• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Black Character getting their own DLC in Shadows of Mordor
Separate but sequel. 😏
I killed Shy fam.
iQblQl7.gif

Hey BCT

I have some very ignorant or lazy people signing up for services using my gmail email address :(

Boost Mobile payment receipts come once per month and Lyft ride receipts come once per week.

anyone here been through this crap?

I think my last name is a common Haitian last name I am guessing but these folks might not know what the hell email is or don't care if a stranger has access to their accounts

what should I do?

andthebeatgoeson

I got accepted to post four days ago after waiting since March but I just saw the email today! I've been lurking on the site since E3 2013 and always wanted to join but I couldn't find a school or work email that I had full access to until this year.
Where you're from - DMV area(Northern Virginia)
Where you live - Prince William County
What is your age? - 17, will be 18 in 5 days
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Mom is from Togo, and dad is from Liberia
Do you know your roots - I'm reminded about it by my parents almost every day
Favorite musical genre - Hip-hop/rap/R&B, don't really listen to anything outside of those
Your profession/major/career interest - I have a career interest in entertainment, specifically video games. I am studying computer science but I'm not totally 100% about that
Your religious affiliation - Christian
Hobbies - Video games,music,movies,football(college and NFL, mostly NFL)
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes
Marvel or DC? - Spider-Man's my favorite superhero, but I love both equally
Favorite superhero? - Spider-Man
Anime or Nah? - I watch a little bit here and there, mostly Naruto, but not a lot
Favorite sport and team? - Football, Washington Redskins(get a lot of shit for it)
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The Incredibles
What's your favorite video game and genre? The Last of Us, have a PS4, want a Switch by next Christmas, and my brother wants a gaming PC so I guess I'll have one of those by next year too. I like third and first person shooters/action games, like Uncharted and Last of Us
Ayye yo cousin. Them bamas still in that fuck shit?

https://youtu.be/FKeQn3I6Vkw

It's 1995
And now that I'm older, stress weighs on my shoulders
Heavy as boulders, but I told y'all
Until the day that I die I still
Will be a soldier and that's all I told ya
And that's all I showed ya
And all this calamity is rippin' my sanity
Can it be (that I'm a celebrity
Who's on the brink of insanity?)
Now don't be wishin' of switchin' any positions with me
Cause when you in my position, it ain't never easy
To do any type of maintainin'
Cause all this gamin' and famin' from entertainin'
Is hella strainin' (to the brain and)
But I can't keep runnin' I just gotta keep keen and cunnin'
Actually, that verse is more 🔥🔥🔥 reading it.

"Do you know your roots - I'm reminded about it by my parents almost every day"

If they throw it in your face and you don't like it just ask them why y'all christian then?

Faustek

Morning Kin.
Welcome Dmv.

You join GAF for gaming and stay for community

Indeed.

extorting money off a 17 year old?

you have no shame!

Nope, no shame at all.

well if anyone offers you a mixtape for 20 dollars...that is not a good deal. no matter how convincing, well, they probably won't be that convincing, but you might somehow still get confused. see?

we help new people. we do not extort them.

Need those bodies for the trap house.

What are some good comics with people of color? I've only read Black Panther and Ms. Marvel so far.
What are other good Community threads besides this one?

I'm also a part of GirlGaf, IronGaf, K-Pop, Japanese Music, Indie Game Development, Final Fantasy, Mario Bros., Fighting Game, Pokemon, Writing, Arts & Farts, and Jazz-Hop. I dropped a few others. Stay away from the Fan Art thread.

I'm not sure what I'm interested in here. I came to BCT because it seemed the most like a community out of all the threads I saw, when I just came out of a very tight-knit community where I made my best friends ever, and this seemed like a place where everyone knew each other.

There's no dedicated film community on GAF, outside of the monthly movie threads. I've thought about hanging out in Asian GAF, LGBTQ GAF, Comics GAF, Doctor Who GAF, Super Best Friends GAF, some of the music and TV threads, and communities for games I like, but I just can't seem to find the right connection to anybody in them, and some of them, like comics, seem like they require dedication to keep up and I'm lazy and read comics casually.

I guess I'll keep looking through them and figure something out.

D i Z

I'm not sure what I'm interested in here. I came to BCT because it seemed the most like a community out of all the threads I saw, when I just came out of a very tight-knit community where I made my best friends ever, and this seemed like a place where everyone knew each other.

There's no dedicated film community on GAF, outside of the monthly movie threads. I've thought about hanging out in Asian GAF, LGBTQ GAF, Comics GAF, Doctor Who GAF, Super Best Friends GAF, some of the music and TV threads, and communities for games I like, but I just can't seem to find the right connection to anybody in them, and some of them, like comics, seem like they require dedication to keep up and I'm lazy and read comics casually.

I guess I'll keep looking through them and figure something out.

Pretty much have the same experience.

I'm watching Whitney Houston sing Greatest Love of All. Madre de Dios, I'm in love with Whitney, and she's dead. Just my luck.

[listens to Whitney hit those notes]

tenor.gif

People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone who fulfill my needs

A lonely place to be
So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I'll live as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity
Because the greatest love of all
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all
Inside of me
The greatest love of all
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all

Bronx-Man

Banned
Waking up to see dozens of cynical white dudes "totally above the left's pc culture, maaaan" defend their cartoon show on the internet, that's the best way to start a Tuesday I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom