• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie of the Battlefield new screens/video and release info

h3ro

NA release PLEASE!!!!

This looks like a really interesting Strategy rpg and the art style is gorgeous... the PS3 really needs more jrpgs in NA...

Does anyone know if the JP version will have an English option? In case they don't bring this states side, it'd be nice to import it and understand whats going on...

h3ro

ilikeme said:
OH, how practical their clothes look

hataz wanna hate me man... 'cuz i got me some bathin' ape... :lol

Its a JRPG! Ofcourse they're gonna have some crazy over the top crap on, one of the dudes has a SKULL on his shoulder, thats how you know hes the bad guy!!

ethelred

This game looks so wonderful. I really can't wait for it. Seriously, from generation to generation, from Phantasy Star to Panzer Dragoon Saga to Skies of Arcadia,,their RPGs are the one consistent thing where Sega never lets me down.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ilikeme said:
OH, how practical their clothes look

What the hell? In the RPG realm these clothes are probably the most practical compared to most games out there.

Rosa - A short ass skirt, not practical when saving the world
Tifa - What? A white tank top and short pants? What is up with that hair?
Aeris - Cleavage, uncomfortable clothes, not good for walking 10,000 miles
Ayla - Yeah, she has a bra made out of fur, that makes so much sense.
Aika - She is wearing a freaking tan leather outfit, what the hell
Fina - She is wearing white, and high heels, OMG

I could go on and on when it comes to bitching about impractical clothing.

Just came across it now on Gametrailer and found this thread through search.

Very nice new trailer. I'm starting to get excited for this title. Reminds me so much of the Ring of Red in overall feel (and even timing sort of in how they'll both be somewhat early PS2 or PS3 WW2 esqe strategy games with similar art styles).

//edit . link to the HD verison btw since I actually don't see it on the first page (just the fam/ytube links)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29813.html

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
This game interests me to no end hopefully it will be freaking nice and comes to America so that I can try it. Hopefully a Japanese demo.

ethelred

KyanMehwulfe said:
Just came across it now on Gametrailer and found this thread through search.

Very nice new trailer. I'm starting to get excited for this title. Reminds me so much of the Ring of Red in overall feel (and even timing sort of in how they'll both be somewhat early PS2 or PS3 WW2 esqe strategy games with similar art styles).

//edit . link to the HD verison btw since I actually don't see it on the first page (just the fam/ytube links)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29813.html

You should really go to the game's website and download the large full screen version of the HD trailer. There's so much that's lost in the tiny little GameTrailers' version.

Salazar

DMPrince said:
for the time being it's only for the ps3.

Well, I had/have given up hope of being able to play it, and chucked it in the 'want but can't have' box with Yakuza. Was I wrong, or is your wording just vague / mischievous ?

h3ro

inner-G said:
that CE better come out in the US :(

I just want this game to come out here, period. This awesome CE would be icing on the cake...

When does this game come out in Japan?

Zoe said:
Have we actually seen any gameplay shots yet? LOVE the art...
We've seen minutes of gameplay footage.

The official site has a big introduction video to how the game is played, how different troop types or vehicles work, et cetera.

ethelred said:
This game looks so wonderful. I really can't wait for it. Seriously, from generation to generation, from Phantasy Star to Panzer Dragoon Saga to Skies of Arcadia,,their RPGs are the one consistent thing where Sega never lets me down.

Yet, it's just an eventuality.

Thankfully this game looks so damn good.

demifiend

Still not quite sure what kind of game this is. Is it a shooter? Strategy game? It sure looks sexy, and I want more reasons to get a PS3, but I'd rather know what I'd be getting into first.

ethelred

demifiend said:
Still not quite sure what kind of game this is. Is it a shooter? Strategy game? It sure looks sexy, and I want more reasons to get a PS3, but I'd rather know what I'd be getting into first.

It's whatever you want it to be.

I gotta say that I think this title looks really nice. It's nice to be getting excited for a Sega game again! Hopefully this game can move a few PS3's in Japan and score some nice sales numbers when it finally releases. I think the most attractive part about this game is its gorgeous art style. I mean, that is what attracted me to the game. Although the gameplay doesn't look too bad either.

When this game was first revealed, I was super excited for it. Now everytime new info comes up, I could really care less, and the battle system makes me want to puke.

ethelred

jaundicejuice said:
I find that I'm less disappointed when I merely expect the worst from Sega. When they do develope or, in most cases these days, publish a good to great game it's a genuine treat.

Hmm. You know, just to go off on a bit of a tangent... in my mind I never really create a distinction between Sega developed and Sega published games. They've always been a pretty hefty publisher, and a great many of the classic games I grew up thinking of as quintessential "Sega games" were only published by them. Even though I'm older now, I don't really filter out the games like Crush any more than I did the Eccos, the Landstalkers, or the Shining Forces.

Greatness Gone said:
When this game was first revealed, I was super excited for it. Now everytime new info comes up, I could really care less, and the battle system makes me want to puke.

... why?

icecream

Public Health Threat
g23 said:
Is it coming for 360 too?
Only rumors.

And why are people so pessimistic about a US release? This game isn't really like Sakura Taisen... it's more of a standard J-RPG and those have had their fair share of localization by Sega. I wouldn't be worried.

Greatness Gone said:
Well at least you still care somewhat!

ethelred said:
Exactly. I absolutey love the characters and art here.

WoWcraft

Banned
Sorry to bump this old thread. But I can't make my own and this must be posted.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080220/val.htm

Hot new screens.

val15.jpg

val16.jpg

val17.jpg

val18.jpg

I like.

BeeDog

What the hell, at first I really thought that's (concept) art for this game, then I noticed the polygons.

(previously non-existent) Hype rising.

GeoramA said:
If that's what in-game looks like, then holy shit...that's groundbreaking.

those are cut-scenes...in game looks more bland. Still has a nice style though. Haven't seen her though and she is pretty flashy

Top Bottom