• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascully

Is there anyway to remove DLC from Vita games? I installed all the music on Ridge Racer there are tons of songs that I HATE. Can you remove them somehow?

spats

The fireworks AR game is great fun!!

I was about to buy a £35 PSN voucher to buy Escape Plan and a few PSP games, but I don't know what I want to buy! Need to do some research first!!

Get Stardust Delta or Mutan Blobs Attack over Escape Plan. EP is a very frustrating game in my opinion.

slider

I'm having lots of fun with my Vita so far. But I'm desperate for some more games! Unexpectedly it's taken over from the PS360 as my primary gaming platform. So c'mon Sony, hit me with some goodies (Wipeout and Mutant Blobs are my most played games so far and I love the short burst nature of both).

For now I'm gonna finally get some of my PSP games and Minis on there.

magawolaz

Please someone makes a dedicated thread for Paint Park Application so people can show us what they can draw with their PS Vitas.
Jca7Z.jpg

I draw like a kid :lol

We need Colors! on Vita. Or an equivalent App.
Paint Park lacks so many colors and brushes. Hell, even MS Paint is better

Anyway, right now I'm playing Tactics Ogre and damn, what a wonderful game. 35 hours in, and the game keeps on delivering.
And next month... Gravity Rush :) Can't wait.

Is there anyway to remove DLC from Vita games? I installed all the music on Ridge Racer there are tons of songs that I HATE. Can you remove them somehow?
Maybe under Settings > App Data Management ?

spats

Please someone makes a dedicated thread for Paint Park Application so people can show us what they can draw with their PS Vitas.

I don't really know if that's necessary, it'd die off pretty quickly. It has a really limited set of tools. It's like drawing on a post-it note with a really bad pen, except worse.

ArcNzoXCIAEQJYo.jpg

magawolaz and spatz, wow those are great drawn pics with a difficult and limited application. Make more if you can. This is all what I could do:

6976622334_3b877fe4fe_z.jpg

LOL!

I used my pre-order discount voucher for Escape Plan which brought it down to a reasonable price. It's not in any sense a must-play, but I thought it was a fun little puzzle game. As long as you ignore the rating system it's not terribly frustrating either.

Get Stardust Delta or Mutan Blobs Attack over Escape Plan. EP is a very frustrating game in my opinion.

I second this. I'd also recommend Hustle Kings, you unlock the pS3 version if you buy it on vita, which is a nice bonus.

Anyone bought Top Darts? Any good?

kfpkiller

I just bought Rayman origins only to discover there's only one save per memory card.
Now my little brother can't even play the game unless he buys himself a MC.
Fuck you sony for this whole one MC = one account bullshit.
Worst thing about the vita by far, I'm seriously pissed right now.

Number45

I just bought Rayman origins only to discover there's only one save per memory card.
Escape Plan supports multiple saves, I'm not sure why more games don't.

Is there any way to copy PSP games from PC to the Vita?

I have 3 PSP games that I got as from the PSPgo offer, I can't directly download them to the Vita nor can I download them on the PS3.

Are you sure? I have three save slots on my Rayman origins.

Picked up Unit 13 and its by far my favorite Vita title so far. Dont know what it is, reminds me a bit of "The Club." Yet another underrated gem. Havent even opened my copy of Mortal Kombat yet.

You glorious human being. More people need to experience the greatness that is Unit 13. Tried any of the daily challenges yet? Crazy hard, but they give the game almost infinite re-playability...well until the devs stop supporting it.

And yeah, it's got a great TC vibe. Would kill for a HD release.

hertog

Just got home with my MK copy. The character models are really lacking( maybe some UE3/Vita baby steps?) but the game runs SO SMOOTH. This game is packed with a ton of content. I also played an online ranked game and didn't see a single hick up, we were chatting back and forth the entire time too.

Doubting between mk and blazblue. But i just went for blazblue, needed a fighter while waiting for sfxt :)

You glorious human being. More people need to experience the greatness that is Unit 13. Tried any of the daily challenges yet? Crazy hard, but they give the game almost infinite re-playability...well until the devs stop supporting it.

Shouldn't be too long with the dev team kinda dead right now T_T.

danno1769

Neo Member
PSN very difficult to connect to today for some reason. It just says "please wait" forever. I cant connect in games or from the settings menu. Ive tried rebooting several times. Any tips?

Oh I can browse via the web browser and facebook app works

Sylver

Banned
Is there any way to copy PSP games from PC to the Vita?

I have 3 PSP games that I got as from the PSPgo offer, I can't directly download them to the Vita nor can I download them on the PS3.

Only WipEout Pure from PSPGo ambassador free games is compatible (you can downloaded it via VITA), but the PSPGo free version of some other games like (Everbody's Golf or Resistante Retribution aren't) the paid version are.

621ye.jpg

This happens cause ID check list (name file).
The space between everbody' and "s" or the two dots ":" on Resistance: Retribution. Sony is weird.
WipEout pure paid version ID name is the same as "PSPGo ambassador" so you can download it on VITA. (That version is an ambassador game too but you can see it has the Paid version icon)

Only WipEout Pure from PSPGo ambassador free games is compatible (you can downloaded it via VITA), but the PSPGo free version of some other games like (Everbody's Golf or Resistante Retribution aren't) the paid version are.

621ye.jpg

This happens cause ID check list (name file).
The space between everbody' and "s" or the two dots ":" on Resistance: Retribution. Sony is weird.
WipEout pure paid version ID name is the same as "PSPGo ambassador" so you can download it on VITA. (That version is an ambassador game too but you can see it has the Paid version icon)

How did you manage to display a demo of a game (Zombie Apocalypse) on the PS Vita???

Sylver

Banned
How did you manage to display a demo of a game (Zombie Apocalypse) on the PS Vita???
No, it's just all my Sony donwload list from PSN viewed on VITA. Appears all downloaded products from PSP, PSPGo, VITA, PS3... (but you can only download vita compatible stuff).
bmK9a.png

So, after two months of owning the Vita, I've noticed that the analog nubs feel a bit looser? It must be because of Super Stardust Delta and it's excessive use of analog sticks. Maybe I'm the only one? the only way I noticed was when I tried my friend's Vita which was new.

Mine are looser now too.Probably because of SSD too.

mr2xxx

Banned
Am I doing something wrong with the PSN store? It doesn't have screenshots of games or streaming video of the games. How can Sony overlook something so simple?

Just got the Vita and while the hardware is great but the OS and the way Sony does things makes me SMH. The fact I had to download VC II to my PS3 just to transfer it to my vita leaves me scratching my head.

I caved and bought Unit-13 this week after playing the demo more than my full games. Been playing most of today, not been this addicted to a game in a long while!

Koroviev

Am I doing something wrong with the PSN store? It doesn't have screenshots of games or streaming video of the games. How can Sony overlook something so simple?

Just got the Vita and while the hardware is great but the OS and the way Sony does things makes me SMH. The fact I had to download VC II to my PS3 just to transfer it to my vita leaves me scratching my head.

There are no screenshots on the Vita PSN store, afaik. It's a pretty glaring omission.

Koroviev

Has anyone purchased one of the Sony protection plans? I'm tempted, but then again, I've never had a console damaged, handheld or otherwise.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
What case does everyone have for their Vita?

I've got a pretty simple cheap one that looks like this.

But I'm not sure it protects it quite enough, its a small case and there isn't much room in there, I'm a little worried about anything I put in the little compartment scratching the screen and the game cartridge I put in has a habit of falling out.

So any nice, preferably cheapish, suggestions? better if it comes with some sort of cartridge holder lol.

Carl

I have a Thrustmaster VIP case. Not great for storage, but a nice hard case that (i hope) protects it a fair bit.

Ponn

Banned

I'm starting to think i'm the only one that never bought a case. I guess its because I don't travel with it. The cradle has been incredibly useful for me though. The only thing I worry about is leaving it in the cradle all the time and it maybe harming the battery life from constantly discharging and recharging. Especially if i have it in sleep mode.

Raoh

HORI PS Vita Face Cover

Perfect for day to day travel. Slips in and out of pockets easy with protection on the vita face and sticks.

The back touch pad is exposed for use and I can play the vita easy with the lid open.

The only draw back is that the cover does not fold back far enough to become a make shift stand.

mingus

Oh it's a regional thing? The regional split with Vita seems to be even worse than PS3 (with different PSP games working, lack of PS+ mini support in US but they work in EU, screenshots)

Maybe it's just a dumb US thing. I downloaded some demos today off of the JP store and they all had previews.

polg

I posted this question on the PSN thread and got no answer so... here's me trying again to find out: Is there an official list of NeoGeo PSP games available on Vita?

I'm on the verge of getting one with my CC points and I'd like to know that :)

Bukana

I posted this question on the PSN thread and got no answer so... here's me trying again to find out: Is there an official list of NeoGeo PSP games available on Vita?

I'm on the verge of getting one with my CC points and I'd like to know that :)

You should've read the OP, it's all there.

Yes, they are Compatible.

All Neo Geo titles
All PC Engine titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom