• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh right, yeah I've only really been using it for straight on clears to get that extra bit of height. Anything with much of an angle I figure you probably can't get the power to push it anywhere but forwards and up. I've been trying go for...I dunno sort of a midair flick when trying for a sharper angle and height, but it's only an option with slower moving stuff or if you're travelling the same way as the ball.

Never really tried much of either of these before learning a bit of ground play.

I'm not doing anything for an hour if you wanna play, can probably see it better in game with clears on comms :p Cause theres USUALLY a better option than that, it can work, but it really depends

I'm not doing anything for an hour if you wanna play, can probably see it better in game with clears on comms :p Cause theres USUALLY a better option than that, it can work, but it really depends

Ah crap I only just noticed, sorry man. I had to call it a night then anyway. Maybe we can get a few games in some other time. My skill went to crap the last half hour anyway and did nothing but miss easy balls.

Soulflarz

Banned
Ah crap I only just noticed, sorry man. I had to call it a night then anyway. Maybe we can get a few games in some other time. My skill went to crap the last half hour anyway and did nothing but miss easy balls.

smh

yeah I'm on summer break and just like screwing around in RL soo

edit: TIL pep and I can set up 100 montage shots
we just can't land any of them
we meaning me, but that's just a small detail :V

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I love spending money on keys to open boxes and only getting decals to cars I don't use or have.

Fucking hell this game pisses me off.

Decided to open a nitro since they're selling like crap. I'ts kinda strange, they have the most valuable wheels out there, a painted car, two painted boost, three painted wheels, yet the value didn't hold anywhere near as good as turbo did which had way less valuable contents by comparison.

But hey, painted Hexphase! Yay easy keys! Oh it's pink....I guess I'll just sit on this for a month until I get bored of trying to sell it.

Edit: Holy crap I actually sold it. Now if only I could offload these Pink Ara-51

smh

yeah I'm on summer break and just like screwing around in RL soo

edit: TIL pep and I can set up 100 montage shots
we just can't land any of them
we meaning me, but that's just a small detail :V

To be fair since you guys are on the better side of GC I doubt I'd have been able to keep up XD I can hold my own with some of the GC's but when you get a good one, damn it's a different level.

I love spending money on keys to open boxes and only getting decals to cars I don't use or have.

Fucking hell this game pisses me off.

Open crates for fun. Don't expect anything great. Set a limit on how many crates you'll open and stick to it. Then use your keys to trade for crate items you want.

I open crates very infrequently, but when I do it's more for the anticipation. Yeah, it's a letdown to get a basic decal. But if you don't open too many, you'll know that you have keys reserved to trade for what you want.

People have opened thousands of crates and recorded their percentages. Here are two examples using C1-C4 crates:

A)
Items: 2915
Rare: 54.7%
Very Rare: 27.9%
Import: 12.1%
Exotic: 3.9%
Black Market: 1.3%
Painted Exotic (wheels): 0.55% (16 items out of 2915)

B)
Items: 1500
Rare: 58%
Very Rare: 27.33%
Import: 10.73%
Exotic: 3.4%
Black Market: 0.53%
Painted Exotic (wheels): 0.47% (7 items out of 1500)

Both data sets had the same percentages for painted wheels vs regular wheels in a particular tier. I must say, these were a bit higher than I thought, though it's for any color:
Very Rare wheel: 20% were painted, 80% regular
Exotic wheel: 14% were painted, 86% regular

Sources:
A:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...JgWYM2kz_EgXqtFdNIfOnv0uUc/edit#gid=420232270
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dj9vfkk8lw
B:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14i9Vb9O0_L_ESErzl-WN3oNXiHM3Nnux0mHSJzcuCjU/edit?usp=sharing
https://www.reddit.com/r/RocketLeague/comments/5wr4w0/1500_crate_opening_statistics/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyCeibqEZtg

With those percentages, you can't reasonably expect something really cool. So just open them for fun, but set yourself some limits.

Soulflarz

Banned
To be fair since you guys are on the better side of GC I doubt I'd have been able to keep up XD I can hold my own with some of the GC's but when you get a good one, damn it's a different level.

/shrug

I learned that way
I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I basically hardcleared to the point where I knew what I needed to improve by forcing myself to play with people way better on both sides so my flaws became ridiculously obvious.

Some it'll never click this way, others it will click extremely fast.

/shrug

I learned that way
I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I basically hardcleared to the point where I knew what I needed to improve by forcing myself to play with people way better on both sides so my flaws became ridiculously obvious.

Some it'll never click this way, others it will click extremely fast.

Yeah I got no problem playing with better players, I just don't like being a pain in anyone's ass and I worry I'd be so bad I'd frustrate you guys, especially when I can go from great to crap in an instant. I know realistically you're both chill but it's just a stupid worry lol.

I do seem to play better when with better players though. I wish I could just soft ban myself from unranked for a few weeks to really push myself. I cave to pressure too damn easy and only manage to force myself into maybe 50 ranked matches a season. I really need to just bite the bullet and grind it out like you did I think.

Soulflarz

Banned
shrug
I dunno how I got 'good' (subjectively to some)

I was bad in december I remember

I played a ton
I was awful jan
then jan 14th laz came over right as mccluvin started helping me a ton
jan 17th or so i went back to school
the next week i hit gc, then I spent 2 months working on improving since I actually had a good grasp of what I needed to do-ish

edit: we also all play better w/ good people, cause our flaws look half as bad if someone can largely 1v2 defense.

Everyone plays better with better teammates. When you play with people who all know how to do their "job" in a given situation you are free to actually do your job too vs playing extra defensive / constantly scrambling to cover teammate mistakes.

If you are able to hold your own with high level players you likely belong at their level and just need to improve a weakness / adjust playstyle to allow you to carry yourself there OR preferred solution is to party up and only play with people you know are good to avoid having to carry all together. It's supposed to be a team game after all :)

Yeah I suppose the team mates thing is just nature. It's definitely helping when you get a team mate who can play for more than one, but even just having faith in their defence goes a long way. Plus I feel like I'm obligated to put more thought into each play. Trying to make myself a new rule of no more than 2 unranked matches before heading into ranked now.

Soulflarz was once so bad he was asking me for tips. Now he's way past me.

I'm still waiting on my breakthrough lol. I'm sure many of us here still are XD

At the end of the day it's just about fun anyway, but I know I could be having more fun by being better at it. It's a kinda strange frustration. I don't really get it with other games because it just means a higher kill count etc, but in RL it actually opens up doors to do new things that we all see in RLCS etc.

Soulflarz

Banned
Soulflarz was once so bad he was asking me for tips. Now he's way past me.

WOW
YOU WENT THERE
looool

I remember when I played you in the gaf tournament and we could only kinda aerial so we were getting straight up beat to everything. Koopas could too but our third couldn't really so it was RIP.

Fun times XP we need to playyy

Soulflarz

Banned
/shrug
It's really hard to feel nice about fancy shots that people make no active effort to save, cause all that is is proof I have the mechanical skill to shoot it.
It's why I'm rather consistent at double touches- because I spent 2 months largely going for them against opponents who had no idea how to deal with it, so as long as the shot was on the goal was always guaranteed.

I really only save noting it's a nice shot for when someone does something that's really really hard to read whatsoever or gets great placement- like awkward air drags or powerslide dribbles or stuff.

I'm loving how fast the mantis colors are crashing. It's actually making me tempted to grab one but I just can't settle on a color. Come on white, keep falling! Seem to be having a zero crate day though so no profits to be made :(

Playing like crap too, I wanna go to ranked but I just know I'm gonna tank my way back to golds today.

/shrug
It's really hard to feel nice about fancy shots that people make no active effort to save, cause all that is is proof I have the mechanical skill to shoot it.
It's why I'm rather consistent at double touches- because I spent 2 months largely going for them against opponents who had no idea how to deal with it, so as long as the shot was on the goal was always guaranteed.

I really only save noting it's a nice shot for when someone does something that's really really hard to read whatsoever or gets great placement- like awkward air drags or powerslide dribbles or stuff.
I get it I just have to mess with you about it. :)

"Nice" is relative. What's normal to you may be pretty nuts to me still.

Surprises at RLCS
We are only two weeks away from the RLCS Season Three World Championship, and it is shaping up to be our biggest Championship ever!

Along with ten of the best Rocket League teams from around the world competing for their share of $150,000 in prize money, attendees and viewers will get an exclusive first look at our next major update, releasing this Summer. This update will celebrate Rocket League’s second anniversary as well, and we can’t wait to share it with you and our fans around the world.

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm gonna take a shot every time flarz types /shrug.

take a shot every time I do any of these and you'll die in 5m flat

disjoined sentences with line breaks between them
use of cat noises like nya or :3
be toxic, but only on an alt
refer to something decently difficult as shit defense
"well they were just out of position so that was a free goal"
you're hesitating/they're hesitating/etc
calling myself and everyone else bad at the game because we all are imo

Pepiope

It's 330 AM but I finally got it.

LsceuPT.jpg

Feels so good.

I've never tried batmobile but I've always used dominus over octane so I like flatter cars. I think the mantis might suit me. I'll pick one up soon.

So I know people are going crazy about draco wheels but I'm usually into less flashy stuff so I have my eyes on fireplugs. Sad thing is it seems black doesn't exist for them.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the new boosts compared to colored tachyon? Not sure if it'd be worth trading for a hexphase or something.

Limality

Banned
Pulled out the Mantis out of a Nitro Crate yesterday, didn't realize it was the new car which could only be obtained via crate...love it :D

It's 330 AM but I finally got it.

Feels so good.

Looks swish :D I want the white desperately :( I've almost caved and bought purple a few times now.

Pulled out the Mantis out of a Nitro Crate yesterday, didn't realize it was the new car which could only be obtained via crate...love it :D

This is only a suggestion, but personally if I unboxed it I'd sell it now for about 5-6 keys and buy it back next week or so for 2 or less.

I've never tried batmobile but I've always used dominus over octane so I like flatter cars. I think the mantis might suit me. I'll pick one up soon.

So I know people are going crazy about draco wheels but I'm usually into less flashy stuff so I have my eyes on fireplugs. Sad thing is it seems black doesn't exist for them.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the new boosts compared to colored tachyon? Not sure if it'd be worth trading for a hexphase or something.
Depends on the colors but tachyon seems better for most things. Though I prefer white hexphased much more than tachyon.

julrik

Anyone interested in Neo-Thermal (Titanium White)?

Looking for keys, Mantis, Breakout Type S, Distortion (Octane, Octane ZSR, Breakout Type S) and some cool rims.

Edit: PS4

Sorry, PS4!

Thanks. What's the best way to check what an item is worth? Is RLtracker.pro a decent site for that?

To price check I tend to use

Trade Finder

Then I put my item and see what people try to sell it for and what people try to buy it for. Prices tend to be somewhere in the middle. Looks like neo-thermal is going form 1o-14 keys on PS4.

Aside from reddit and discord this is my favorite trading site.

Link

julrik

To price check I tend to use

Trade Finder

Then I put my item and see what people try to sell it for and what people try to buy it for. Prices tend to be somewhere in the middle. Looks like neo-thermal is going form 1o-14 keys on PS4.

Aside from reddit and discord this is my favorite trading site.

Link
Thanks. According to RLtracker, it's going for 15-16 keys, though.. Hm.. I'll check out the links you gave me. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks. According to RLtracker, it's going for 15-16 keys, though.. Hm.. I'll check out the links you gave me. Thanks for the reply.

Kind of have to get a feel for it. Sellers tend to try and sell very high and buyers low ball. Gotta just see what people list it for and go from there.

Finally got a gaming PC after more than 10 years! Have a Radeon 480 with a freesync 144hz monitor. So I'm playing at 142fps. Wow! Nice one!

It's so buttery smooth it seems slow compared to PS4. Is that just me? I'm consistently trying to hit balls too early because I'm used to the input delay with an HDTV.

Going to take some getting used to but loving the immediacy of the controls. PC players should really give props to PS4 players who are good at aerials and dribbles. It's so much easier with low lag and high frame rates. PC is like EZ mode.

Edit:

Should also mention that I played online last night for the first time on PC. Half of the players were smurfs. This was in casuals. I tried to take it easy knowing I'm essentially a smurf as well, but dudes were flying everywhere.

It was in the middle of the night, so maybe it was just an unusual occurrence. Wonder what Ranked will have in store for me today.

Shantom

Finally got a gaming PC after more than 10 years! Have a Radeon 480 with a freesync 144hz monitor. So I'm playing at 142fps. Wow! Nice one!

It's so buttery smooth it seems slow compared to PS4. Is that just me? I'm consistently trying to hit balls too early because I'm used to the input delay with an HDTV.
This could also be due to you using different camera settings on PC

Soulflarz

Banned
>mfw I can't play with people better than me in ranked unless we both just 1v2 the dribbles because they expect certain things from me

>mfw if we 1v2 dribble we win 7-0 but we both get bored

and this is how i toss 100 points in ranked without caring lmao

1upsuper

Heya. I'm looking to get into this game (PS4) and I was wondering if the Collector's Edition is the best way to go. Also, I'm not too late to jump in, am I? I rarely play multiplayer games.

The smurfing in unranked has really gotten out of hand at this point. About 9 in 10 games of unranked are against a team of 3, two of which are usually expert rank clearly by rank resetting. The match ends the same way every time too. Within a minute both other players on my team leave and I'm left with AI as people cycle infinitely never staying for more than 20 seconds. Or a can leave to and begin the cycle anew.

It's actually making me tempted to just reset my own rank so I can stay out of their damn way for a match once in a while, but then I get the feeling I'll only run into teams where all 3 have reset instead. It's getting to the point where I might just play rumble when I want a few chilled out matches, but that's not the mode I'm actually looking to play :/

Top Bottom