• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yes.

But I'm like the ideal customer for it.

I own a nice new 4K tv, already have a ton of games on Xbone that are getting 4K patches and am a graphics whore who has zero interest in PC gaming.

lcd

Absolutely day one.

Was disappointed with the lack of power in the original XB1 and was hoping they'd improve things with X. Most of the people I game with are in the Microsoft ecosystem as well.

chadskin

Since I already own a PS4 Pro, I'm more likely to invest $500 into a new (mid-tier) GPU to replace my GTX 960 and a Switch down the road once it gets a price cut or two.

Piggus

Naw, I'll stick with my PC, which I've had for over a year and is still twice as powerful as the Bonex and plays virtually every game available on it. I just don't see the appeal of you have a decent PC and a PS4. I appreciate MS releasing all their first party games on PC though.

Head.spawn

Maybe not Day One because I want to try and hold out to see if they maybe announce other colors.... but I'll probably be there day one regardless.

Do we really need one of these threads every other day?

I want to make a similar thread for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, because I'm not buying that.

jaypah

I doubt it. They started putting their games on PC, which imo was a smart move, so I'll get them there. If I didn't game on PC I would have absolutely bought one, higher specs for multi-plats plus a UHD drive sounds good. But alas. I might upgrade from a 360 controller to the XB1 controller though.

Nope, running multiplats better has never been a reason for me to buy a console and i won't start now. Exclusives is a reason and MS "exclusives" don't interest me. I'm just fine with the Ps4 Pro.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
There isn't a reason to buy an Xbox one x least for me. And The reason is games. PlayStation is getting Spider-Man and god of war next year along with some pretty awesome exclusives this year and the switch is getting Mario odyssey not to mention the awesome breath of the wild game already out. What does Xbox have that would make me run out to buy a 500 dollar system. Nothing.

Definitely don't need a 4K xbox one x if playstation is getting spider-man

C52qDfQ.gif

pezzie

Probably not. I enjoy a lot of Japanese games, and it just seems like Sony's camp gets far more titles there. If I were going to pick up a second console, I'd probably go with a Switch, but even that's unlikely as between the PS4 and PC I've already got more games than the time I have could handle.

nope. pc has multiplats and first party ms games covered. no interest in the putting myself through the shortcomings of a console when i dont need too.

I can't imagine the Xbox having much to offer people with beefy PC's and a way to play them in their living rooms.

No. With play anywhere I can just play the few exclusives I care about on PC.

Not planning on getting a 4K tv anytime soon anyway.

Bingo.

Second best versions of multiplat games with the smallest playerbases isn't gonna sway me.

Nope. No exclusives I can't get on my PC, and my friends are on PS4, so...

Nope. But I would probably buy an S anyway if I bought an Xbox One.

I'd buy it (S) for a critical mass of exciting exclusive content (to me).

Thing is...I game on PC and MS is putting its games there too so if they've got an exclusive I want, I'll just pay them on PC. So I really don't see myself buying an S.

All the games are multiplatform. Even their first party games since they're on PC.

For a majority of the games, it will be downsampled on XboneX too.

I thought the title of the thread is "Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?" Why so many pc talk????

Anyway, I'll upgrade because I have a Xbox One and I go full digital this generation. Many games I owned or digital-shared will have 4k upgrade patches.

And since PC gaming talk is a thing here, I'll share why I don't game on PC even if I have one. I don't do PC gaming not because I dislike PC gaming but because I love thin and light ultrabooks. I am now rocking a 4 year old Acer S7 Ultrabook. If I were to upgrade, I'd buy a Microsoft Surface series or Dell XPS13. And these laptop while having marvelous engineering design, will never be able to run the games nearly as well as Xbox One X or even Xbox One S. So no, having a high end computer doesn't make my Xbox One X purchase obsolete. And I think I am not the only one in the same situation.

Gator86

0% chance. I own a Pro and all my friends are on PS4, plus I prefer the controller and general user experience.

I already have a vanilla Xbone anyway so it's an even harder pitch.

Since I have a 4K TV with a hunger for more 4K content, I have to buy it.

Im in exactly the same boat, plus i dont have a 4k blu ray player yet so this will solve that problem, and an external
Hdd with a ton of xbox one games on it from when it was my primary console in 2013-16. I have no reason not to buy one

No not at all.

All the games exclusive or console exclusive for X1 are just not that interesting IMO. Halo is dead (to me), Gears 4 was fun but boring, I don't care for racing games, and Remedy is apparently not interested in making Xbox/PC only games anymore.

Not really. I have an OG Xbox and I would rather downsize to an S for aesthetics rather than pay more for a machine I won't be using like that. I mainly have an Xbox for Xbox exclusives but outside of sunset overdrive, there hasn't been any huge games that I want to play on the system. It's mostly a waste of money and tbh, when I spent the $500 on the OG I have now, I feel kind of burned from that so I'm not doing that a second time regardless of the power. I upgraded my PS4, finally got a switch and built a PC so I think I'm straight.

Xiaoki

I thought the title of the thread is "Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?" Why so many pc talk????
A lot of people have gaming PCs and PS4s, which technically makes them "console owners"

Perhaps the OP should have specified "Console ONLY"

120v

waiting until next gen to ride the 4K train. even if money was no object upgrading current gen consoles just seems frivolous to me right now.

After they dropped support for the OG Xbox right before they released the 360 and after dealing with a bunch of RRoD's, I am done with Xbox. There's not a whole lot of exclusives right now that make me want to jump in. I've never really cared about graphics either so the main selling point doesn't interest me.

Also, I'm Canadian. Paying $600 plus tax seems insane.

jimbobb

Neo Member
She will be mine.

I nabbed a KS8000 (49 inch) just before the Super Bowl and my 280x is long in the tooth. I already rock the XB1S so it's a no-brainer. I'm not that well versed in the tech, but is there a chance that the XB1X will make my Planet Earth UHD disks look even better? Can you downsample them, lol?

TheFatMan

I mean I would love to play cross platform games on it, like Anthem or Assassin's Creed....

However, basically none of my social circle owns an Xbox at this point, so I'd essentially be playing by myself.

Nope Im not getting a Xbox One X. I dont play much on my xbox one anyways so there isn't a reason for me to upgrade. I am actually going to sell it once I can get my hands on a Switch.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I haven't I am not interested in 4K gaming.
Upgrade the graphics rather than resolution. Give me a noticeable generational change.

Hammer24

Banned
I mean I would love to play cross platform games on it, like Anthem or Assassin's Creed....

However, basically none of my social circle owns an Xbox at this point, so I'd essentially be playing by myself.

That's easy, fill your friends list with GAFers, and you have nice people to play with from all over the world.

A lot of people have gaming PCs and PS4s, which technically makes them "console owners"

Perhaps the OP should have specified "Console ONLY"

I should have been more clear. I meant console only and console/pc gamers.
I didnt include pc only gamers because I thought that group would be the least interested in an xbox one x.

Z..

The library is just not there for me. No point. Loved my OG Xbox and my 360 but they really aren't giving me any reasons at all to jump aboard with the one.

I'll eventually buy one when it's available second hand for under 100 so I can play Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay, I guess. Or if it makes my 360 obsolete at some point (the only holdouts left are guardian heroes, radiant silvergun and oratorio tangram on backwards compatibility), I'll bite then.

The library is just not there for me. No point. Loved my OG Xbox and my 360 but they really aren't giving me any reasons at all to jump aboard with the one.

I'll eventually buy one when it's available second hand for under 100 so I can play Sunset Overdrive and Rare Replay, I guess. Or if it makes my 360 obsolete at some point (the only holdouts left are guardian heroes, radiant silvergun and oratorio tangram on backwards compatibility), I'll bite then.

So much this. I fucking loved putting hundreds of hours into Halo, Kotor, Fable, and Rallisport Challenge on my OG Xbox. Similarly I had to get a 360 for Halo 3 and Mass Effect. The library just isn't there anymore.

Matthew23

Nope. I've been holding off on VR because I wanted to see what MS was going to do with Scorpio. I was hoping the $300 Windows HMDs would work on the console and PC day one while offering a good experience. I don't think I can wait another year for MS to announce something. I'll be doing an upgrade on my PC and probably be going with a vive although I'm still curious to see how MS's HMDs turn out.

Top Bottom