• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mormon/Ex-Mormon Thread of 3 hour blocks and salvation flowcharts

Furyous

Been at work all day. What's the word on general conference? Caught some of Elder Rasband and Elder Andersen's talks. Elder Rasband implored people to remain in the church and stand with leaders even if they disagree with policy.

Elder Andersen's talk asked members to be less judgemental towards converts that do not come from church appropriate environments with two straight parents and family.

I missed everyone else's talks. What did I miss and what are your thoughts on this conference thus far?

alejob

What about this new story about this girl that got raped.

Apparently she is being accused of breaking the Honor code at BYU because, if understand it correctly, she had sex. Now she is not allowed to register at school.

I've heard stories of people losing there jobs at some of the churches branches because they got divorced.

Kick'em while they are down!

Furyous

Apparently she is being accused of breaking the Honor code at BYU because, if understand it correctly, she had sex. Now she is not allowed to register at school.

I've heard stories of people losing there jobs at some of the churches branches because they got divorced.

That's not even the worst part of it. Allegedly the guy that took this illegal action was found innocent of wrongdoing for leaking the record. The school's stance on this issue basically amounted to saying screw the investigation this is an honor code investigation. Now the school is in danger of losing Title 11 status.

--

Is there a crisis in the church? The married and family wards are now merged. They're kicking people over 30 out of single's wards left and right. This naturally creates pandemonium as people struggle to grasp this scenario. I'm saddened by this as it puts me in a really precarious position. My time in the church was decent for a bit but lonely as it winds down. On the other hand, I refuse to attend church in a ward with married people and children running around during meetings. I need fellowship from people facing the same temptations as me not a bunch of married people.

If the church is losing numbers this strict adherence to rules is the reason why.

I mean this is the same state that let a bunch of players accused of gang rape off because losing their scholarships was punishment enough. So yeah.

Edit: Crap it took me 3 tries to find the right rape scandal, there are so many of them at BYU it is impossible to keep track. Oh wait, no I guess it was the same one I thought of just a better article on it.

A decade ago 90% of rapes at BYU were not reported to police.

Top Bottom