• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

LionPride

Banned
I know Cyborg existed before the cartoons but my main exposure is from the cartoons. Khary Payton's portrayal of Cyborg is as representative of the character as much as Kevin Conroy/Batman, Mark Hamill/Joker, Clancy Brown/Lex Luthor to me.

Yeah, as someone who was broke as fuck and couldn't legally read comic runs

A lot of my original ideas came from great portrayals in TV shows or movies, Cyborg was my boy.

He ain't shit to me now though, especially not in this JL movie. No siree

Loxley

In lighter/distracting news, this is cute

DFhnDpbXcAAAHQA.jpg

This just makes me even more sad that Justice League & JLU are leaving Netflix ;_;

I think this picture pretty much sums up what Ninjimbo is talking about. It probably shouldn't matter, but reading this kind of junk still irks me.

8FvDvb5.png

They're the same trailer in tone and style. Whedon likely didn't touch that trailer at all. That's just weird nonsense.

Penguin

I was always curious why they didn't have Aquaman be a bigger character in JL/JLU, and the design change to Peter David Aquaman.

BirySUp.gif

I feel like some Aquaman project was in the works... maybe the Smallville spin-off? One of the reasons he just disappears after season 1 of JLU

Ashhong

They're the same trailer in tone and style. Whedon likely didn't touch that trailer at all. That's just weird nonsense.

That's exactly the point though haha. Nonsense but driven by some weird fanboy/agenda. Obviously it won't be everyone saying it, but come on, there are already people saying similar things on GAF. It comes with the territory though, nobody will know for sure who did what.

Neophant

I think this picture pretty much sums up what Ninjimbo is talking about. It probably shouldn't matter, but reading this kind of junk still irks me.

8FvDvb5.png

The funny thing is that since I've been on GAF there's been very little reason to look at those sites at all in the first place. And that might be a part of the reason why writers and bloggers need to make those type of headlines.

That's exactly the point though haha. Nonsense but driven by some weird fanboy/agenda. Obviously it won't be everyone saying it, but come on, there are already people saying similar things on GAF. It comes with the territory though, nobody will know for sure who did what.

I mean, but bad, contradictory takes are true of everything.

Even if there was a color grading change, I'd attribute that more time with the overall footage of the film, not folks taking something away from Snyder.

MisterHero

Snyder when he seen that they color corrected that Wonder Woman scene:

giphy.gif

I don't know how much they can get doing that. I think her costume is like that because it's been used/unused for 100 years

But hey, I'm all for more color like that Alex Ross-style poster.

Penguin said:
I feel like some Aquaman project was in the works... maybe the Smallville spin-off? One of the reasons he just disappears after season 1 of JLU
Justin Hartley (Smallville Oliver Queen) did an Aquaman pilot but I didn't realize it was that far back. o_o

LionPride

Banned
I don't know how much they can get doing that. I think her costume is like that because it's been used/unused for 100 years

But hey, I'm all for more color like that Alex Ross-style poster.

Justin Hartley (Smallville Oliver Queen) did an Aquaman pilot but I didn't realize it was that far back. o_o
Justin Hartley is 100% more known for This is Us at this point

Thank Lordt

ReiGun

If you read the thread in OT... there's a bunch of people already saying unless your a DC fanboy, you'll credit Whedon if it's good...

Which has me like, huh?

People claim DCEU-Gaf has a persecution complex, and it is true to an extent. But the way some people in the OT seem to only participate in DC film threads to either antagonize members of that group or grind their bizarrely personal axes with a film director is just as weird as thinking Marvel is buying off reviewers.

LionPride

Banned
People claim DCEU-Gaf has a persecution complex, and it is true to an extent. But the way some people in the OT seem to only participate in DC film threads to either antagonize members of that group or grind their bizarrely personal axes with a film director is just as weird as thinking Marvel is buying off reviewers.
People in DCEU-Gaf have a bit of a complex, some people in Marvel-Gaf have issues too sometimes where they just wanna antagonize yall

Now sure, there are three or four members who regularly participate in this thread who are just awful in OT and here, but for the most part yall are chill

OT people are just a fuckin hodgepodge of dumbassery

I dunno. Don't see a reason to get bothered by it. It's mostly folks trying and failing to be snarky in lieu of having anything interesting to say. gaf has so many members and most are cool and have actual personalities and perspectives that you can ignore all that nonsense.

edit: responding to below. The Snyder hate is kind of a creep show. But again it just reflects poorly on the people posting that stuff.

ReiGun

People in DCEU-Gaf have a bit of a complex, some people in Marvel-Gaf have issues too sometimes where they just wanna antagonize yall

Now sure, there are three or four members who regularly participate in this thread who are just awful in OT and here, but for the most part yall are chill

OT people are just a fuckin hodgepodge of dumbassery

Right, that's my whole point. OT threads on both Marvel and DC movies have gotten really dumb and borderline unreadable because people are too invested in this shit. Even Marvel-Gaf has gotten old because so many of them refuse to hear any criticism of Marvel's films and the constant trolling of other superhero films.

But I find the Synder hate has gotten particularly tiresome no matter what side of the fence you wanna claim to be on. Some people really seem to have a personal vendetta against a guy whose biggest crime is....making some movies they don't like? That's weird as hell to me. I don't like Tyler Perry movies, but I also don't have this seething hatred for the man. I just...don't go see his movies.

I'm certainly not scouring news reports to try and remove any possible positive influence he may have on films he worked on to keep up the idea that he's some kind movie devil. lol

LionPride

Banned
People just want this shit to fail

Like, in the IW trailer thread, there were teo fuckers saying "Why didn't marvel just release this to chop JL at the knees?!"

Shit ain't that deep of a competition to anyone but nerds who need to feel validation by this shit

Neophant

It's one thing to want to obsess and talk about something incessantly because you like it and hope to have a discussion about It, it's another thing to have an obsession about how much you hate that something and won't stop wanting to talk about how much you do to those who want that discourse. I understand it's a two way street, but one half of the road is at least understandable despite how often you drive on it.

LionPride

Banned
It's one thing to want to obsess and talk about something incessantly because you like it and hope to have a discussion about It, it's another thing to have an obsession about how much you hate that something and won't stop wanting to talk about how much you do to those who want that discourse. I understand it's a two way street, but one half of the road is at least understandable despite how often you drive on it.
I have my own spots with this

Most notably X-Men films and the Raimi Spider-Man movies but if it's all positive discourse bout em, I'll just say my peace bout em and if anyone disagrees(which tends to happen) depending on who it is, I'll discuss my likes and dislikes bout em

shingi70

Banned

Like, in the IW trailer thread, there were teo fuckers saying "Why didn't marvel just release this to chop JL at the knees?!"

Shit ain't that deep of a competition to anyone but nerds who need to feel validation by this shit

That's he funny thing fanboys are pumping about wanting one to win , while Johns and Feige put out a video talking about the time they took a road trip together when they were younger.

People only participate most threads to grind personal axes. Some only notice it about DC because that's what you care about primarily.

People feasted on Iron Fist. Rogue One's thread is 70% about how The Force Awakens sucks, while the Force Awakens thread was about shitting on the prequels. Half of Homecoming threads are Raimi films. Marvel thread are now half about boring cinematographer and the NO STAKES joke. The Alien Covenant thread is a hatefest past a certain point. Ghostbusters was an unmitigated shitshow for every goddamn thread. Ghost in the Shell. Warcraft.

Sure, you have largely positive threads, but those are usually the dedicate threads for long-running shows: Game of Thrones, Attack on Titan, Terrace House, etc.

Which is to say, it'll be okay. There's no straight up "GAF" concensus on pop culture stuff. Folks got opinions. Sometimes your opinion is in the majority, sometimes it's not. None are without sin and all that.

LionPride

Banned
That's he funny thing fanboys are pumping about wanting one to win , while Johns and Feige put out a video talking about the time they took a road trip together when they were younger.
Like, people really think everyone is Vince McMahon and that the heads wanna see each other fail...

No. That's not how it works at all

Funny thing there is trying to make a competition over Thor Ragnarok and Justice League trailer views, both ~20 Million in a day with Thor ahead... then you look at the other trailers from SDCC sitting at 3 Million.

Or like, I'm sure Marvel Studios is reeling from only making $387M from GotG2 instead of the $389M+ of Wonder Woman.

It's mind boggling that both can be and are successful.

a916

Yeah, there's an obvious one that comes to mind... I believe a few including me have called him/her out on it. Ironically has a Batman icon lol

ReiGun

People only participate most threads to grind personal axes. Some only notice it about DC because that's what you care about primarily.

People feasted on Iron Fist. Rogue One's thread is 70% about how The Force Awakens sucks, while the Force Awakens thread was about shitting on the prequels. Half of Homecoming threads are Raimi films. Marvel thread are now half about boring cinematographer and the NO STAKES joke. The Alien Covenant thread is a hatefest past a certain point. Ghostbusters was an unmitigated shitshow for every goddamn thread. Ghost in the Shell. Warcraft.

Sure, you have largely positive threads, but those are usually the dedicate threads for long-running shows: Game of Thrones, Attack on Titan, Terrace House, etc.

Which is to say, it'll be okay. There's no straight up "GAF" concensus on pop culture stuff. Folks got opinions. Sometimes your opinion is in the majority, sometimes it's not. None are without sin and all that.
But my issue isn't really that "people have opinions." I know people have opinions. I don't even mind people having largely negative opinions nor hate threads. I'm more weary of all the persecution complexes on all sides and the need to prove you're the smartest boy in the room by being the most negative or the most snarky or most dismissive. It all feels more performative than anything, and often drowns out attempts at genuine conversation.

But I mean, if y'all like it, I love it. *shrug* It's part of the reason I don't post as much and prefer to just lurk now. So I guess I already made my choice and now I'm just ranting lol.

Like, people really think everyone is Vince McMahon and that the heads wanna see each other fail...

No. That's not how it works at all
I wish these companies were like Vince and Ted back in the Monday Night War days. That's be infinitely more entertaining than watching fans play out this imaginary war in their heads while Feige and Synder and the rest pose for pictures together and count up their money.

LionPride

Banned
I made my wisest decision by not responding to a few posters who I regularly see say some dumb shit or shit that just annoys me, not put them on ignore but just not respond to them ever

BadAss2961

Still, no one is more easily baited than MCU-Gaf.

This community on the other hand is used to dealing with crisis.

I wish these companies were like Vince and Ted back in the Monday Night War days. That's be infinitely more entertaining than watching fans play out this imaginary war in their heads while Feige and Synder and the rest pose for pictures together and count up their money.

I love the fact that motherfuckers think this is some blood war, and Johns and Feige are bros.

Top Bottom