• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Carm

Just noticed that, so I picked it up. VI nowhere to be seen. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy :/

Soundtrack not in the Might and Magic - Legacy folder either. Strange.

As I posted a little way back, they screwed up the official release. Had the soundtrack prior to official release and now it's missing. I'm sure it will be sorted out fairly quickly. Looking on the games forum there is someone with a orange tagged name saying they are looking into it. I'm sure 6 will show up when it's fixed as well, though not mentioned in that post.

"Hello guys,
we are currently discussing this issue with Steam and are preparing the fix. Don't worry you will have access to the soundtrack if you have the deluxe edition."

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Ok so after 5 hours of playing on Warrior difficulty, I think I will restart the game and try Adventurer. Warrior difficulty is ridiculously hard because everything is expensive and you basically run out of potions and then you're screwed.

V_Arnold

It's hard in that everything that isn't a boss is really easy, but when you hit a boss you better be chugging potions like they're booze at a frat party

That is not true once the hard-hitter mobs start to appear (like
Minotaurs and Manticores
.) Not to mention groups of mobs that surrender you - happy potion-chugging there as well!

r3n4ud

I had 6 added to my steam account when I bought the early access like a million years ago, so I can't imagine it would be unavailable now.

I didn't check for the soundtrack though.

I do have VI Heroes, perhaps that's it? Bought that ages ago though.

As I posted a little way back, they screwed up the official release. Had the soundtrack prior to official release and now it's missing. I'm sure it will be sorted out fairly quickly.

Ah okay, thanks for that.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok so after 5 hours of playing on Warrior difficulty, I think I will restart the game and try Adventurer. Warrior difficulty is ridiculously hard because everything is expensive and you basically run out of potions and then you're screwed.

Can you still grind for money? I heard that mobs don't respawn?

If you can't grind, I'm definitely going adventurer.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I do have VI Heroes, perhaps that's it? Bought that ages ago though.

CKeDTeV.jpg

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Can you still grind for money? I heard that mobs don't respawn?

If you can't grind, I'm definitely going adventurer.

No you can't grind. This is why it's super hard, once you run out of money you're basically screwed.

Edit: my party has two mages and they run out of mana very quickly, so I ended up wasting all my money on mana potions...

Durante

I'll also be playing Adventurer. Call me weaksauce but I have no interest in selecting the hardest difficulty of a RPGCodex-balanced old-school RPG :p

I'll be playing on Adventurer. This is just advice from past M&M games and the early access.

Yeah, I learned really quickly in MM3 (which as I understand, is the easy mode of MM games) that you should rest early and often. Only problem I ran into was resting and having all my buffs wear off. I abused the shit out of teleporting around the world and hitting buff fountains by the end.

Corto

Yes, yes. Rest between fights. My yesterday 15-30 minutes session just to check the settings that then lasted for two hours taught me that much. That first boss with my party fully rested was a swipe.

Durante

2 hours to the first boss? In games like this it often takes me more than an hour just to decide on my party.

Anyway, I'm finally on my way home, can't wait to get into it.

Corto

2 hours to the first boss? In games like this it often takes me more than an hour just to decide on my party.

Anyway, I'm finally on my way home, can't wait to get into it.

I used the default party as I was just planning for a quick escapade hehehe

kazebyaka

Banned
Played for a bit in full version with 2 mages, 1 mercenary and 1 paladin. It's pretty cool, i like the feel of adventure. Walking in grid takes some time to get used to, though.

Cheech

I love The Elder Scrolls, never played a Might and Magic game except Heroes VI (no nostalgia factor), and I really like (even preordered) this game. Pretty stupid generalization on their part.

I think what they're getting at is a way to warn people off of this game who aren't familiar with old school RPG conventions.

Skyrim is my personal favorite RPG of all time, but I would never suggest anyone who plays the ES games from a casual standpoint buy something like MMX. They are going to just be flushing money down the toilet.

I updated my Steam copy and went through the main city again during lunch. Can't wait to go back down the well tonight!

Zarovitch

in the chart, what's the difference between beeing Expert, Master or Grandmaser?
If you you have none at a skill can you learn it in the game?

Moff

I went for dwarf defender, dwarf runepriest, elf bladedancer and human freemage
game looks very nice in dungeons, not so much in town/overworld

in the chart, what's the difference between beeing Expert, Master or Grandmaser?
If you you have none at a skill can you learn it in the game?

it means how high you can level that skill only grandmaster can go to the max

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Actually, on further reflection, I think I'm going to go Orc Barbarian, Human Crusader, Human Freemage and Dwarf Runepriest.

Dropping the archer so I can have all the schools of magic covered. Both archers seem kind of limited, and I can give bows/crossbows to everyone anyways.

Durante

I just finished exploring Sorpigal-by-the-sea (and of course by "exploring" I mean "going to every single tile").

Too early for real impressions (though I'm 2 hours in with the time it took to create my party :p), but not too early for some technical and UI stuff.

Technical
Performance seems much improved compared to the prerelease, even though there are now some additional graphics settings. With everything maxed I get 45-60 FPS at 2560x1440 on my 660ti. I consider that easily good enough for a game like this.

I tested the various AA methods they offer and to my eye their implementation of DLAA is by far the best of the methods available. It's also the one with the highest performance impact though (all the other ones are almost negligible on my setup in terms of performance impact).

User Interface
I love the UI in this game. Clean, functional, fast, aesthetically pleasing. Good selection of readable and well-coordinated fonts. Both user-defined and auto-generated map notes. Two thumbs up. Seriously, I have nothing to complain about UI wise. It even has a bestiary with model viewer which I always love.

Screenshots
Just a few screenshots, can't resist.

might-and-magic-x-leg3qco0.jpg

My party. Two pure casters with different specializations, an annoying paladin and a stout dwarf to take the heat.

might-and-magic-x-legsyc65.jpg

Bestiary with 3D model viewer, fuck yeah!

might-and-magic-x-legicfgw.jpg

A book of sailor's songs with illustrations. I love this stuff.

might-and-magic-x-leglqdso.jpg

It's really not such a bad looking game, especially considering the budget and that all the lighting is dynamic (time of day). That bird in the sky even casts shadows on buildings.

Durante

garrgh!! I'm tempt to stop playing Skyrim for this game.
That sounds like a jolly good idea to me. But then, I'd be tempted to stop playing Skyrim to clean my toilet.

Just joking, I don't actually hate Skyrim. I've totally lost interest in it by now though

SorchaR

This looks amazing! I take it that despite the minimum requirements quoted on Steam, this won't run well on my aging PC with it's ATI Radeon HD 4500, right?

Zafir

Lesson learned, don't alt tab while loading a dungeon... I alt tabbed while loading the spider's lair dungeon, and when I went back in and it finished loading, the screen was pitch black. At first I thought they'd changed it so you needed a torch or something to light it up. =/

They have certainly improved performance though, getting the full 60 fps at max settings.

desverger

Okay, I jumped into this. I got the deluxe edition from GMG for about ~18 eurobucks, not a bad deal. No steam code, that's the only minus.

Then again, I have this and M&M6 showing up on my uPlay account now. Nostalgy!

Gvaz

Banned
This looks amazing! I take it that despite the minimum requirements quoted on Steam, this won't run well on my aging PC with it's ATI Radeon HD 4500, right?

I have an hd 5550 and it barely ran at any decent speed, and that's with a good cpu too. I dunno about the release, i only touched the early access.

rybrad

I am trying to decide on my party now, do the non-magic ranged classes suck like someone mentioned earlier? I was thinking of going two melee, one caster and one non-magic ranged.

Edit: Did anyone grab the Uplay rewards? Pretty crappy to have a whole dungeon locked like that.

I just made my party over lunch then had to go back to work for a few more hours (boo).

Anyway I went Human Crusader, Human Freemage, Orc Barbarian, and Dwarf Scout.

I thought the scout seemed like a decent choice for a ranged guy since I want to try it out, but if they do suck (as someone mentioned early in the thread) at least he can get grandmaster axes and medium armor. Splitting him evenly between str and perception.

I'm hopeful I have enough heals with the pally to not have to focus on that with the mage, but we'll see.

Top Bottom