• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
That would just be stupid. I'm a PS4 player but last weekend RL was free to play on PC so I wanted to try it out in higher framerate. And of course I was going to wreck a lot of people while I had a Rookie tag.
But I have to admit, it was fun. There was one Plat 3 match where I was paired with two legends and they immediately started to moan how they are going to lose the match because of me. I scored 5 goals, made some nice saves and we won comfortably. Should I have been banned?
Did you play solo? Without a teammate? Then no.

( I got a little bit angry, because I encountered two smurfs in two matches with a much higher skill level than the rank I played. Everything is okay now. )

I'm from the UK.

Should get a crate drop very soon just hope it's Nitro. I'll grab some lunch and jump on.
Nice. I'm from Germany. I'll add you.

That would just be stupid. I'm a PS4 player but last weekend RL was free to play on PC so I wanted to try it out in higher framerate. And of course I was going to wreck a lot of people while I had a Rookie tag.
But I have to admit, it was fun. There was one Plat 3 match where I was paired with two legends and they immediately started to moan how they are going to lose the match because of me. I scored 5 goals, made some nice saves and we won comfortably. Should I have been banned?

You should have been banned from the Rookie player pool yeah. Your MM from what I can tell still seems to have an effect even in ranked. If you make a new account and go to ranked you'll find semi-pros and pros. On my actual account pros are like a legendary pokemon and semi pros are basically a mew. To be completely honest, I think straight smurf accounts should be banned since there's so damn many of them out there and everyone knows it since all the pros parade around with them. Hell one player had both top spots of the scoreboard in solo last season. It makes ranking pointless when the highest spots are occupied by multiple copies of the same players.

88random

I have a feeling that I really benefit from taking long breaks from this game. Last time I played I played like shit, made a two week break and now I'm goating. I'm getting really close to Diamond.

Btw, what is the point of having multiple lighting, hearts, etc trails when you can't trade them up and nobody would want to trade for the anyway?

neo tokyo looks huge now. and the field looks empty.

Yup, it looks really weird.

Little tip for anyone trying the v sync off thingy, put your fps limiter at 240 fps if you don't already have it around there, it's way less awful on the eyes. This is if you don't have g sync or a 144hz monitor anyway. Anyone reckon RTSS could be used to even out the frame pacing to eliminate the remaining tears? I'm a bit shit with that software to be honest, only ever used it to fix DS3

Ugh every so often I'm reminded of how awful some people are that play this. 30 seconds into a game and I've two saves. Teammate misses an easy save and starts shit talking me and hitting my car away when I'm trying to defend. Ugh.

Ugh every so often I'm reminded of how awful some people are that play this. 30 seconds into a game and I've two saves. Teammate misses an easy save and starts shit talking me and hitting my car away when I'm trying to defend. Ugh.
Last night I got called the n word about 15 times in a match by a guy on the other team. Didn't say a word to him so it was totally unprovoked. Told him he was reported and he just started bragging about how many times he's said it on this account and how nothing has ever happened to him.

Maybe fix your reporting system Psyonix, I dunno.

Soulflarz

Banned
Little tip for anyone trying the v sync off thingy, put your fps limiter at 240 fps if you don't already have it around there, it's way less awful on the eyes. This is if you don't have g sync or a 144hz monitor anyway. Anyone reckon RTSS could be used to even out the frame pacing to eliminate the remaining tears? I'm a bit shit with that software to be honest, only ever used it to fix DS3

Don't do this. You don't notice tearing because it's repeating frames, you're basically creating artificial vsync to offset the tearing.

I mean you can but you're right back where you started.

Last night I got called the n word about 15 times in a match by a guy on the other team. Didn't say a word to him so it was totally unprovoked. Told him he was reported and he just started bragging about how many times he's said it on this account and how nothing has ever happened to him.

As soon as someone starts talking nonsense I mute him then report him after the game. It's honestly the only way to go about it. Don't bother engaging them. They love the attention.

As soon as someone starts talking nonsense I mute him then report him after the game. It's honestly the only way to go about it. Don't bother engaging them. They love the attention.
Please do report people like that. The reason they often don't get consequences is because not enough people are reporting them.

We have statements from Psyonix and evidence from players that people do get banned. Usually they start small and progress longer. Considering Psyonix isn't very good yet at communicating to affected players about their reports and bans, I wouldn't be surprised if offenders didn't even realize they were banned for an hour or a day or whatever. That's something Psyonix really needs to improve on.

Also, it's actually better to report people after the game. Reports contain the chat log up to that point but not after. Thankfully, you can now report people even after they leave.

What's up with these day one nitro crates? people aren't snapping them up at 2 keys

Don't do this. You don't notice tearing because it's repeating frames, you're basically creating artificial vsync to offset the tearing.

I mean you can but you're right back where you started.

Damn, may as well just stick with V sync then. I'd run it without it but it's tearing and stuttering pretty much constantly. I really need a G sync monitor.

Please do report people like that. The reason they often don't get consequences is because not enough people are reporting them.

We have statements from Psyonix and evidence from players that people do get banned. Usually they start small and progress longer. Considering Psyonix isn't very good yet at communicating to affected players about their reports and bans, I wouldn't be surprised if offenders didn't even realize they were banned for an hour or a day or whatever. That's something Psyonix really needs to improve on.

Also, it's actually better to report people after the game. Reports contain the chat log up to that point but not after. Thankfully, you can now report people even after they leave.
I did report him, I always do. I know it's possible for people to get bans but the system is clearly very ineffective in its current state. I'm pretty thick skinned and don't get bothered by much but at some point you can't help but be a little bothered by it.

Get added for a trade with clear prices, tell him the prices, then get sent lists of verbal abuse about my mum and aids. Oh and ofc he's posing as a member of F2 as well yet can't speak English. Y'know what, I remember why I preferred not playing this game anymore. Peace out everyone. I can't be fucked with this awful community any longer even if we have a nice little bubble here at GAF.

Get added for a trade with clear prices, tell him the prices, then get sent lists of verbal abuse about my mum and aids. Oh and ofc he's posing as a member of F2 as well yet can't speak English. Y'know what, I remember why I preferred not playing this game anymore. Peace out everyone. I can't be fucked with this awful community any longer even if we have a nice little bubble here at GAF.
Hate to say it but have fun never playing a multiplayer game again, lol.

That sucks but it's less a RL problem and more of a humanity problem.

Hate to say it but have fun never playing a multiplayer game again, lol.

That sucks but it's less a RL problem and more of a humanity problem.

I play MP games all the time. I've played some super toxic ones a lot too like the survival games that draw in the worst. Rocket League has an extremely shit community. Let's not pretend that I'm the first one to bring this up or that it doesn't make the top of the subreddit on an almost daily basis. Hell the reason I can't be bothered with this shit anymore is purely because there's so many other games with better communities I could be playing.

I play MP games all the time. I've played some super toxic ones a lot too like the survival games that draw in the worst. Rocket League has an extremely shit community. Let's not pretend that I'm the first one to bring this up or that it doesn't make the top of the subreddit on an almost daily basis. Hell the reason I can't be bothered with this shit anymore is purely because there's so many other games with better communities I could be playing.
Well I can't blame you man, do what you gotta do to be happy.

Well I can't blame you man, do what you gotta do to be happy.

It's a shame for sure because I love the game, but no other game has me endure crap like that on a daily basis. I'd not played for a few weeks and on day one, here we are again. It was just incredibly disappointing, since it kinda confirmed that this stuff goes hand in hand with it and I can't really have on without the other.

I might give it a shot again down the line, but taking 2 weeks off felt pretty damn good for the first time. I think I'm gonna need a much longer break lol

Grinchy

Banned
Played for 2 hours straight last night without the new Neo Tokyo coming up a single time. We even went into unranked and just left every game that wasn't the new map. After like 12 in a row, we gave up.

I've always felt like when they put out a new map, they should increase the odds of getting it in matchmaking for the first few days after it releases.

Help me I want the Mantis
Painted White
. Batmobile feels good but i did'nt like the look of the twin pillar(it was'nt one for one either). But I actually really dig the look of this car.

Peltz

I don't understand this mentality. Like, I get shitty messages on Rocket League all the time. It genuinely does not bother me. Reacting to them is exactly what the trolls want.

Just ignore. I wouldn't even report. I don't even mute. I just see their salt and choose not to engage. It's a waste of energy to give a fuck. You have a limited amount of fucks to give so don't be giving out fucks like ice cream at a fucking summer camp. It genuinely doesn't affect you. And if it does, you should ask yourself why.

Trolls are the ones wasting their energy... that is until they get someone to bite. Yes, they're wrong. But when you engage, they win.

Played dropshot for the first time. It's sick.

What do ya'll think of it

I still haven't tried it. I've been sticking to ranked since forever. I really should explore the other modes.

Help me I want the Mantis
Painted White
. Batmobile feels good but i did'nt like the look of the twin pillar(it was'nt one for one either). But I actually really dig the look of this car.

I'm definitely getting the Mantis once it drops down to a few keys (probably going to be a few weeks). I think the white Endo looks better than the white Mantis, though. At first glance, the painted colors seem a bit more noticeable on the Endo. Purple and forest green Mantises (Manti?) look really nice.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I played like a god this morning and now I'm shit. Did I eat/drink something wrong? Is it warmer/colder right now? How about humidity in the room? What about the oxygen level? I noticed a slight difference in my eyesight. Something is off. I feel drowsy.

I just assume everyone knows that by now! :p

Good luck going back to Xbox is all I can say.
I turned off V-Sync this week on PS4. Helps with fine controls like dribbling, but doesn't seem to be a huge difference. Maybe I'm just used to it now.

Getting a gaming PC (after more than a decade!) in a couple of weeks. Plan to go back and forth. When I need to reacclimate to PS4, I may practice a bit with my TV's game mode off (120ms lag instead of 40). Then once I turn it back on, it'll feel okay again.

Unicorn

Did they retroactively add painted decals to the previous first few crates? Would be a simple way to give them value again.

Did they retroactively add painted decals to the previous first few crates? Would be a simple way to give them value again.

Don't think so. Though a crate with painted older cars like octane etc would make a killing.

After looking at a few of these I decided I like the black more than the white. Obviously doesn't stand out as much but I think it fits the car better. Black is also a fair bit darker than standard and way cheaper than white. I'll be getting that when prices come down some.

White
Black
IX54N9b.jpg

Unicorn

nitro crate only 1 key now? trying to sell mine. Opened 2 and got 2 decals. Opened 3 turbo crates and got a default endo. so my 5 key buy was worth it imo even though endo doesn't feel good in my hands.

Edit: Got a key and like 6 decals, so whatevs.

Are there any value to cc1-cc3 crates?

nitro crate only 1 key now? trying to sell mine. Opened 2 and got 2 decals. Opened 3 turbo crates and got a default endo. so my 5 key buy was worth it imo even though endo doesn't feel good in my hands.

Edit: Got a key and like 6 decals, so whatevs.

Are there any value to cc1-cc3 crates?

Yep this crate went to one quick.

Older crates are like 10 to 1 or something like that.

I don't understand this mentality. Like, I get shitty messages on Rocket League all the time. It genuinely does not bother me. Reacting to them is exactly what the trolls want.

Just ignore. I wouldn't even report. I don't even mute. I just see their salt and choose not to engage. It's a waste of energy to give a fuck. You have a limited amount of fucks to give so don't be giving out fucks like ice cream at a fucking summer camp. It genuinely doesn't affect you. And if it does, you should ask yourself why.

Trolls are the ones wasting their energy... that is until they get someone to bite. Yes, they're wrong. But when you engage, they win.

I still haven't tried it. I've been sticking to ranked since forever. I really should explore the other modes.

Easier said than done. Depends on how you are wired. Some can ignore and some can not. Muting is definitely way to go or turning of chat completely if it truly bugs you.

I turned off V-Sync this week on PS4. Helps with fine controls like dribbling, but doesn't seem to be a huge difference. Maybe I'm just used to it now.

Getting a gaming PC (after more than a decade!) in a couple of weeks. Plan to go back and forth. When I need to reacclimate to PS4, I may practice a bit with my TV's game mode off (120ms lag instead of 40). Then once I turn it back on, it'll feel okay again.

I noticed turning off v-sync the most vs a TV once I got a 60 mhz monitor... which quickly led me to building a PC and getting a 144 :) Once you go PC (for me at least) it's hard to go back. Everything is just better. 100 ping playing EU (from east coast) for example was awful on my PS4 but on PC 100 ping is totally playable.

Congrats on new PC. You're gonna love it!!!

TheKeyPit

Banned
I got "What a save!"-ed by a TOP100XBOXPLAYER because I didn't save a backboard shot. Mkay.

Edit: Diamond 3 Div 1 in Standard with solo queuing. I lost two matches and didn't drop yet. I don't want to lose another one and drop.

Standard-aerial goal: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/31060565

I dropped down to Platinum 3 Div 2 in Doubles.

I'm starting to hate 2v2. 3v3 is where it's at.

Edit:
Lost one additional match in Standard; down two divisions. Now I'm tilted. That's it for today.

Not even that Batmobile-clone will make me happy. (Got it in my third Nitro crate)

88random

Dominus is always great. The only frustrating thing is that it is so short, I still sometimes miss the ball when I want to half volley it or start the roof carry. I'm too much used to Octane for that, but I do everything else better with Dominus.

Anyway, an someone recommend me a really good kick off tutorial because this is getting really frustrating. Like, the timing of the dodge before hitting the ball and with which part of the hitbox. At first I thought I was doing really well, but now in high Platinum ranks people are getting better at it. I just lost a match 9-7 and 8 goals I conceded resulted from a kick off.

Dominus is always great. The only frustrating thing is that it is so short, I still sometimes miss the ball when I want to half volley it or start the roof carry. I'm too much used to Octane for that, but I do everything else better with Dominus.

Anyway, an someone recommend me a really good kick off tutorial because this is getting really frustrating. Like, the timing of the dodge before hitting the ball and with which part of the hitbox. At first I thought I was doing really well, but now in high Platinum ranks people are getting better at it. I just lost a match 9-7 and 8 goals I conceded resulted from a kick off.

Yeah after trying mantis I went back to the dominus again.Sometimes I feel like a long flat car or the octane. Always end up going back to one of those two.

Dropshot + Civilized Rumble + Pinball/Super Light Large Ball = fire.

Why isn't there a large custom/private match community out there!

They need to have a custom game browser like overwatch does. I miss those crazy matches. If you could browse for those types of games then they wouldn't need to have playlist for modes that are completely dead and taking up server space.

Whew

Top Bottom