• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Watching this US squad play, I'm really missing some of the starters and it's clear why some of these guys are on the outside looking in.

Wow, wonder how we'll do.

But if we destory them, I'll just be like the eff didn't we beat Panama then?
oh well, play who's in front of you.

It wasn't too lopsided is all I'm saying.

Bruce clearly hasn't moved on. I never really rated Zardes, even during his peak.

He's got flashes, but that's just not enough at this point. This is probably his last go if he doesn't settle in and start helping change the game.

Mory Dunz

wtf arriola?
He hasn't impressed me these few games either.

Bruce clearly hasn't moved on. I never really rated Zardes, even during his peak.

There was a short period of time where you couldn't argue with the results he was getting, someway somehow. Assists, making things happen.

But even at his peak, the passing and ball control were always subpar.

Give me Pulisic and Nagbe any day.

Edit
That was probably Zardes' most difficult chance, and he caught it the cleanest.

kIdMuScLe

Zardes is dependent on the players around him... he ain't a game changer. The only thing that I like about him is that he is smart on making runs to spread the defense thin but other than that he is serviceable for these kinds of tournaments. Not a World Cup player though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zardes is frustrating, but the attack is practically going through him exclusively. All the most dangerous chances have come through his side of the field, rest of the midfield needs to step up.

they should be better than this.

Edit: oh shit Chuck Blazer died? He was an extremely corrupt piece of shit. But without him US Soccer and MLS wouldn't be where it is today.

Mory Dunz

Zardes is frustrating, but the attack is practically going through him exclusively. All the most dangerous chances have come through his side of the field, rest of the midfield needs to step up.

pretty much sums up zardes for the national team
"he's not playing well....but...he is?"

Mory Dunz

I think it shows how limp the rest of the attack has been.

How the hell does Arriola miss that?

i meant his time with the team in general.

all of our good stuff has come down his side....
but the other side has arriola so...
Morrow also seems better offensively then Lichaj

edit:
The eff Hedges? Your stock just dropped.
decent from Morris but should do better.

Meier

Just as I was going to post about how sad I was for Omar that his hair was thinning so badly like all over his head. Nice reaction.

Mory Dunz

um, bruce, we can't lose this game.

and we wasted subs with pontuis and bedoya

edit:

Zardes doing Zardes things. ugly but somehow a result.
Now bring on dwyer

Top Bottom