• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Eusis

Well, their store is run by Digital Rivers EU branch, they must just only ship to Europe. Why they didn't get copys made for the US store(Which is most likely run by DR's US branch) I have no idea though. Sucks though, as it seems like you're missing out on quite a nice CE.
Maybe they saw what happened with Ni no Kuni's WE and decided it just wasn't worth the trouble. Unlike Square Enix and Drakengard 3 who apparently decided on the opposite.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I bought and played MM7 when I was like 10, and was horrible at it (even though it came with a guide). I loved the RPG/exploration aspects of it, though. I assume I would love this game as well? At the very least, I know I could beat it now.

Gvaz

Banned
Basically everyone on Ubisoft's forum spent the last few months going "MAKE IT HARDER". Maybe they listened.

When like, the sixth enemy you fight is like as strong in one creature as twelve of the last creatures (half of which simply weren't there for you to wail on) then I think it's time to scale some shit back a bit.

I'm still really turned off about that spider queen fight. Maybe it would have been better if that was hardmode difficulty because that was really absurd.

Zafir

Maybe they saw what happened with Ni no Kuni's WE and decided it just wasn't worth the trouble. Unlike Square Enix and Drakengard 3 who apparently decided on the opposite.
Hah, funny you should mention Squenix, they're doing the opposite to Ubisoft. NA gets 'em and EU doesn't. Their NA store won't ship outside of the Americas either.

One would hope someday we get some kind of parity with releases.

Dezzy

I just downloaded this yesterday, and it looks great so far. I'm not gonna start a real game until release though, assuming there will be a patch that day. Hopefully it they add 16:10 resolution support as well.

epmode

You sure there's no 16:10 support? I had to edit a config file but it seems to use every pixel of my 16:10 monitor.

Vaiim

Where are the reviews!?

Always worries me when a dev keeps the (full) game under wraps until after launch :( But really hoping it'll be ace and not too rushed.

V_Arnold

Where are the reviews!?

Always worries me when a dev keeps the (full) game under wraps until after launch :( But really hoping it'll be ace and not too rushed.

Embargo ends tomorrow, as far as I know.
Since this thread needs impressions badly, I shall post a detailed one in a few hours.

DrTeflon

Wait wtf is it coming out tomorrow? I have it on early access for months and never played. I'm gonna guess you cant access the whole content yet, even on beta, right?

Ceebs

On the back-burner because you don't get millions of clicks for reviewing M&M X. At least that would be my guess.

Anyway, they'll probably be mostly "it's too hard" :p

Not like there are new console games out for the review sites to be playing.

Vaiim

Haha, true :D

Embargo ends tomorrow, as far as I know.
Since this thread needs impressions badly, I shall post a detailed one in a few hours.

Thank you sir, much appreciated!

Please let this game be good (it deserves it)! I would have already bought into early access, but I've played too many unfinished (indie) games recently that I really wanted to wait for the full game in all its glory. I'm doing the same with Starbound, Prison Architect and others I forget - lots to look forward to!

Considering the immense fun I've had with Legend of Grimrock, I can't find the words to describe how much I'm looking forward to this game.

Someone should do Eye of the Beholder 4 now, with D&D next rules..

All M&M games except M&M9 were challenging. Cloud Dragons fucked you up in Clouds of Xeen, Crystal Golems fucked you up in Darkside of Xeen, Cuisinarts fucked you up in Might and Magic 2, Titans fucked you up ROYALLY in Mandate of Heaven.

SAY NO TO REMOVING CHALLENGE FROM RPGS

All hail Souls series.

Cheech

Still wondering if the saves from early access are going to work with the full release. I read that they rebalanced tons of content in the first act, as well as subbing out entire types of mobs.

I'm not TOO far along, but I'd rather not restart if I don't have to.

jimboton

All M&M games except M&M9 were challenging. Cloud Dragons fucked you up in Clouds of Xeen, Crystal Golems fucked you up in Darkside of Xeen, Cuisinarts fucked you up in Might and Magic 2, Titans fucked you up ROYALLY in Mandate of Heaven.

SAY NOT TO REMOVING CHALLENGE FROM RPGS

All hail Souls series.

Agreed!

Do we know where does M&M X stand challenge wise?

Not just the combat but also puzzles and dungeon layouts.

Durante

Still wondering if the saves from early access are going to work with the full release. I read that they rebalanced tons of content in the first act, as well as subbing out entire types of mobs.

I'm not TOO far along, but I'd rather not restart if I don't have to.
I may be misremembering or mixing it up with another game (too much early access lately!), but I don't think the saves are compatible. That's one reason I just had a quick look at the game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea the early access build is so old I can't imagine the saves would carry over.

Not to mention the early access is missing like half the character classes, so you'd probably want to start over regardless.

eXistor

I just got my boxed Deluxe copy. It's pretty damn awesome, it's got a pretty nice looking cloth map, soundtrack, some art cards, MMVI and a color manual inside; the way it's suposed to be!

Pretty excited to get started with this.

I just pre-ordered this on steam today. I figure it's likely that the early access "deluxe" stuff is probably better than waiting until it's out tomorrow, particularly since there is a 100% chance I wasn't going to be able to wait for a sale. Hopefully when the embargo lifts I don't find out that it's all terrible.

M&M 4 & 5 are still among my favorite PC RPGs, so I hope this game can come remotely close to living up to their greatness.

I'm pumped. I thought this was still in early access limbo for a while longer. Now to start figuring out a party.

It's the 14th best selling game on Steam ATM. Yeah I know it's a pretty low number but two days ago it was like at 140th place.

Hopefully it can crack the top ten after some reviews start rolling in.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
On the back-burner because you don't get millions of clicks for reviewing M&M X. At least that would be my guess.

Hmm, didn't know about this game til now, interested. Especially if it can be deemed "too hard" by anyone.

Durante

I just pre-ordered this on steam today. I figure it's likely that the early access "deluxe" stuff is probably better than waiting until it's out tomorrow, particularly since there is a 100% chance I wasn't going to be able to wait for a sale. Hopefully when the embargo lifts I don't find out that it's all terrible.
Just based on the early access and previews up to chapter 2 I'd be really surprised if it was terrible. I mean, I guess it could fall off a cliff quality-wise after the start, but that seems rather unlikely.

Just based on the early access and previews up to chapter 2 I'd be really surprised if it was terrible. I mean, I guess it could fall off a cliff quality-wise after the start, but that seems rather unlikely.

Yeah, the RPG codex preview of act 1 and 2 looked pretty positive and that pushed me over the edge.

My main concern is that it may be on the small side since the store page says there is only 1 city and 3 towns. But it looks like it has a pretty decent number of dungeons, so I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

rybrad

It's the 14th best selling game on Steam ATM. Yeah I know it's a pretty low number but two days ago it was like at 140th place.

Hopefully it can crack the top ten after some reviews start rolling in.
Once it shows up on the New Releases slot for Steam it will pick up a lot of sales undoubtedly.
Is the steam price going to raise tomorrow or the deluxe edition going to become its own thing?
I am not 100% on this but I think it is going to be a separate thing. I saw a non-deluxe version for $24.99 the other day but I can't remember where, I will see if I can track it down. The deluxe version does seem to be a better value for only $5 more though (assuming the first DLC isn't trash).

Edit: Turns out I was only half right and made assumptions based on the price I saw. Green Man is selling it for $24.99 but that is the Deluxe version, pretty good deal if you can live without Steam (assuming the 25% off voucher works on it).

Victrix

*beard*
The entire concept of DLC in a mainline M&M rpg makes me faintly nauseous, but on the flip side, the concept of a new mainline M&M is sort of a miracle, so I guess it balances out :D

Fou-Lu

I totally forgot this was coming. I don't really trust Ubisoft with M&M after what they did to Heroes, but on the other hand this looks surprisingly good and Grimrock is the only game I've had to scratch this itch in a long time... Might have to get this as well.

Cheech

The entire concept of DLC in a mainline M&M rpg makes me faintly nauseous, but on the flip side, the concept of a new mainline M&M is sort of a miracle, so I guess it balances out :D

Well, the game IS only $30. Clearly "experiment grade" pricing. If this sells well, I'm looking forward to a much better polished $60 title. Preferably on my PS4 to boot, because comfy couch.

Shame the saves from the prerelease don't carry over. With just one more day though, it's all good. Maybe I'll play some PS4 before mothballing it for a month.

I totally forgot this was coming. I don't really trust Ubisoft with M&M after what they did to Heroes, but on the other hand this looks surprisingly good and Grimrock is the only game I've had to scratch this itch in a long time... Might have to get this as well.

Couldn't tell you whether or not it's going to have Grimrock's polish, as the prerelease hasn't been updated in months.

I would say that if Grimrock is more Eye of the Beholder, Might and Magic is, um... well... Might and Magic. Maybe Dungeon Master II if you remember that one.

Nista

Goddamn Cuisinarts. My grandmother bought me M&M2 for a bday present as a kid and I could never get past those jerks.

Love the series though, so I may have to buy this, despite the Uplay nonsense.

Cheech

Here is an excellent breakdown of how to deal with prerelease/release versions of the game tomorrow directly from the devs.

One thing buried deep on the page that seems fairly important:

5. SAVE COMPATIBILITY BETWEEN EARLY ACCESS AND RELEASE VERSIONS

Because the game has evolved a lot since the Early Access version, your old save files won’t work with the release version of the game. We recommend deleting these save files before starting a new game. ("C:\Users\Your_Username\Documents\MightAndMagicXLegacy")

Saves can now be found in the Uplay install folder. By default, they’re located in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames”.

rybrad

Here is an excellent breakdown of how to deal with prerelease/release versions of the game tomorrow directly from the devs.

One thing buried deep on the page that seems fairly important:

5. SAVE COMPATIBILITY BETWEEN EARLY ACCESS AND RELEASE VERSIONS

Because the game has evolved a lot since the Early Access version, your old save files won’t work with the release version of the game. We recommend deleting these save files before starting a new game. ("C:\Users\Your_Username\Documents\MightAndMagicXLegacy")

Saves can now be found in the Uplay install folder. By default, they’re located in “C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames”.
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like the patch is going to be 8gb as well. The options screens in that post are pretty great too, I love having lots of options to get things just how I want.

Original options on the left, updated options on the right. I wonder if enemy movement speed speeds up the animations, that would be swell.
Technical_game_comp.png

Technical_graphic_comp.png

Banner Saga last week, Blackguards today and M&M X tomorrow. What a month this has been!

The party started for me with Platinum's excellent PC port of Revengeance a few weeks ago but other than that minor point, yes, it has been a glorious month to be a PC gamer!

Top Bottom