• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic [Releasing Date: Dec 20 NA/EU - NDA Lifted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
Note: Many images can be clicked on and lead to more information

qAzr2.jpg

Neogaf Guilds

Empire Guild
limrw.png

Republic Guild
Af0mw.png

European Republic Guild
HJV6m.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Star Wars the Old Republic?

Star Wars the Old Republic is an MMORPG developed by Bioware. It was officially announced to the Public in 2008, but job postings go back further than 2006. The game is massive in scope, takes place over multiple planets, and as of E3 2011, has 800k lines of recorded dialogue. The average well-made feature film, only has about 1000.

When finished, it will be the largest game in size, ever made. SWTOR has been a massive undertaking, and took significant financial and personal investment by both EA and Bioware.

The game will feature a full dialogue system with choices and consequences. Companions that can join you in both the leveling experience and PVE. High-end raids, flash points, open-world and instanced PVP, crafting, space combat, server wide economy, and everything else you would expect from not only a AAA MMO, but a AAA console game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting

The Galactic Republic stood for generations as a bastion of peace in a galaxy of warring star systems. Protected by its stalwart Jedi guardians, the Republic held the greatest hope for the progress of civilization and galactic unity.

Deep in unknown space, however, a mighty Sith Empire was forged, led by dark Sith Lords who dreamt of galactic domination and vengeance against their ancient Jedi enemies. After centuries of preparation, the time came for the Sith to make their return.

With a massive fleet and an awe-inspiring army of fearless troops, the Sith Emperor launched a surprise assault, quickly capturing dozens of worlds in the Outer Rim, and sparking a war unlike any other in the galaxy’s history.

From the frozen wastes of Ilum to the desert plains of Dathomir, violent battles killed untold millions. Despite its avowed neutrality, surface structures on the water-covered world of Manaan were completely destroyed, forcing the Selkath to retreat to their ocean underworld. Other star systems fared worse—some destroyed, others left uninhabitable. The carnage concluded with the Sith Empire sacking the Republic's capital planet of Coruscant and forcing the Republic Senate into the controversial Treaty of Coruscant.

In the years since the treaty, fear and uncertainty have gripped the galaxy, enabling the Sith Emperor to pursue his own mysterious purposes while the Republic has made efforts to rebuild its infrastructure and adjust military priorities to the new galactic landscape.

Now, tensions between the Republic and the Empire are running high, and a series of border skirmishes and proxy wars have broken out, even on planets as historically peaceful as Alderaan. The uneasy truce established by the Treaty of Coruscant is quickly tearing apart at the seams, and a return to all-out war has begun in all but official terms.

A new generation of heroes, both light and dark, emerges to face the difficulties of these chaotic times, and fight for the fate of the galaxy in this most desperate age.

---------
In Relation To The Movies
---------
Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place more than 3,500 years before the rise of Darth Vader. The most powerful Sith Empire in history has emerged from deep space to attack the Republic and its legendary Jedi guardians. After decades of war, a tenuous truce has been established between the Sith Empire and the Republic, but events occurring in the game are leading the galaxy back to an all-out war.

---------
In Relation To The Games
---------
Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place approximately three hundred years after the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR). At the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in KOTOR, Revan disappeared into unknown space in search of a great threat to the Republic, an expanding Sith Empire led by a mysterious Emperor who planned vengeance for his ancient Jedi enemies. Revan never returned from unknown space, but the Sith Empire did, kicking off a war with the Republic that lasted for decades. Now, despite the uneasy truce created by the Treaty of Coruscant, the tension among the divided star systems is threatening to once again tear the galaxy apart.

Cinematic Trailers

Deceived

-----------
Hope

----------
Return

Allegiances & Classes

The Galactic Republic

Classes of the Republic

The Sith Empire

Classes of the Empire

-----------------------

Starships

Each class gets it's own personal starship. Think of them like playable player housing. Bioware hopes to expand upon these down the line. As of now, the starships are as follows.

FURY-CLASS IMPERIAL INTERCEPTOR

---

KUAT DRIVE YARDS (KDY) D5-MANTIS PATROL CRAFT

---

RENDILI HYPERWORKS BT-7 THUNDERCLAP

---

X-70B PHANTOM-CLASS PROTOTYPE

---

CORELLIAN XS LIGHT FREIGHTER

---

CORELLIAN DEFENDER-CLASS LIGHT CORVETTE

Planets

----------
Dromund Kaas

250px-DromundKaas-TOR.jpg

Once a colony of the Sith Empire, the location of Dromund Kaas would soon be lost, fading into nothing but memory. It was after the defeat of Naga Sadow during the Great Hyperspace War that the Sith Empire would once more rediscover the jungle world. Fearing repercussions from the Republic, a Sith armada began a series of treacherous random hyperspace jumps, wandering aimlessly for 20 years in hope to evade Republic capture. It was then that they rediscovered the world of Dromund Kaas.

----------
Tatoonie

250px-Tatoooinefull.jpg

Tatooine (pronounced tætu'in) was a desert world in a binary star system in the Arkanis sector of the Outer Rim Territories. It was inhabited by poor locals who mostly farmed moisture for a living. Other activities included used equipment retailing and scrap dealing. The planet was on the 5709-DC Shipping Lane, a spur of the Triellus Trade Route, which itself connected to the Sisar Run. The planet was not far from the Corellian Run. It had its own navigation system. However, it would still play a role in galactic events, serving as the home of Anakin Skywalker. It was here that Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn recognized Anakin's potential to become a Jedi and where he introduced him to Obi-Wan Kenobi, his future master and mentor. Tatooine was also the home of Anakin's son, Luke, where he lived until his early adulthood. The planet built up a very bad reputation, often being viewed as the cesspool of the galaxy due to the high-level of criminals who could be found onworld.

----------
Alderaan

250px-Alderaan.jpg

Since the Republic’s inception, Alderaan’s nobility has been at the political forefront, taking a stand in the Senate for peace, freedom and unity. While Coruscant has always been considered the heart of the Republic, to some extent, Alderaan has been its soul. In the aftermath of the Treaty of Coruscant, however, Alderaan withdrew from the Republic and soon became embroiled in one of the bloodiest civil wars in the galaxy’s history. The future of this once-proud planet is heavily in doubt.

----------
Coruscant

250px-Globecoruscant.jpg

At the center of the galaxy, the gleaming towers of Coruscant symbolize the power and prosperity of Republic civilization—the result of thousands of years of progress and democracy. Coruscant has been capital of the Republic since its founding more than twenty thousand years ago. Home to the Supreme Chancellor and the Galactic Senate, Coruscant is the most politically prominent planet in the galaxy.

----------
Balmorra

250px-Eaw_Balmorra.jpg

Few places in the galaxy have seen the peace promised by the Treaty of Coruscant so thoroughly cast aside as the world of Balmorra. Fiercely independent, this long time ally of the Republic has led the galaxy in advanced droid and weapons manufacturing. Now Balmorra’s workers live and suffer under a full Imperial occupation force.

----------

Tython
250px-Tython-TOR.jpg

Mystical scholars gathered on the harsh and mysterious world of Tython millennia ago to begin the first studies of the Force, but controversy among the scholars’ ranks created a cataclysm which nearly destroyed the planet. A small group of survivors fled to another star system, put their dark past behind them, and founded the Jedi Order.

----------
Korriban

250px-Korriban-TOR.jpg

The earliest Sith lived on the red, dusty planet of Korriban, determined to grow strong despite the inhospitable climate. Their success culminated in a bold civilization, made stronger when dark Force-users arrived and interbred after being driven out of the early Jedi Order. This ancient Sith civilization eventually became a superpower and challenged the Republic during the Great Hyperspace war. Their defeat drove a handful of survivors into deep space where they regrouped and rebuilt, determined to return.

----------
Hutta

250px-Nalhutta.jpg

In Huttese, the name translates into “Glorious Jewel”, and the planet more commonly called Nal Hutta is considered a paradise to the gluttonous tastes of the Hutts. To anyone else, though, the planet is a living nightmare—a disgusting and dangerous place to visit, and an unthinkable place to live. Current Underworld slang has shortened the name to a simple ‘Hutta’—a place where more civilized people threaten to send their children if they misbehave.

----------
Ord Mantell

250px-OrdMantell-TOR.jpg

The mountainous plains and volcanic islands of Ord Mantell are littered with the ravages of a ruthless civil war. Republic forces are fighting elusive separatists who are conducting guerilla style strikes against both military and civilian targets. Adding questions to an already questionable situation, the planet’s government, though loyal to the Republic, is merely a puppet regime for underworld concerns.

----------
Belsavis

Belsavis-TOR.jpg

At some unknown point in the past, the planet became one of the many worlds that belonged to the Rakata Infinite Empire. During that time, the Rakata made use of the world as a prison colony where they placed many dangerous prisoners that remained trapped for the millennia. It entered an ice age around 5,000 BBY. Its inhabitants dwelt in three volcanic jungle rifts.

----------
Quesh

Quesh-TOR.jpg

Discovered by the Galactic Republic during the Great Galactic War, Quesh's toxic atmosphere made the planet uninhabitable for many lifeforms, and was initially dismissed by the Republic. Years later, however, a young Republic chemist realized potential for some of the chemicals found on Quesh to be used for the Republic, as many of the compounds on the planet closely resembled venenit shadaaga, roughly translated as "Hutt Venom", a primary ingredient in very powerful adrenals.

----------
Ilum

250px-Ilum_eaw2.jpg

Ilum was an ice planet in the Unknown Regions, one of the main sources of the valuable Adegan crystals used in the construction of Jedi lightsabers. The caverns containing the crystals were long ago turned into a Jedi temple. Unlike the crystals of other planets, the crystals of Ilum could only produce green and blue lightsaber crystals.

----------
Voss

Voss-TOR.jpg

Voss was a planet located within the Voss system of the Outer Rim Territories. It was inhabited by Gormak and a less numerous species, who were named Voss like the planet. The two were engaged in warfare for many years circa 3,653 BBY. The Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire discovered the planet shortly after the signature of the Treaty of Coruscant.

----------
Nar Shadda

NarShaddaa-TOR.jpg

Nar Shaddaa was the largest moon of Nal Hutta. More commonly known as the Vertical City, the Smuggler's Moon and Little Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa was similar to Coruscant in that its surface was entirely overgrown with city sprawl for millennia. But unlike Coruscant—which was only relatively rundown and dangerous on the lower and under levels of the world city—Nar Shaddaa was filthy, polluted, and infested with crime everywhere.

----------
Hoth

Hoth.jpg

Hoth was the sixth planet of the remote Hoth system. A desolate world covered with ice and snow, located in the Anoat sector, a rarely-traveled portion of the Outer Rim Territories, it became famous as the one-time location of the Alliance to Restore the Republic's Echo Base during the Galactic Civil War. It was discovered in 3 ABY by the Empire, causing the Battle of Hoth, a major engagement that destroyed the Rebels' base and gave them heavy casualties.

belvedere said:

That preview was fail:

G4TV preview said:
Maybe it’s the console gamer in me, or my virgin status when it comes to MMO, but I kept expecting my character to lock onto the nearest enemy and await my command to attack, and instead I often had to hit the “TAB” button to make him pick a target. I also had some trouble moving and fighting at the same time, even when using the arrow keys.

newb ;)

Blackface

Banned
BrokenSymmetry said:
That preview was fail:

newb ;)

Did he really say that? WTF.....How can they have someone who has never played an MMO preview an MMO.

Can't move and attack? jesus....:lol

Anyway. Ya, I am still getting info together for the thread, and need to re-size screenshots.

If anyone has previews etc.. they want added just post em in here.

Vinci

Danish
Maybe it’s the console gamer in me, or my virgin status when it comes to MMO, but I kept expecting my character to lock onto the nearest enemy and await my command to attack, and instead I often had to hit the “TAB” button to make him pick a target. I also had some trouble moving and fighting at the same time, even when using the arrow keys.

That's ... HAHAHAHA ... seriously, who is this person and why is he doing something with a MMO? Let me play it; I'll even tell you which games they're ripping off.

laserbeam

Banned
vandalvideo said:
Am I the only one getting the beetles rock band from this link?

The stream is really messing up. probably need to wait til they upload the video so you can just click the preview from the schedule

belvedere

Junior Butler
BrokenSymmetry said:
That preview was fail:

newb ;)

Yeah, it totally blew. But it was one of the first hands-on I had read/seen for the game.

Indicative of how desperate I am for hands-on info about this game, eh?

Blackface

Banned
They had a live demo, and I can't believe Bioware won't release footage of it. Apparently it was awesome, so whats the problem.

First MMORPG I'll play since giving up on WoW. This looks to solve a lot of the grind/quest issues with previous MMO's.

edit: also excellent OP, good info.

laserbeam

Banned
Trax416 said:
They had a live demo, and I can't believe Bioware won't release footage of it. Apparently it was awesome, so whats the problem.

Bioware is just keeping this totally underwraps for some reason. I know a few people who tell me that it is alot further along than Bioware suggests.

Blackface

Banned
laserbeam said:
Bioware is just keeping this totally underwraps for some reason. I know a few people who tell me that it is alot further along than Bioware suggests.

The game was rumored for years. I remember about a year after WoW came out people said Bioware was working on a Star Wars MMO's. Job postings, the usual leaks etc..

I assume Bioware is keeping it under wraps until the combat is almost complete, because so much changes in an MMO's develop. Sometimes if MMO's release footage to early, most people don't understand that it will general look bad. It's an MMO, these things get finished late in development, unlike console games. Sadly, most people don't know this, and will just shit on the game. It even happened with WoW when screenshots and video got released of closed beta with all the checkered box's etc..

Kintaco

Ugh, that hands on was so bad. Give me some real hands on impressions. I can't wait for IGN to upload their video, at least I hope they do. The trailer was nice, but I want more.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
We should eventually get the 20-30 minute demo presentation, until then it's going to be hard hearing all these impressions. I want to see the game for myself, really bad!

Impressions from Shacknews

Judging from a lengthy E3 demo, BioWare's Star Wars MMO plays like a Knights of the Old Republic sequel. From dialogue to combat, its production values are on par with the developer's singleplayer efforts--which is saying quite a lot, considering that it's also a full-featured massive online game.

Running on live servers back in Austin, The Old Republic already seems like a realized world. In the first segment, BioWare producer Dallas Dickinson ran us through the world of Hutta, beginning the game as the Bounty Hunter class.
Immediately impressive were the dialogue scenes, the first initiated with an NPC quest-giver. The camera cuts back and forth as characters converse, with a minimal, Mass Effect-style radial menu providing the response options. Every scene in the game is fully voice-acted, and the end result is that the MMO plays more or less like a singleplayer experience.

Even more impressive was the addition of a second party member. When talking to NPCs in The Old Republic, the other players in your party will also be participating in the conversation with their own options. So while you might choose one response, the other player will be picking another, and you will see your guild-mate interact in the dialogue scene based on his response.

Stepping outside in central Hutta revealed a wonderfully detailed environment, with a very satisfying draw distance. The sense of scale and detail in The Old Republic's areas can't be stressed enough.

The engaging quality of the combat was also somewhat of a surprise. The Bounty Hunter fights from a distance, but can move freely as he fires off his blaster. As enemies shoot back, missing laser blasts whiz overhead, zipping straight into the camera. Every character has a unique close-combat option; as an example, the Bounty Hunter steps up close to douse his enemies with a wrist-mounted flamethrower.

Each class' abilities reflect its inherent personality traits. For instance, the Smuggler's character reflects Han Solo's--he snipes at targets with a pistol, and issues sucker punches and kicks between the legs when up close. In an ambitious twist for an MMO, the Smuggler also makes use of a cover system, which highlights potential hiding places with a circle and a green outline of a man. The Smuggler can take cover behind rocks, trees and other debris, offering him extra protection during long-distance firefights.

As an unsurprising confirmation, the game's interface is standard MMO fair. There's the 1-10 action buttons, the minimap, and other smaller buttons, no doubt tied to menus.

But beyond the basics of battles and interface, The Old Republic is carving out its most important--and already potent--niche in its detailed quests. BioWare quickly loaded up another quest scenario, which saw a Sith character heading to a starship, tasked with punishing a captain that disobeyed the orders of a Moff magistrate--an order any aspiring Darth Vader would appreciate.

After fighting your way to the bridge, the game switches into a dramatic dialogue scene. Players have the choice of allowing the captain to live--and gaining light-side points--or killing him off. Our demo theater chose death for the man, and as a result the player gained dark-side points, pushing him closer to evil, and dark-side powers that can only be unlocked as you near the edge.

After killing the man, a nearby ship launched an all-out attack. Through the bridge's window the player can watch enemy fighters strafing the hull, the general chaos of battle represented in-game. These sorts of high-detail backgrounds are breaking new ground in the MMO genre--but it was the lightsaber combat, nerdily enough, that really captured my attention.

The Jedi combat in The Old Republic is perhaps the most engaging combat I've seen in an MMO yet. Showing off moves directly translated from the recently released cinematic, the Sith jumped forward and backward, deflecting laser blasts and blocking melee attacks. Finishing moves and saber flourishes were carried off at a perfect pacing.

The demo culminated in a final battle between our demo operators--playing the Sith and a Bounty Hunter--and an NPC Jedi Knight. The dynamic potential of party combat was highlighted as the duo went to town on the good-guy. At one point the Sith force-choked the Jedi Knight, with the Bounty Hunter stepping up to use his flamethrower on the hovering victim. At the end, the Knight killed, the Sith looted him, took his lightsaber, and equipped it for a dual-saber build.

The take away? A lot of money is being spent on this game, and it shows. And though it may not have the broad fantasy appeal of World of Warcraft, this is the first game that I can see challenging it. It's hitting a different genre, it's doing things that Warcraft is not, and it will still have all the MMO conventions--PVP, crafting, guilds and raiding are all planned.

I may not be a fan of the "stylized realism" BioWare is using for character art style, but beyond that, I found very little to criticize in this demonstration, and a great deal to be excited about.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59009

Zeliard

G4TV said:

lol.

laserbeam

Banned
Ok from what Im hearing of the IGN preview it was Vogel and Walton both former Executive Producers of Galaxies and the heads of the Bioware MMO studio and it was just a few minutes of Q&A and old footage

Blackface

Banned
Morbid Angel said:

I'll add this up top. However, they were wrong at the start. The game doesn't really play like the old KOTOR in terms of combat from what I heard (and read on IGN,gamespot etc..). They also don't use the DND roll system and have combat based around their standard MMO UI (buttonson the bottom etc..). Also, there isn't a que system.

I'm really curious to see if they're able to pull of these kinds of detailed quests as standard faire, if they're able to keep the pacing down, and if these quests are instanced or not. I have a lot of questions about this game, more than I did before the preview.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Its dissapointing reading this, That they are going for a much more WoW-like on rails experience then the diverse nature of which SWG was.

laserbeam

Banned
HiResDes said:
Is it true that Bioware may not impose monthly fees, if so this will be the first MMO I bite on.

Lucasarts has this planned to be a mega money producer so there will be fees unless they decide to do something like a lifetime subscription buy but even that I doubt.

HiResDes said:
Is it true that Bioware may not impose monthly fees, if so this will be the first MMO I bite on.
If they don't, it will answer a lot of questions I have. It could be, and I'm speculating, that it will play like Guild Wars; Alot of syphoned off instances with story modes that players can play with together. I say this because I really do not see how you can have an ambient world with all these things going on without instances. Sharded servers would make upkeep easy.

Vinci

Danish
Just thought I'd say, that 'Deceived' trailer is a million times better than anything in the most recent Star Wars movies. Holy shit, I'm jazzed.

Prezhulio

my lord i wish they were putting it on ps3/360. i'm worried i won't have enough $ to buy/build a pc to run it hotawesomely when it comes out :( who am i kidding, i'll make it happen.

Blackface

Banned
vandalvideo said:
If they don't, it will answer a lot of questions I have. It could be, and I'm speculating, that it will play like Guild Wars; Alot of syphoned off instances with story modes that players can play with together. I say this because I really do not see how you can have an ambient world with all these things going on without instances. Sharded servers would make upkeep easy.

It's called Phasing. WoW has done it lately in WOTLK (think Icecrown). Phasing is much easier in the Hero engine.

Instances are going to be a thing of the past eventually. Although I think some content will be instanced in SWTOR, I don't think missions etc.. will be. Hero engine is designed so you can have a gigantic amount of people per shard. tens of thousands more then any other MMO.

I really hope SWTOR isn't all instanced, as that would turn a ton of people away immediately. People didn't even like instances between tiers in Warhammer.

Acidote said:
You should play KotOR because they're games deserved to be played.

Play KotOR II. The first is amazing, no doubt, but Obsidian really did some good work on the supporting cast, narrative, and dialogue with II.

Mojojo

shintoki said:
Its dissapointing reading this, That they are going for a much more WoW-like on rails experience then the diverse nature of which SWG was.

true that. Still hoping it will be different than WoW.. Like whatever you choose to play , you can enjoy all content with friends. No min-max theories, no pro-gaming and that kind of shit.

If it ends up like this in chat "LF1M Jedi Medic spec for Sith Temple. Must have good gear and over 2K dps. No ewoks", I am not touching this game with a ten-foot pole.

Vinci

Danish
Trax416 said:
It's called Phasing. WoW has done it lately in WOTLK (think Icecrown). Phasing is much easier in the Hero engine.

Instances are going to be a thing of the past eventually. Although I think some content will be instanced in SWTOR, I don't think missions etc.. will be. Hero engine is designed so you can have a gigantic amount of people per shard. tens of thousands more then any other MMO.

EVE Online says hello.

I really hope SWTOR isn't all instanced, as that would turn a ton of people away immediately. People didn't even like instances between tiers in Warhammer.

I don't care, so long as it runs smooth as hell.

laserbeam

Banned
I can see why some people who quit lucasarts and leaked info mistakenly said the game was based on a suped up Galaxies engine.

Graphically that really seems to be the direction they are going with everything.

Blackface

Banned
Mojojo said:
true that. Still hoping it will be different than WoW.. Like whatever you choose to play , you can enjoy all content with friends. No min-max theories, no pro-gaming and that kind of shit.

If it ends up like this in chat "LF1M Jedi Medic spec for Sith Temple. Must have good gear and over 2K dps. No ewoks", I am not touching this game with a ten-foot pole.

There will always be min maxing in an MMO that involves gear. It's just the nature of the game.

There was even min maxing in SWG. Which is how defense stacking, that eventually destroyed the game, came about.

Trax416 said:

I'm well aware of phasing, but they would require a server the likes of which has never been seen to have ambient phases for each character to make moral choices how they deem fit. There are two ways this could play out; LOTRO style gameplay where you have major overworld gameplay that is pretty derivative with eventual story/sharded events in seperate instances or it could be something like Guild Wars completely.

Of course, I could just not be able to envision the epic break through in MMO design that these brilliant people have thought up that breaks all the conventional rules.

Blackface

Banned
Vinci said:
EVE Online says hello.

I don't care, so long as it runs smooth as hell.

It has the potential to allow far more then EVE per shard. CCP helped Simutronics develop the technology if I remember correctly. Thats in theory. We will see if they can break the record or not.

Arnie

Ok so, huge Kotor I and II fan, eagerly anticipating this game as I can see past the MMO aspect and realise that it is indeed still a KOTOR game. I don't own any sort of rig competent enough to pull this game off so it is clear I must buy a new one before the game releases. So here are the questions,

• When does the game release? If no date has been suggested can you guys cough up an estimate?
  • What are the specifications looking like on this thing? Do you believe they will be high?
  • Finally, how much would a PC cost to play this decently? Have they announced any sort of Mac support?

Acid08

Banned
I'm playing KOTOR 2 right now for the first time
I'm on Malachor V right now.
How much longer do I have to go?

Blackface

Banned
vandalvideo said:
I'm well aware of phasing, but they would require a server the likes of which has never been seen to have ambient phases for each character to make moral choices how they deem fit. There are two ways this could play out; LOTRO style gameplay where you have major overworld gameplay that is pretty derivative with eventual story/sharded events in seperate instances or it could be something like Guild Wars completely.

Of course, I could just not be able to envision the epic break through in MMO design that these brilliant people have thought up that breaks all the conventional rules.

I don't think the phasing will put people alone. I think it will put everyone on the same stage in the same space/area. Possibly allowing them to complete things together like the quests in Warhammer so you don't have to stand around and wait for the Jedi KNight on the Capital ship to respawn. Which would be lame.

Who knows though.

laserbeam

Banned
Arnie said:
Ok so, huge Kotor I and II fan, eagerly anticipating this game as I can see past the MMO aspect and realise that it is indeed still a KOTOR game. I don't own any sort of rig competent enough to pull this game off so it is clear I must buy a new one before the game releases. So here are the questions,

• When does the game release? If no date has been suggested can you guys cough up an estimate?
  • What are the specifications looking like on this thing? Do you believe they will be high?
  • Finally, how much would a PC cost to play this decently? Have they announced any sort of Mac support?

Im thinking by Fall 2010 if all goes well this could launch.

If you can build your own PC this should easily be handled by a PC cheaper than 800 bucks and that 800 will get you a pretty beefy machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom