• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Durden77

If clear tickets provided character xp, that'd be perfect. I don't care about account xp as much but no character xp hurts. At least make it half xp

Yeah, especially since the game pretty much knows how much XP you can gain in every level, I really wish they would work it into clear tickets somehow. Like you said, it's the character XP that hurts the most. They're nearly useless because you don't gain any.

Edit : Got Luke Cage, and the first option I get for upgrading his wristbands is energy attack. Ugh. Makes me not even want to use the character when the options they get don't help them at all.

rexor0717

I've been playing this, it sure is a grind. I'm trying to get my Hulkbuster super buff, but I feel like I'm leaving my other characters in the dust.

Durden77

I've been playing this, it sure is a grind. I'm trying to get my Hulkbuster super buff, but I feel like I'm leaving my other characters in the dust.

The annoying part about Hulkbuster is that you can only get Bios out of chests it seems, so it's going to be really hard ranking it up further.

And yeah, man this game is getting really grindy. I got the Punisher though which I'm happy about, but I've got so many characters to level now it's insane.

rexor0717

The annoying part about Hulkbuster is that you can only get Bios out of chests it seems, so it's going to be really hard ranking it up further.

And yeah, man this game is getting really grindy. I got the Punisher though which I'm happy about, but I've got so many characters to level now it's insane.

Yeah, and I already poured a lot of my gold into leveling up his skills but without being able to rank him up, I feel like its going to be really hard to be effective with only 2 skills going forward. I'll have to move on, cut my losses, and start working on a different character.

This game is grindy as hell, but I love it so.
War Machine for the win~
I want more costumes on the store, though.
The ones on there are pricy as hell.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just downloaded this a few days ago and really have no idea what's going on.

Kill everything!!!

They really don't explain it well. Takes a few days to understand everything, then it's pretty easy. For now, just work your way through the normal missions and, if you can, a handful of elites to start farming characters.

Mindwipe

What's the best way to grind gold? I feel like that's the biggest hindrance but blowing the other currencies on it will bite me in the ass eventually.

BSherrod

Kill everything!!!

They really don't explain it well. Takes a few days to understand everything, then it's pretty easy. For now, just work your way through the normal missions and, if you can, a handful of elites to start farming characters.

Cool, thanks.Should I just blow these gold coins on upgrading the characters or what? I really want to start trying more characters, but I don't even know how to get the biometrics things.

7Y5xalY.png

Roto13

I'm tempted to save around 1000 gems just in case a Ms. Marvel costume ever pops up for Carol Danvers. Am I being unreasonable? (Context: I'm already playing 10 goddamn Arena matches a day so I can unlock her.)

Durden77

I'm tempted to save around 1000 gems just in case a Ms. Marvel costume ever pops up for Carol Danvers. Am I being unreasonable? (Context: I'm already playing 10 goddamn Arena matches a day so I can unlock her.)

One we see what type of costumes they release after these Ultron ones it will be easier to judge what's coming. Hopefully shit like that happens.

I'm still enjoying this game, but the grind is real. Where as I was using my free energy refills everyday, now I haven't in a few. It's just so time consuming and repetitive. Still chipping away at it though. Should get a bit more exciting when I get the Punisher to replace Hulkbuster as my strongest character.

It's also crashing on me much more lately, which is super annoying especially when you lose a daily turn on an elite mission and energy still. Had like 4 crashes today.

Drayco21

Hit a real slowdown period; I just want to play as a bunch of different characters I've unlocked, but grinding levels for them is taking forever so I'm not getting anywhere progression wise. Almost unlocked Venom and Black Cat, though, I'm sure that'll help my problem.

Maybe, but you have damn fine taste.

There's a 1,650 gem pack on sale now that has 50 biometrics for Carol, Venom and Spider-Man. I have ~1K gems, gonna save up to get this as the arena is pretty boring.

Roto13

There's a 1,650 gem pack on sale now that has 50 biometrics for Carol, Venom and Spider-Man. I have ~1K gems, gonna save up to get this as the arena is pretty boring.

That showed up too late to be worth it. (Well, except for the fact that I can use them to level up.) Thanks to this Dimension Chest I just got:

Now I'm only one pull away from finally unlocking her.

Credo

Has arena been busted for anyone else? The only people it lets me challenge are in the top 500, all with their characters near level 40. Refreshing the selections doesn't help either. My highest level team is 33, 32, and 29, so I don't even stand a chance. It's basically an automatic loss every time.

Edit: Never mind. It seems to have been fixed.

Roto13

Finally.

It took two weeks of Arena battles, but I got her. Apparently it takes 80 biometrics to rank her up to four stars, so it will take me at least a month to do that. :p But my other guys are just two stars anyway, so whatever.

Poured every EXP chip I had into her and she only made it to level 22. That ridiculous EXP wall at level 20 is really shitty. The rest of my team is level 30 so she has a grind ahead of her.

EDIT: Here's my current team.

(War Machine is actually two stars now.) I should probably replace Hulkbuster with something because his biometrics are so tough to get. Not sure who, though. Maybe Venom, but that could take a while. I only have four of his 20 biometrics. I have 11 of 20 for Spider-Man, which could be good. Plus he shows up in dimension portals so he could be easier to grind.

Roto13

New daily checkin thing.

Every day, you're offered one free hero you can either accept or reject. If you reject them, you'll be offered another hero the next day. I assume this means that if you accept them, you won't be offered any more heroes.

It actually started before the daily "refresh" at 11 Eastern, so I was offered one before and one after. Vision and Winter Soldier. I have both of those already. I wonder if you get biometrics if you accept a hero you already have.

New daily checkin thing.

Every day, you're offered one free hero you can either accept or reject. If you reject them, you'll be offered another hero the next day. I assume this means that if you accept them, you won't be offered any more heroes.

It actually started before the daily "refresh" at 11 Eastern, so I was offered one before and one after. Vision and Winter Soldier. I have both of those already. I wonder if you get biometrics if you accept a hero you already have.

Probably,I spent my crystals on a new hero a bit back and got a 2nd version of Hawkeye while I already had. The game just gave me 7 Hawk biometrics for compensation so I presume you will get a similar number if you accept a hero you already have on this event.

Durden77

Is anyone getting annoyed when they finish a mission and the game suddenly crashes?

The worst.

Well, this game is rad and all, but I gotta say I'm pretty burnt out on it. They need to add the ability to get XP from clear tickets, or let me "send my heroes out" on missions while I'm away from the game and shit. I just don't have the time or the urge to watch my heroes go through these same missions over and over and over again for a tiny bit of XP anymore. Even if it's on auto-play.

Daredevil flashed up for me today in the Daily giveaway thing, so I took him.

Is anyone getting annoyed when they finish a mission and the game suddenly crashes?

Started playing this game just the other day. This has been annoying me quite a bit - three times now since Saturday and it's always right at the very end of the mission.

Roto13

It's almost as annoying as the fact that I've done five Elite missions and another five or six Dimension Portal missions trying to get the last biometric I need for Spider-Man with no luck.

rexor0717

Finally have all the modes unlocked, hopefully the grind will be a little slower from here on out. Decided on Winter Soldier for one of mains. His early elite mission is pretty easy, so I should be able to rank him up given enough time.

Drayco21

I've already rejected The Vision three different times this event so far.

Guessing it's only 1 star heroes from the sounds of things; hopefully I can get a MODOK if I wait long enough.

Roto13

Someone pull the trigger and accept a hero they already have. I would have taken War Machine today if I knew for sure I'd get some biotics for him.

LuuKyK

Yeah, when does this random giveaway ends? I want to know because I will not wait for the last day and get a character I already have (unless thats not possible).

Get my Hulkbuster tomorrow morning :)

Main team all at level 18 now, just taking it slow and replaying everything so I can upgrade stuff.

Have 6/20 Ultron Biometrics and 4/10 Vision. Pretty hyped to have Vision.

Really don't like this. The tap tap tap to defeat the enemy mechanic is super dull. Reminds me of the Arkham games (I hated that combat with a passion, was basically press X a million times to win)

rexor0717

Oh, good to know.

Wish I'd known that this morning. :p

Seriously, I had Winter Soldier on my first go, and skipped him. I needed those 8!

Really don't like this. The tap tap tap to defeat the enemy mechanic is super dull. Reminds me of the Arkham games (I hated that combat with a passion, was basically press X a million times to win)

Yeah, its pretty straight forward. Kite the bosses around, use the shield between major attacks. Its fun for now, not sure how much longer I'll enjoy it. Sometimes it feels a little unresponsive, and it makes it hard to time some things. Oh well, its free.

Stimpack

lol, I also despised Arkham combat. I'm surprised to find that I'm not the only one!

At any rate, I feel off the MFF wagon about a week ago. It had no lasting appeal.

Roto13

Well, this game is a huge grind and 95% of the time I'm just on Auto+ so whatever.

I do kind of not like playing the game manually when I have to, though. And yes, Arkham combat is garbage, even though that's not what this is. :p

Roto13

Ok, serious question. Does the drop rate for biometrics plummet as soon as you raise a hero to two stars? Because ever since I got Spider-Man (two stars by default) and raised War Machine to two stars, their biometrics just aren't dropping any more and it really does seem like there's some bullshit going on. I do one Elite daily for each of them every day and I have gotten four War Machine biometrics in the past week or so and none for Spider-MAn in the past few days. Today I didn't get any for either of them. This isn't even counting all of the Dimension Rift stages I've done for Spider-Man that have given me nothing. Unlocking War Machine in the first place took about five minutes and aside from the last couple I needed for ranking him up to 2 stars, I was getting 2 or 3 biometrics for him a day. The last couple of Spider-Man biometrics also took forever to find.

I really think there's shady something going on here.

Xenocthul

I don't think the drop rate for biometrics changes after you rank up a hero. In my case I've been finding biometrics for my rank 3 Spider-Man and Venom pretty easily but I've been struggling to get enough biometrics to get my Green Goblin and War Machine up to rank 2.

commish

My account still can't log in. Just crashes immediately. I know it's a known bug and being worked on... but it's things like this that cause me to get over a game and move on. We will see how long it takes to get fixed.

commish

Reinstalling fixed the issue. I am back! Wasted a bunch of energy and team XP yesterday but that's okay. Needed a break :)

I have 3400 crystals saved up and already bought Journalistic Integrity and Created Ones. I really want this sale to end so we can potentially get different packages. I really want an all female team like Dangerous Women (Black Cat, Elektra, Black Widow), Black, White and Black (Black Widow, Sharon Carter, Black Cat), or Shield Divas (Black Widow, Mockingbird, Sharon Carter). I know you can farm Shield Divas and am currently doing so, but wouldn't mind the 50 biometric boost!

mreddie

The game also has Pad Controls ala A stick and buttons.

CGHasrWUYAERHAC.jpg:large

Finally...

rexor0717

I just hope they give us some way of getting hulkbuster bios. I know the event is still going on, but it would suck to never be able to rank him up. Before I knew whats what, I poured everything into him.
facepalm.gif

mreddie

Yeah, I don't get why after we get the Buster, we get no bios. Seems really cheap to me. And word has it, next week we might get the Guardians update.

Top Bottom