me where an artist drew on the wrong page.

I didn't see that...I'll have to get the cover once its out. I've always been a fan of Scalera's art.

He is wild dude. I watched him draw for a bit and I have no idea how he does some of the things he does.

Malyse

Nah, just has DCU characters in it.

Another looks at The Unexpected:
DL5O8alX0AAncud

It's not an ongoing, they're doing an anthology special in like January or something. I believe it was announced at NYCC as the Swamp Thing Winter Special. It's also going to have the last story ever written by Len Wein in it.

Re: Wild Storm
it takes place on its own Earth in the DC Multiverse. I think Ellis jokingly called it Earth-WS
That makes more sense.

Actually, this could be a Metal tie in. I can see this being a world of the dark multiverse.

That makes more sense.

Actually, this could be a Metal tie in. I can see this being a world of the dark multiverse.

The Dark Multiverse world's only last for tiny periods of times though , most of their 'history' is counterfeit that forms with the world , just to play out whatever intense fear / desire brougbt the world into being and once that's been done the world collapses. It's only by having enough people invested in that fear / hope that the world can stabilise and rise into the "real" Multiverse.

Looking more into it, it seems like there is a sale on Amazon, I just can't see it or buy anything from it. Every title, outside of the two DC Essentials, says "this title is currently not available for purchase" on the page, with no buy button. Anyone every have this happen to them before? I tried using a VPN, I live in Canada, but they still won't show up.

Malyse

Hey, Thor vs. Hulk gets really awesome in the second issue guys. It's a really good book!

Edit: it gets super good in the third! Read this book for real!

VanWinkle

Oooh yeah, I remember that now.

Top Bottom