• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999 Designers Working On 3DS & Vita Visual Novel Adventure [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sprites are timeless and awesome, but I think I prefer the decision to go 3D for this game. I bet the designers will make the character's personalities pop with that added dimension.

The pull of the 3DS and Vita systems is getting greater...

I loved 999, so I'll eat this up like candy. Aksys, localize it now! I don't care if the game isn't finished yet, start localizing it now so we can get it as soon as possible!

/demanding

LiK

Judging from the names and chara designs, looks like this will be more fantastical than 999. I mean, a cyborg dude? a giant rabbit with clothes? it's all bizarre.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looks like it could benefit from 3D..will get on 3DS if they release it here.

LiK said:
Judging from the names and chara designs, looks like this will be more fantastical than 999. I mean, a cyborg dude? a giant rabbit with clothes? it's all bizarre.
I'm totally down with that. Would have liked 2D sprites but eh, I'll take 3D too. Looks nice enough.

Frost_Ace

2132458886.jpg

Phi has to be related to
Santa somehow, they are IDENTICAL

duckroll

Yes keep the man on composing novels, so he stays away from games. If the gods are good, we'll never hear him compose for a RPG again, and the world will be better for it. :)

Magnus

I wonder if it'll be as slow, boring and contrived as the first two hours of 999. I knew going in that it was a visual novel, and I was still bored out of my mind with the pace, language and brutal characters.

What else has this developer done?

GSR

Wasn't expecting the move to 3D, but it could be pulled off pretty well, I think. Interesting that they're not admitting it's linked to 999 right now - presumably they'll tease out more details as time goes on.

Is this likely to be cheaper on 3DS than on Vita? Perhaps a $5 difference would be appropriate? If 3DS version is $10 cheaper then why bother going Vita unless that's all you have...and if they're the same price, why bother with 3DS for the same reason? Unless you find that you really enjoy 3D, of course.

survivor

Banned
UncleSporky said:
Is this likely to be cheaper on 3DS than on Vita? Perhaps a $5 difference would be appropriate? If 3DS version is $10 cheaper then why bother going Vita unless that's all you have...and if they're the same price, why bother with 3DS for the same reason? Unless you find that you really enjoy 3D, of course.
I'm thinking they will incorporate special features in the game depending on the hardware. Don't know what they can be, but after 999 I'm sure they can deliver.

Frost_Ace

UncleSporky said:
3DS version will come out earlier...probably

Hylian7

So the bunny is sort of the "bad guy" this time?

More fuel to that theory I had about Akane's rabbit hutch story, huh?

Durante

I think it makes sense to go with 3D, you just have a ton more options in terms of camera and animation with that. I just hope it looks really clean on Vita.

The character designs are a bit hit-and-miss for me, the main characters look good but most of the rest are rather silly. But I can live with that.

Sony got rid of its policy requiring games to be dubbed in English, right? it would explain Yakuza 3 and 4. Don't know if Nintendo ever had one.

I'd like this game to be brought over and Aksys redoing all the voices might be too much work. Or if they do, the small sizes of the 3DS and Vita carts (unconfirmed on the vita part) may not be enough to do dual language.

the graphics remind me of Another Code R

Yuterald

oh shit, this looks and sounds fucking awesome! I just completed 999 a month or so ago and it was amazing. I'm definitely a fan of these dudes now. Fairly excited about this project!

Magnus said:
I wonder if it'll be as slow, boring and contrived as the first two hours of 999. I knew going in that it was a visual novel, and I was still bored out of my mind with the pace, language and brutal characters.

What else has this developer done?

Ever17
Remember 11
12Riven
Never 7

Dude loves numbers.

Caelestis

I am not sure how I feel about 3D, but I am pretty excited for this. 999 was an amazing game, so I hope this will be a sequel in disguise. ^_^

Is it just me or do all the characters look like copies of the ones from 999? You have the big titted woman, the big guy, the red haired cute girl, the guy with the white hair, the neutral protagonist, the other cute girl that looks like June, tall guy with long hair who looks like the blind guy, etc.

survivor

Banned
wrowa said:
Not a fan of the 3D graphics to be honest, I don't think they will convey the atmosphere as good as the backgrounds and sprites in 999 did, but my hype is still above 9000.

What the heck. I played through all the endings of 999, but I've never seen that scene. I don't even know where they are. Huh.
I think this is a scene when you
take door 3. The one where Snake died

Synth_floyd said:
Is it just me or do all the characters look like copies of the ones from 999? You have the big titted woman, the big guy, the red haired cute girl, the guy with the white hair, the neutral protagonist, the other cute girl that looks like June, tall guy with long hair who looks like the blind guy, etc.
It's not just you. I don't really like these designs. Too much deja vu.

Clover srtipper, drug addicted Santa girl, Cleopatra Lotus, and top hat Snake.

Then you've got the weird shit like cyborg luchador, and talking Chinese rabbit. It's a bit too much for me :/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Yeah, according to the Japanese blurb at the bottom of the Famitsu article, it seems those screens are from the 3DS version XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom