• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse: Son of Rome |OT| Are You Not Entertained?!

iDIMA88sK5Pg8.gif

You guys....HOLY SHIT!

ibkaVH6TcVv0tT.gif

ibjSynFDdwIAKz.gif

iRYSTylLISrou.gif

ryse_spike_by_raziel1992-d6ud6ni.gif

Kajiba

Wait what? It's pictured achievements now? I like what I see with ryse if thats how it's going to be now. Screens look good.

Apparently you can play the digital version of Ryse after the download gets to just 3%.

Guy took down the video of him downloading the game but he posted a UI screen and you can see the progress is pretty small

KXySztmh.jpg

for reference this is Ghosts installing

XBOa.png

Apparently you can play the digital version of Ryse after the download gets to just 3%.

Guy took down the video of him downloading the game but he posted a UI screen and you can see the progress is pretty small

KXySztmh.jpg

XBOa.png

Did he say 3% in his video that he took down? Progress looks to be about 25% there.

Just curious, good news either way that when a game is ready to play is based on each games requirements.

Alx

Achievement screens

I didn't even know there was such a thing as achievement screens. Cool idea (provided they don't slow down the achievement loading). The ones above are pretty, but I hope the studios will make funny/crazy ones in the appropriate games. Dead Rising has potential for that. :)

*Ryse pic*

*Cod pic*

Seems like you need to design your game around it kinda like how guerrilla engineer did it with KZ:SF. IW being IW probably didn't do shit about it.

Did he say 3% in his video that he took down? Progress looks to be about 25% there.

Just curious, good news either way that when a game is ready to play is based on each games requirements.

He posted that shot a little while after the download video.

Seems like you need to design your game around it kinda like how guerrilla engineer did it with KZ:SF. IW being IW probably didn't do shit about it.

That's true. Ghosts is a complete disaster techincally

CFtiger1127

Neo Member
I know there is no shortage of opinions to go around for Ryse but from the day it was unveiled it has been atop my and my wife's most anticipated list. The graphics, story and presentation look top notch. The countdown is on!

KXySztmh.jpg

XBOa.png

Wait, so the guy's X1 is back online? Has he posted any more vids, etc of the UI, XBL in action and so on?

He posted that shot a little while after the download video.

That's true. Ghosts is a complete disaster techincally

Impeccable's gonna be pissed...Nah, you're alright Impec...

If developers can have pictures (any pictures) as backgrounds for each achievement, that's a very clever way to interest people like me, who despise achievements and trophies.

Marvel

could never
Interesting that Ryse only appears to have 1k achievements and that they are all unlocked there...

I believe a few members of Microsoft staff have been hammering Ryse and enjoying it. I wouldn't be surprised that one of them would have the 1000K so early :D

Nemesis_

Why is it interesting that Ryse only has 1000 points? Aren't all games that, or have they increased it for Xbox One?

golem

Yeah NBA 2k14 on PS4 only allows me to play a demo game of the Heat vs the Spurs until the full thing is installed. No voice commentary or sideline reports or anything.

Interesting that Ryse only appears to have 1k achievements and that they are all unlocked there...

Pretty sure that was posted by an Mike Ybarra (Partner studio manager at Microsoft Studios) who has been playing a lot of the game so not unreasonable to think he has just unlocked them all.

What is interesting is that the game appears to have 59 achievements, I thought it was 50 max for the base game still?

anthonyOA

The combat video was the most impressive thing to me. Love that the shield can be used to attack. The expressions are amazing too.

Green Yoshi

A German gaming journalist claims that Ryse offers microtransactions, just like Forza 5. Is that true?

Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but I don't want any microtransactions in a full price game!

jem0208

A German gaming journalist claims that Ryse offers microtransactions, just like Forza 5. Is that true?

Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but I don't want any microtransactions in a full price game!

Yes it does, for the multiplayer. However, note that it's all unlockable without paying and the multiplayer is co-op so you won't be able to pay to beat other players. There's also a tier system in place so you can't get the best stuff right off the bat.

Here's an article on it: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ansactions-theres-nothing-sinister-we-promise

Just gunna put this here...
87da89f9c2d4b84c452492a0e94a0528-d6safj3.gif

Top Bottom