• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Tomb Raider poster

m4SPpgY.gif

Surfinn

I like the actress and the way she looks as Lara.

But I think it's gunna be a cheap ass CGI infested chore.

I hope I'm wrong and the trailer is great.

Ross61

Does photo of her falling really matter that much. I mean, if this is adapting the new series she's going to be doing that..... a LOT.

Surfinn

Does photo of her falling really Matter that much. I mean, if this is adapting the new series she's going to be doing that..... a LOT.

Yeah, I agree. But it is pretty awkward to be like SHE'S A LEGEND then show footage of her falling into a river.

I'd rather her be learning and appearing human though instead of some cartoon rambo though.

Nev

Banned
- Horrible direct-to-netflix generic action-thriller poster.

- Laughable CGI

- Based on the garbage story from TR2013.

I would call it flop of the year, but then I remembered nobody is actually expecting this to be more than Assassin's Creed tier.

Ross61

- Laughable CGI

I would call it flop of the year, but then I remembered nobody is actually expecting this to be more than Assassin's Creed tier.
All this before the trailer. Nostradamus over here

Surfinn

- Laughable CGI

How about we wait for more than a 5 second teaser though

Until tomorrow at least, when they release the trailer

Nev

Banned
All this before the trailer. Nostradamus over here

How about we wait for more than a 5 second teaser though

Until tomorrow at least, when they release the trailer

The last time I was said that was when I said Jurassic World would be garbage based on the teasers.

I mean you don't need to be Nostradamus to see this is going to be a disaster. Though I'll give my final opinion when the trailer releases indeed. Those are first impressions.

Surfinn

The last time I was said that was when I said Jurassic World would be garbage based on the teasers.

I mean you don't need to be Nostradamus to see this is going to be a disaster. Though I'll give my final opinion when the trailer releases indeed. Those are first impressions.

Well yeah

It's probably going to be bad.

But I agree that we should wait for the trailer at least before we jump to conclusions

I am staying far away from comparing reboot Lara to old Lara because the OG Tomb Raider fanbase is batshit insane and has incredible rose-tinted glasses when it comes to the franchise

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna have to predict that the falling shot is three shots that were spliced together for this short clip and that in the real movie there will be at least 3 more shots in there to explain why she hits the branch.

That neck is fucked. They definitely merged several photos together.

It's funny how marketing/suits just can't help but fuck up posters. They NEED to fuck up heads.

Surfinn

Well, the reboot design suggests that in order to be taken seriously she has to tone down her sexiness.

Her redesign suggests that her sexuality shouldn't be the main focus of her character.

And that she should be taken more seriously (ie her purpose is no longer to be ogled at).

You disagree with that?

She's still super attractive.

Surfinn

It looks like two different scenes, cut and edited for the teaser.
Maybe i am wrong, but i am 99% sure that this is not the same scene.

I think you're right. In the second shot, there's no branches either and the placement of the river looks completely different.

Top Bottom