• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Nikodemos

The same thing happens to me. I can download in Origin, Uplay or GOG at my connection's maximum and I can still navigate the web without problems. With Steam I don't get maximum speed and my computer gets hammered.
Your ISP may be throttling Steam (whereas the others aren't on the traffic shaping list). It's perfectly legal now, after that clusterfuck of a court decision.

Durante

SpokkX

What the fuck? I'll have to investigate this. I never heard of an "SSAA" postprocessing effect. I thought it was supersampling :(

Guess I'll have to downsample then.

I can try on my laptop which has somewhat similar specs and also a touchscreen if you want.

I would be really interested to know since it is my only PC and i really want to play this..

Intersted how it would run in say 720p and without AA

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Does this feel like a complete game now it's officially released ? As in it doesn't feel rushed for release ? I can be wary of Ubisoft.

Shengar

Never forgive, never forget.

Those words
CR7xnj5.gif

But I guess for non-AAA games, they are honest. 73 is still a good score for me.

TentPole

I wasn't expecting much but I am in awe at just how bad this game looks graphically. Still I am super happy this game was made even if it was on a shoe-string budget.

Gothos

Can you explain why ranged or archer is garbage?

Basically you have not enough shots during fights to make attacks with bow/crossbow count. Many times you are surrounded by few enemy parties or there are 2 enemies on one tile and you quickly find yourself in the melee range. You can use ranges attacks in close combat but they have 50% efficiency.

Oh and why for the Christ's sake they didn't bother to include name and location of every visited trainer in the journal is beyond me. So freaking annoying when you forget to make a manual note where is the given trainer... *sigh*

Maledict

I wasn't expecting much but I am in awe at just how bad this game looks graphically. Still I am super happy this game was made even if it was on a shoe-string budget.

There's a few issues with the graphics currently that are stopping users actually seeing the game as it should look apparently.

First off, if you were an early access player, the new install doesn't delete some of the old files in your my documents folder that lock the grpahics to the medium settings.

Secondly, the in-game graphics options don't override the main settings - you need to change the graphics options from the main menu before you start playing to see the difference.

Of course I wouldn't know because Uplay is the worlds' worse piece of software, and hasn't worked for anyone in the UK with BTInfinity for the last 2 and a half days now so I can't play any Ubisoft games.

Moff

really? I think it looks really nice in the trailer, its one of the reasons I'm even interestend in the game. I might pick this up today.

Moff

I loved MM4 and 5 graphics, never liked those pre renderes sprites like in MM6, its what kept me from playing the game. but since some people here said the game was great anyway, I might give it a try.

desverger

Oh and why for the Christ's sake they didn't bother to include name and location of every visited trainer in the journal is beyond me. So freaking annoying when you forget to make a manual note where is the given trainer... *sigh*

Haha. This brings back memories. I used to have sheets of real paper(!) filled with trainer locations.

I think in M&M7 and 8 they actually got recorded in the journal at least as a general location, but it still was a lot of house searching. Hello, is the Grandmaster Sword trainer here?

Gothos

The default one is nicely balanced imho. I don't wanna think how some of the later fights look like on Warrior :D Must be brutal, hehe...

Xater

So no one here knows either what's going on with the mac version? There also people wondering about it on the Steam Forum because it was promised for rleease on the Early Access page.

Iztli

After playing Grimrock <3 I cant wait to play this game. If it wasn't for LoG I wouldnt have known I was into these sorta games :p

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I played the game for 4 hours. Game is really good. I never played the originals, but if you liked Grimrock this is very similar but turn-based. I need some help though, I have an elf caster and her total mana statistic is in red. I don't understand why, she is not under any negative effects and doesn't have any equipment that decreases mana. Is it a bug? Actually, my other characters have green (boosted) health and mana stats and I can't figure out why either...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well I rolled my party before work, decided on a Crusader/Blademaster/Runepriest/Freemage setup.Now for a *long* 8 hours.

Carm

Did they screw up the official release? Soundtrack isn't in the game folder anymore for the deluxe edition. I had copied it to the desktop so didn't lose it, but it should be there, even did a verify and it didn't pop up.

Edit: Yea, reading the steam game forum, I'm not the only one effected so they did screw it up. Really stupid Ubisoft.

For the turn speed you need to go to options, then turn rate and set it to smooth, it should fix the the turning speed problem.

That seems to have been the problem. Reinstalled and it was fine in fullscreen now and set to smooth. The thing is, I never touched that option the first time, just tried to move and it was really fast. Switched to windowed mode and the problem disappeared. Back to full screen it was back, never looked at control options till you mentioned it.

Edit 2: I see under extra content in game there is a helm bonus content, is that only for the boxed copies or something. Mentioned the key is on a floppy o_O

poisonelf

Deluxe edition downloading... I'm actually nervous!

I think I'm really going to love this, I thought it was all nostalgia but I enjoyed Grimrock immensely.

Also, thanks for the impressions everyone, 2 melee characters at the minimum it is.

Corto

That pixel filter is indeed cool! I think I'll be playing with it enabled just for kicks. 8 more hours until I can though... Tic Tac

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The default one is nicely balanced imho. I don't wanna think how some of the later fights look like on Warrior :D Must be brutal, hehe...

There are two difficulties, right?

I thought it was easy and hard. Easy (adventurer) was for people who didn't want to really fight and just wanted to explore the world, whereas Hard (warrior) was for people who wanted to actually play the game...

Are you saying Easy (Adventurer) is really hard?

Sinatar

There are two difficulties, right?

I thought it was easy and hard. Easy (adventurer) was for people who didn't want to really fight and just wanted to explore the world, whereas Hard (warrior) was for people who wanted to actually play the game...

Are you saying Easy (Adventurer) is really hard?

It's basically hard and really hard.

Moff

just picked it up at the local gamestop

I'm usually digital only (didnt buy a single retail pc game the whole last year), but I'm a sucker for maps so I fell for it, and I'm glad I did, the map is surprisingly big and looks really nice.

Gvaz

Banned
So, it's not a cakewalk on adventurer and I should probably play that?

It's hard in that everything that isn't a boss is really easy, but when you hit a boss you better be chugging potions like they're booze at a frat party

Sinatar

I'm guessing if I picked this up today, I won't be getting VI and the soundtrack?

I had 6 added to my steam account when I bought the early access like a million years ago, so I can't imagine it would be unavailable now.

I didn't check for the soundtrack though.

Top Bottom