• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Sucks getting scammed in a trade. Oh well.

Edit: Should have been more careful.

Noob question: Is there an easy way to tell if car (Endo, Mantis) that's being traded to me is painted before going through with the trade with another player? I want to say there's a sliver of a colored line around the top right corner of the car's box in the menu, but I'm not sure about that. I'll definitely watch more closely next time. Lesson learned. As you can tell, I haven't traded much.

Noob question: Is there an easy way to tell if car (Endo, Mantis) that's being traded to me is painted before going through with the trade with another player? I want to say there's a sliver of a colored line around the top right corner of the car's box in the menu, but I'm not sure about that. I'll definitely watch more closely next time. Lesson learned. As you can tell, I haven't traded much.
There is a button that says show details. You click on it and hover over the item. Sorry you got scammed. That's the most common method. Sometimes they will swap it out as well so check again before confirming.

There is a button that says show details. You click on it and hover over the item. Sorry you got scammed. That's the most common method. Sometimes they will swap it out as well so check again before confirming.

Thanks man. I was having pretty good luck with trades recently (mostly for keys), so I got a little too confident and wasn't careful.

Another way to tell: go into your inventory and look at your painted items: they should all have a colored border around them reflecting what color they're painted. It can be hard to see if it's grey or black though.

Unicorn

Maybe I don't understand Twitch, but sometimes the video just freezes and I wouldn't know unless I refresh the page.

Will that fuck me from being counted as watching?

Grinchy

Banned
I ended up getting the RLCS decals for Dom and Dom GT. The Dom GT one is painted burnt sienna, which is a color I usually hate, but it looks nice with the color scheme I put together.

Be even better if everyone got at least one drop doesn't even have to be anything amazing just something to say thank you for bothering.

Only caught two hours of the matches last night since had tickets to see a comedian a few towns over. Still no drops :/

Looking forward to tonight though!

Never cared about the loot boxes, just turned it off.
I won't spend a dime on keys but can I trade this shite for a car or something or how does this work?

3x ch1, 5x ch2, 2x ch3, 5x ch4 and 8 turbo crates.

Grinchy

Banned
yl97F2R.png
EU Defense
yl97F2R.png

Grinchy

Banned
What did those custom explosions mean? Like can we choose which one we want when we personally score? Or is it dependent on the map?

lush

What did those custom explosions mean? Like can we choose which one we want when we personally score? Or is it dependent on the map?
I'd imagine it'll be the equivalent of equipping rocket trails and applied to whoever scores the goal.

Grinchy

Banned
I'd imagine it'll be the equivalent of equipping rocket trails and applied to whoever scores the goal.

That's going to make it so much cooler.

And it'll be a huge money-maker if they start putting the coolest ones in crates. "Oh shit I just unboxed a white dynamite!"

lush

That's going to make it so much cooler.

And it'll be a huge money-maker if they start putting the coolest ones in crates. "Oh shit I just unboxed a white dynamite!"
Yeah, surprised it's taken them so long to spin off new customizations. Custom engine sounds will be pretty fun as well. Only a matter of time until we see custom horns, demolitions, underglow, etc. I do however hope they look at adding some in-game way of accumulating keys as more and more customizations become locked behind crates.

rafaelr

details:
Just revealed on stage at the RLCS Season Three World Championship, we're proud to announce that our next update will arrive early next month!

Rocket League was originally released on July 7, 2015, so next month's Anniversary Update, as we're calling it, will celebrate TWO years of boost-fueled, rocket-powered Soccar action!

How are we celebrating our Biennial?

CHAMPIONS FIELD - A FREE NEW ARENA!
We're starting this party right by bringing a new standard arena to Rocket League. 'Champions Field' celebrates the pure competition found in Rocket League, complete with a massive statue featuring our shield logo, triple-decker seating (a must in any modern sports entertainment complex), and enough stadium lighting to make your match visible from outer space!

This new, FREE, standard arena will be found in all Competitive and Online Playlists, and will be available in Private Matches as well.

SEASON 4 REWARDS AND COMPETITIVE SEASON 5
Our Anniversary Update also marks the end of Competitive Season 4, and the beginning of Season 5. We will have a full breakdown of what's coming in Season 5 closer to the update, but in the meantime, you should know that the timing of this seasonal changeover marks how we plan to approach new seasons going forward (in other words, no more long, drawn-out Competitive Seasons)!

The end of Competitive Season 4 also means that a new wave of Season Rewards are coming! Each Rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Champion) will have their own reward, while Grand Champion gets the Champion Reward plus an in-game title. As for the rewards themselves, we're doing some much different this time around with new Trails as the rewards. Trails, as they will be called after the Anniversary Update is live, are activated when you achieve Supersonic speeds. That white-purple-blue Trail you see behind your Battle-Car now can be replaced with your Season Reward Trail, or with other custom trails we will be rolling out in future updates and Crates.

NEW CRATE SENDS ROCKET LEAGUE INTO OVERDRIVE
Speaking of Crates, the Anniversary Update will also include the new Overdrive Crate! Along with an awesome assortment of new Wheels, Decals, and Black Market items, the Overdrive Crate has TWO new Battle-Cars: Animus GP, and Centio V17. Overdrive Crates will be available as limited drops after Online matches.

...as for the rest of the Anniversary Update? We have a ton of additional content coming next month, including an updated engine audio system, new soundtrack options, new achievements and trophies, Goal Explosions, and more! We will have more updates (and patch notes) as we draw closer to the anniversary.

Top Bottom