• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Mairu

So what am I supposed to do in Destiny 2 to progress when I'm at 265 light level? I don't have a regular group to do raids with, and I've never tried to do Nightfall from the playlist... (or do you need a full group for that anyways?). It seems like if I'm doing heroic public events the engrams I get are all 265, and I don't really get much enjoyment out of Crucible/PvP...

Just started playing a couple weeks ago so I'm a bit behind. Appreciate the insight.

ramyeon

So what am I supposed to do in Destiny 2 to progress when I'm at 265 light level? I don't have a regular group to do raids with, and I've never tried to do Nightfall from the playlist... (or do you need a full group for that anyways?). It seems like if I'm doing heroic public events the engrams I get are all 265, and I don't really get much enjoyment out of Crucible/PvP...

Just started playing a couple weeks ago so I'm a bit behind. Appreciate the insight.
Do the exotic quests for MIDA/Sturm/Rat King.

Complete Milestones every week for Powerful Engrams.

Do the Raid.

Do all of your milestones each week. Join a clan if you haven't. Nightfalls help a bunch. And raid it up. Public events won't give you as much anymore, but still good once you get all of your gear past that 265 hump.

Mindlog

The most important thing to do post 265 is join a clan. There are plenty of clans in the recruiting thread with open recruiting. Most of them don't bite, but I can't vouch for all of them.

I'm down for Prestige NFs if anyone needs them. Going to be fartin' around the solar system for a bit. Was thinking about going for the Warlock IB chest one last time, but I have the Trials one so nyaaaaaaaaah.

The most important thing to do post 265 is join a clan. There are plenty of clans in the recruiting thread with open recruiting. Most of them don't bite, but I can't vouch for all of them.

I'm own for Prestige NFs if anyone needs them. Going to be fartin' around the solar system for a bit. Was thinking about going for the Warlock IB chest one last time, but I have the Trials one so nyaaaaaaaaah.
I'll be on in one moment if you don't mind, but I don't have very long unfortunately. Gotta make supper soon :)

Guppeth

I hit 305 without doing the NF or raid. Just play and you will get occasional exotics that help. Make sure you do the flashpoint and clan XP (join a clan if you haven't) milestones every week. Do the Crucible milestone if you can stomach it, it really doesn't take that long. The milestones will reset tomorrow and if you do them your level will go up quite a bit.

If you're in a clan that gets stuff done, you'll get some high power legendaries for free every week too.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Check this out to see what you may or may not know about: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250202078&postcount=15155

The exotic quests will help a lot if you haven't done them.

Since a reset is tomorrow, if you are able to play tonight I would try and get the Nightfall and a Castellum done. You can select Guided Games for the Nightfall to be matched with a guide, but I highly suggest posting in this thread or the Discord or both to try and find groups with your fellow DGAF.

Also, if you join a Clan by the reset, you'll get access to whatever engrams your clan earns next week.

timnich

Is Nameless Midnight a good scout rifle? I'm considering infusing into my Mida to boost my PL (NM has a higher level, Mida has kinetic mod which I can't seem to get more of), but I've been burned before when dismantling legendaries.

Foxxsoxx

Is Nameless Midnight a good scout rifle? I'm considering infusing into my Mida to boost my PL (NM has a higher level, Mida has kinetic mod which I can't seem to get more of), but I've been burned before when dismantling legendaries.

For PVE it is the best in the game.

Zereta

My man.

My MAN.

Nameless Midnight is the hottest Scout Rifle.

My man.

timnich

Stepping out for a few, I'll be back home & logged in by 8 CST. I've got at least one other person who's free, possibly others if needed when the time comes.

It's arguably THE scout rifle. Don't trash it.

For PVE it is the best in the game.

My man.

My MAN.

Nameless Midnight is the hottest Scout Rifle.

My man.
LOL got it! Definitely not trashing it in that case.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
killersense
bach150
XChildofhateX
(and Kyne I spose)

If you see this and you are around to grab your Key chests from the raid, quote this post or PM me. Otherwise I will see if I can find you after the Calus clear with Saint tonight.
I hate IB at this point, but think I'm going to have to head back in there for a few hours. I need that chest.
Just wait until next time and maybe the system will have been altered. Don't force yourself to do things you hate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Running chest keys now for about 40 mins. Anyone who has chest keys from the raid who wants to get them before reset, feel free to join up.

sense

killersense
bach150
XChildofhateX
(and Kyne I spose)

If you see this and you are around to grab your Key chests from the raid, quote this post or PM me. Otherwise I will see if I can find you after the Calus clear with Saint tonight.
Hi. Thanks for the raid yesterday. Was good fun. When is this? Should be free in about an hour

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
He only had 300 engrams for the first day of IB, which seems like it was a bug/mistake now in retrospect since they never popped up again.
No. He has had them a few more times throughout the week and nearly constantly today.
Dumb that IB is useless for raising PL in this.
That's fair enough though, since you need to be base level 300 regardless.

ramyeon

No. He has had them a few more times throughout the week and nearly constantly today.

That's fair enough though, since you need to be base level 300 regardless.
Oh okay, weird that I'd heard reports it only happened once.

One of the best parts of IB in D1 was using it as a way to raise LL before I had a close raiding party.

Olengie

thank you so much!

i'm checking it now

*edit, nope,. it give me 294s

you only get 300s if youre 305 LL with mods / 300 LL w/o mods

EDIT: Finally got another 300 Scout Rifle guys. Now I can infuse it into SR4. Now I have Nameless Midnight and the SR4 at 305.

_Legacy_

Just a heads up, all of my engrams right now from IB dropped at 300. Got my 7th helmet, no legs or gauntlets. Did get the auto rifle though.

I've had around 40 engrams total and only got 3 unique gear drops including the Titan mark, total bullshit. Half of my engrams were either the IB fusion rifle, helmet or the sidearm. One time I got the helmet three times in a row.

Fuck Bungie for thinking this stupid system was ok. I appreciate a grind but not when I'm rewarded with random shit and non-IB weapons/gear.

They better fix this shit when it's back.

So I keep reading on Reddit about people going back to D1 and I have been thinking about checking it out so was looking at my last loadout on my Warlock and it got me thinking:
Why the hell did Bungie change Triple Tap? It used to be 3 rapid shots got you 1 free bullet from the aether, now its from your reserves.
I guess that lines up with dragonfly being an inferior firefly for D1 to D2 reduction in perk quality. *sigh*

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I keep reading on Reddit about people going back to D1 and I have been thinking about checking it out so was looking at my last loadout on my Warlock and it got me thinking:
Why the hell did Bungie change Triple Tap? It used to be 3 rapid shots got you 1 free bullet from the aether, now its from your reserves.
I guess that lines up with dragonfly being an inferior firefly for D1 to D2 reduction in perk quality. *sigh*

They nerfed a lot of old perks. The whole game is nerfed. If they are going to keep things the same at least bring back movement and such of D1.

They nerfed a lot of old perks. The whole game is nerfed. If they are going to keep things the same at least bring back movement and such of D1.

The triple tap thing is so weird. Was it something truly broken that needed to be nerfed like that? Same with dragonfly. It use to be awesome seeing that explosion and it was great for crowd control. Now its basically "oh hey that mob tickled the mob standing right next to it while it dissolved." As for armor, I dont know what any of the perks do right now for me, whereas I knew what the stat impacts were in D1. Maybe that is my fault, or maybe since armor is heavily weighted into a specific perk depending on the class AND none of it affects my abilities, I'm not really interested? I miss the Tier 12 chase (and that grind was helpfully reduced by VENDORS WHO ACTUALLY SELL GEAR).

I am also still waiting on when my 6th IB GL will be exciting Luke. You mentioned it before launch and keep promising that something is going to happen. You knew this was going to be a thing well in advance and all I hear is "we have ideas." There isnt even much to use the shards on to even make THAT aspect exciting.

Olengie

Saladin likes to give me the terrible Grenade Launcher. I got about 7 from him. I would like it a lot more if it got proximity detonation and not the stupid bouncy detonation

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Opening up my own Pike rental shop. 1000 glimmer an hour.

ytiuyiuyiuy.png

Fjordson

Just wait until next time and maybe the system will have been altered. Don't force yourself to do things you hate.
You’re probably right. But when these sorts of events come back is it different gear? Didn’t play D1, so this is my first experience with IB. I just love the look of the Warlock chest.

ramyeon

You’re probably right. But when these sorts of events come back is it different gear? Didn’t play D1, so this is my first experience with IB. I just love the look of the Warlock chest.
It'll have the same gear for the whole of Season 1. We don't know when this ends yet, but I wouldn't expect it to be anytime soon.

Top Bottom