• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

You know what did that car in for me? The axles. They are very visible and like a bronze color. I really couldn't get used to it.

Not a huge fan of the windshield either. I honestly think from an aesthetic viewpoint no car will be more perfect for me than the dominus.

I know what you mean, those little details can make or break it totally. I actually really like the Dominus for it's clean aesthetic, but I have a really odd peeve with it. I much prefer the looks of the GT, but I playlike crap with it compared to the standard. I dunno why, but something about the shape of the front just doesn't gel with me and I miss my angles a lot.

Edit: Looks like I'll be getting that Mantis shortly. At 33 keys right now. Happy to do 30 but tbh with the speed they're still falling at I might wait it out a little longer.

Dipship31

After 1100+ hours this has definitely been my best goal yet:

AppropriateTornAmphibian-size_restricted.gif

https://vimeo.com/219340782

https://gfycat.com/AppropriateTornAmphibian

Grinchy

Banned
Why do people so often put their trades up wrong on trading sites? They put it up backwards. They'll say they have something and want keys, then you contact them and they say you read it wrong.

Why do people so often put their trades up wrong on trading sites? They put it up backwards. They'll say they have something and want keys, then you contact them and they say you read it wrong.

What pisses me off is the ones who add you having read your trade in reverse despite you being the one using the correct order, then accuse you of posting it wrong instead of even double checking on the site to confirm their own error.

Or the ones that add you and demand a lower price, then call you a scammer and threaten to get you banned since they have the entirely innocent exchange recording...

Oh and the ones that claim to be certain streamers and beg you for your gear free for a giveaway and that they'll give you something much better after the giveaway.

I really do wonder how dumb some of these people are.

What pisses me off is the ones who add you having read your trade in reverse despite you being the one using the correct order, then accuse you of posting it wrong instead of even double checking on the site to confirm their own error.

Or the ones that add you and demand a lower price, then call you a scammer and threaten to get you banned since they have the entirely innocent exchange recording...

Oh and the ones that claim to be certain streamers and beg you for your gear free for a giveaway and that they'll give you something much better after the giveaway.

I really do wonder how dumb some of these people are.

My favorite is when you post something looking for JUST keys, and have a specific amount even one below the market standard. Someone adds you and offers a mismatch of random crap. You say you want keys and then they lowball you hard core. That's frustrating.

Caved and bought a purple mantis. Gotta admit I'm surprisingly happy with it. Works fine on both teams with green/yellow. Now I'm stuck though. I don't know whether I should get the white mantis as well or get some purple draco's to go with my new loadout. My only concern is if the Draco's will look like crap with standard decals as I cashed my BM's out before the big price crash. I'm one of those real fussy bastards too that looks at my wheels and thinks "well the exotics look nice...but the Sunbursts color is a much closer match".

I think that's why I've taken to painted cars over wheels actually.

Caved and bought a purple mantis. Gotta admit I'm surprisingly happy with it. Works fine on both teams with green/yellow. Now I'm stuck though. I don't know whether I should get the white mantis as well or get some purple draco's to go with my new loadout. My only concern is if the Draco's will look like crap with standard decals as I cashed my BM's out before the big price crash. I'm one of those real fussy bastards too that looks at my wheels and thinks "well the exotics look nice...but the Sunbursts color is a much closer match".

I think that's why I've taken to painted cars over wheels actually.

White zombas are climbing again and white dracos are dropping.

White dracos are at 140 max and zombas are climbing back up over 100. When they retire the PPC crates Zombas should shoot up even more.

White zombas are climbing again and white dracos are dropping.

White dracos are at 140 max and zombas are climbing back up over 100. When they retire the PPC crates Zombas should shoot up even more.

Oh that's interesting! I wonder if it's because the Draco are a little plain outside of the treads. I'll be keeping an eye on Draco prices and wait it out until they stabilize a bit then.

Oh that's interesting! I wonder if it's because the Draco are a little plain outside of the treads. I'll be keeping an eye on Draco prices and wait it out until they stabilize a bit then.

I don't think are going to crash absurdly but them being new and having a new type of tread really carried them for awhile. Might i suggest Gray ones which look very similar but not as vibrant. But the price difference is over 100 keys,

Link

Finally hit Diamond 1 in 1s which is a pretty big achievement for me. Now I'm scared to touch the playlist, haha.

1s is a really fun mode to improve in but when you have a bad day it'll push you to your mental limit.

I don't think are going to crash absurdly but them being new and having a new type of tread really carried them for awhile. Might i suggest Gray ones which look very similar but not as vibrant. But the price difference is over 100 keys,

Link

Yeah I doubt they'll drop too much and figure they will be one of the most popular for a while now. I've been thinking about greys actually. Did the same thing with Kalos. The white Mantis looks sweet btw. Just curious, how much did you nab it for? I was gonna hold out for one but but the price stalled in the last few days.

Yeah I doubt they'll drop too much and figure they will be one of the most popular for a while now. I've been thinking about greys actually. Did the same thing with Kalos. The white Mantis looks sweet btw. Just curious, how much did you nab it for? I was gonna hold out for one but but the price stalled in the last few days.
35. Not sure if I'll keep it or not but wanted to give it a try.

Not bad. How you finding it so far? I'm really into it personally. It's like the batmobile but doesn't flop around half as much.

Honestly feels much better than the dominus. Just the width of it. Also feels like it urns a lot better when handbraking and when you hit the air it just a giant hitbox. It's pretty fun. Wish it had better standard decals though.

Soulflarz

Banned
Finally hit Diamond 1 in 1s which is a pretty big achievement for me. Now I'm scared to touch the playlist, haha.

1s is a really fun mode to improve in but when you have a bad day it'll push you to your mental limit.

Hey, I'm diamond 1

or diamond 3/champ 1

depends :V (only used the second account for placements and kept winning cause was a good day, my main is way lower since i don't instaflick >_>)

1s is a weird playlist.

Honestly feels much better than the dominus. Just the width of it. Also feels like it urns a lot better when handbraking and when you hit the air it just a giant hitbox. It's pretty fun. Wish it had better standard decals though.

Oh the decals. The decals have me triggered! Here's Kaze which is perhaps the best one IMO.

So things are fine here but with Arrowhead or Battleworn suddenly things go drastically wrong!

Psyonix PLZ! XD

Seriously though I've no idea why that's there on two of the decals as it's not even there on the plain version. It's almost as if the decals were made on an early model that still included the silver bit but was never removed from the decalsr. Or a stylistic choice anyway.

I agree the decal choices are a bit boring though. Hopefully we get a good one in the next crate or I may have to look at BM's again.

Oh the decals. The decals have me triggered! Here's Kaze which is perhaps the best one IMO.

So things are fine here but with Arrowhead or Battleworn suddenly things go drastically wrong!

Psyonix PLZ! XD

Seriously though I've no idea why that's there on two of the decals as it's not even there on the plain version. It's almost as if the decals were made on an early model that still included the silver bit but was never removed from the decals. Or a stylistic choice anyway. Also i kind of prefer purple to white. White goes good with zombas but if you want to match the secondary it just makes the car way too white with the current decals.

I agree the decal choices are a bit boring though. Hopefully we get a good one in the next crate or I may have to look at BM's again.

YES! What is that about. I think arrowhead is the best one but it has that gray spot in the back. WTF. Mine is already on the auction block. I'm already used to the dominus and the car just looks a bit too out there for me. It's definitely fun though.

Hey, I'm diamond 1

or diamond 3/champ 1

depends :V (only used the second account for placements and kept winning cause was a good day, my main is way lower since i don't instaflick >_>)

1s is a weird playlist.
You are as good as the pros I see on Johnny's streams when your game is on, lol. Then again your competition was a little easier than theirs. ;)

YES! What is that about. I think arrowhead is the best one but it has that gray spot in the back. WTF. Mine is already on the auction block. I'm already used to the dominus and the car just looks a bit too out there for me. It's definitely fun though.

I predicted this would happen to me too so I swapped out to the Batmobile before the crate dropped to get myself accustomed to it ready. It is a little wild looking though yeah. I was actually hoping the Batmobile vehicle we would get was gonna look something like a Pagani Zonda or generally a low and sleek supercar but the Endo kinda sank that dream preemptively.

I'll take what I can get though. I've been wanting a batmobile I could paint since March last year!

ErichWK

Hey dude, I made Mantis + the skins. I'm kind of confused what the issue is? Help me out so i can fix it.

Hey dude, I made Mantis + the skins. I'm kind of confused what the issue is? Help me out so i can fix it.
On the first two decals that little gray section sourounding the "tail fin" is gray on the others it's painted the color of the primary. It's not game breaking or anything but it was brought up in the thread and I had noticed it too. Not sure if it was intentional or not.

Unrelated got my self a painted Endo and I don't know I swear this car feels like a perfect marriage between the octane and dominus. It just feels great. I'm not sure if it's placebo or not but I'm liking it a lot. That being said...the back of it...The car is so damn sleek then it look like a microwave was just shoved back there with that yellow color that clashes with everything.The back is pretty universally disliked from what I've read. The car is a work of art I wished the back was a bit sleeker or at the very least did'nt have that bronze color. It would be perfect.

That being said aside from it's butt the car is stunning. I'm pretty obsessive about Fashion League so obviously a lot of this is nitpicky.

On the first two decals that little gray section sourounding the "tail fin" is gray on the others it's painted the color of the primary. It's not game breaking or anything but it was brought up in the thread and I had noticed it too. Not sure if it was intentional or not.

Unrelated got my self a painted Endo and I don't know I swear this car feels like a perfect marriage between the octane and dominus. It just feels great. I'm not sure if it's placebo or not but I'm liking it a lot. That being said...the back of it...The car is so damn sleek then it look like a microwave was just shoved back there with that yellow color that clashes with everything.The back is pretty universally disliked from what I've read. The car is a work of art I wished the back was a bit sleeker or at the very least did'nt have that bronze color. It would be perfect.

That being said aside from it's butt the car is stunning. I'm pretty obsessive about Fashion League so obviously a lot of this is nitpicky.

If it's really a cross between Dominus and Octane, I'm buying tonight. Please confirm.

If it's really a cross between Dominus and Octane, I'm buying tonight. Please confirm.

I know it's slightly shorter than the dominus in length and taller hitbox wise but not by much. Most people will call it a Dominus clone but it feels better to me. I'm bad with gauging this stuff so it could just be placebo. This was said by a pro RLCS player so he's probably a better judge.

When I used it it felt like it was a little bit shorter in length and a little bit taller in height than Dominus which is my dream hitbox.

I'd second the opinion of it feeling like a cross between Octane and Dominus. It's one of my personal favs easily. Easiest way would be pick up the base version for a key and see if you get on with it first.

If we're gonna get into nitpicky Fashion League talk I have to admit I'd like the Endo a lot more if the front wasn't a point. It just looks weird to me, haha.

Dominus GT is the only car I've used in ages but I'd like to try the Mantis at some point. Anything to avoid indoctrination into the cult of Octane. :)

Here is what I mean about the Endo. I suck at photoshop but perfection would be that yellow rim painted the same color as the car's trim and underside for painted versions. having those two little rings colored instead of bronzed would be fantastic.

okHtCQH.png

Here is what I mean about the Endo. I suck at photoshop but perfection would be that yellow rim painted the same color as the car's trim and underside for painted versions. having those two little rings colored instead of bronzed would be fantastic.

okHtCQH.png

Yeah I gotta agree with that. Having off colour sections like that on painted models is a bit annoying since it breaks up your scheme.

Yeah I gotta agree with that. Having off colour sections like that on painted models is a bit annoying since it breaks up your scheme.

It would honestly make the car perfect. You stare at the back so much and those really just bother me.

If we're gonna get into nitpicky Fashion League talk I have to admit I'd like the Endo a lot more if the front wasn't a point. It just looks weird to me, haha.

Dominus GT is the only car I've used in ages but I'd like to try the Mantis at some point. Anything to avoid indoctrination into the cult of Octane. :)

Yeah rounded out a bit would have been nicer.]

MaximusCrime

Neo Member
In a rather unexpected turn I've been killing it lately with the Merc. After hitting a roof with the breakout in plat 1/2, I've risen straight to daimond 1 with the Merc. I'm playing much more consistent, I guess it's the big nose that does it, it just fits my style.

ErichWK

Oh wow. Yup. I didn't mean to do that. Haha. I'll fix it sooner or later! I'm pretty swamped but when i can I'll do it. Thanks, man!

GIVE DROP PLS

Fan Rewards
Blog Post
rl_fanrewards_image.rJ1oSZ0ZW.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.jpg

Just in time for the RLCS Season Three World Championship, we are teaming up with Twitch to introduce Fan Rewards to Rocket League players on all systems! As part of the Twitch ”Drops" platform, these Limited-drop items include the ”Hustle Brows" and ”Mount Champion" Toppers, ”Apex" and ”Ninja" Wheels, ”Helios" Boost, and official RLCS Decals for all Breakout, Dominus, and Octane body variants. Every Fan Rewards item is tradeable, and will be available FIRST during the World Championship weekend.

How do you sign up for Fan Rewards? Head on over to rewards.rocketleague.com, click the big ”Log in with Twitch," button to authorize your Twitch account, select your platform of choice (PS4, Xbox One, Steam), and you're all set! You can connect all three platform accounts if you own Rocket League on multiple platforms, but only your preferred account (noted by the orange tag next to an account on the Rewards page) will receive the Fan Rewards.

Our Fan Rewards will drop at random during our three-day World Championship stream, and you could receive multiple drops per day. All you need to do to have a chance at a drop is to tune in to twitch.tv/Rocketleague during the live broadcast and watch. If you do receive a Fan Reward, you will be notified the next time you log into Rocket League. Fan Rewards are not guaranteed for every viewer, but the longer you watch, the more chances you have to get these Limited drops.

That topper lol.

and wheels

a dev just confirmed on twitter the decals, wheels, and boost can come painted.

Link
FYI the @RLCS Twitch Decals, Wheels, and Boost can drop as Painted versions and are fully tradable

White decals, White boost, and white a crimson tires are going to be worth so damn much.

This in white will replace Hexphase.
link

Top Bottom