• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

guek

Banned
The return of the Rayman Kids!!!!!!!
2.jpg

lol, 6 years later? looks about right

celebi23

Back to the future called and wants its soundtrack back.
I'm sure someone has said this, but why the hell does the trailer have a song from How to Train Your Dragon's soundtrack? o_O

Edit: And BttF?
DAAAAAAMMMNNN this looks great! Was a bit shocked Ubisoft used a bit of the BTTF soundtrack. Is it sad that I recognized what part of the movie that music clip was from?

udivision

this looks amazing.

were some of those guys using the wii controller plus? or were they all motes?

The standard controllers for the Wii U are the U Pad and WM+, as stated on Nintendo's Wii U information page since last e3. The normal Wiimote, Wii Balance Board, CC and CCPro all work with the Wii as well.

That way the entire point of using a tablet doesn't interest me anymore if the actual control of the game is uncomfortable. If I have to play most games with my classic controller anyway I'm out and just buying the Nintendo 1st party titles.

LOL did this NEVER come up in the Wii-U threads or were people just blinded by excitement? :D

I don't know how people keep playing shooters on the Dual Shock either, but yet many seem to manage just fine with that horrible unergonomical Analog Stick placement.

The hands on so far have not suggested any tangible problems with the circlepad placement, so unless people start reporting difficulties using them, I just figure it won't be as big a problem as you are trying to make it sound.

Amir0x

Banned
yeah totally backwards compatible but it doesn't upscale wii games or improve them visually in any way

Yes it is. Don't expect any image enhancements though, beyond a cleaner image due to HDMI cables.

It is, but it won't uprez etc.
Edit: beaten

You guys didn't even need to add the 'won't uprez anything' part - it's automatically assumed by default that Nintendo will always take the laziest, lowest effort path to implementing features. I just automatically assume worst case and it's almost always right.

After all the dour notes on how poorly Rayman Origins did, I am besides myself with joy that we're getting a sequel anyway. As long as it retains the platforming focus and time running, I'm all in.

GCX

DAAAAAAMMMNNN this looks great! Was a bit shocked Ubisoft used a bit of the BTTF soundtrack. Is it sad that I recognized what part of the movie that music clip was from?
It's placeholder music just like the acting parts are also likely temporary.

daakusedo

Origins had a hard time making settings that can be recognized as part of rayman universe, that was classical european "bande-dessinée", the way this game is directed, it won't help much plus here they toned down the colors, strange.
Also selling those toys with others famous characters, could work but still, in the end that's a 2d rayman game, so I don't know if it can do wonder.

boiled goose

good with gravy
They haven't commented on it since E3. But my guess is that it will technically be able to do so, but most devs wont bother to incorporate it any kind of meaningful manner since the bulk of Wii U owners aren't going to front the cash (I'd guess $70+ easily) to buy an extra one.

Which means, don't throw out your wiimotes, cause your going to need them to play multiplayer. Shortsighted you say? Well, Nintendo doesn't give a fuck:p

Sucks for games though.
1 controller max means no local play calling in madden, no touch PES playmakers, no four swords adventures, etc.

The local multi options where each player has an extra screen are endless. I dont think all games should support multiple pads necessarily, but is should be an option.

It wont be though ;/

guek

Banned
I see people loosing their jobs.....or get killed.....by ninjas.

yeah, this being clearly a internally circulated trailer, there's probably a relatively short list of people who would have had access to it. I'd be money someone is gettin fired. I wonder what Iwata is thinking right now...

Seems the most likely. Also because of the cable running out of the UPad suggesting that those parts where using a devkit instead of the final version.

But why would a company send an internal ad to itself? It is literally on the level of an ad for tv, no way was this meant to be internal only.

Social

isn't anyone interested in the way someone can use the tablet to alter manipulate things on screen like they do in the trailer? I had not seen that before in that way, I like it!

orioto

Good Art™
Do you? What kind of stupid question is this?

Can you not control yourself enough to not spend extra money on an optional gimmick? If not, there's always the 360/PS3 version.

That's precisely what i'm saying ... Nintendo has to add some real value to its concept.

More 2D Rayman is a good thing. Not fussed about the NFC, however a Rayman figurine would be pretty sweet so I'd make sure to get him at least (He'll probably be the pack-in figure).

Hopefully this means we won't get another horrendous port of Rayman 2 as a launch title.

antonz

But why would a company send an internal ad to itself? It is literally on the level of an ad for tv, no way was this meant to be internal only.

Its more like someone in Ubisoft lifted the video off a marketing server and leaked it. Ubisoft has been behind most Wii U leaks including the very existence of the Wii U

isn't anyone interested in the way someone can use the tablet to alter manipulate things on screen like they do in the trailer? I had not seen that before in that way, I like it!

I like it, makes me think of what they can come up with for interaction in the game that would make it fun.

Amir0x

Banned
Sucks for games though.
1 controller max means no local play calling in madden, no touch PES playmakers, no four swords adventures, etc.

The local multi options where each player has an extra screen are endless. I dont think all games should support multiple pads necessarily, but is should be an option.

It wont be though ;/

i thought they said they saw the problem and are working on a solution?

if they still decided 'fuck it' on additional tablets per system, it remains one of the most hilarious mistakes in console design history. Make a system around the gimmicks of tablet controller; force only one person at a time to be able to utilize it. Too funny

I still can't imagine they're that dumb (and I can imagine Nintendo being pretty fucking dumb), so I bet you can use more than one - at least for simplistic purposes like play calling and character selecting and simple stuff like that.

NeoRausch

yeah, this being clearly a internally circulated trailer, there's probably a relatively short list of people who would have had access to it. I'd be money someone is gettin fired. I wonder what Iwata is thinking right now...

Iwata: "Forget the ninjas. RELEASE THE FLYING DRAGON SAMURAIS!!!! (laughts)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wii U features will have to be super special, else I'll probably grab it on PC instead.

Mutant Blobs Attack just did that. It was ok but could be frustrating when forced to move your blob at the same time.

Raist

Banned
They haven't commented on it since E3. But my guess is that it will technically be able to do so, but most devs wont bother to incorporate it any kind of meaningful manner since the bulk of Wii U owners aren't going to front the cash (I'd guess $70+ easily) to buy an extra one.

People by the millions were ready to front $100 for a peripheral that was used for a handful of games. I'm not sure cost for the customer is the main reason.

derFeef

if they still decided 'fuck it' on additional tablets per system, it remains one of the most hilarious mistakes in console design history. Make a system around the gimmicks of tablet controller; force only one person at a time to be able to utilize it. Too funny

I still can't imagine they're that dumb (and I can imagine Nintendo being pretty fucking dumb), so I bet you can use more than one - at least for simplistic purposes like play calling and character selecting and simple stuff like that.

I can see it being a performance problem for such games. DOn't see the reason why it should be limited in more simpler games.

Rich!

I'm sure someone has said this, but why the hell does the trailer have a song from How to Train Your Dragon's soundtrack? o_O

Edit: And BttF?

Obviously an unfinished trailer with a temp soundtrack.

Ever seen an unfinished cut of a movie? Many use temp soundtracks so the director can give the composer a good feel of what is wanted.

boiled goose

good with gravy

I do think Nintendo is that dumb.
They left out a second stick on the 3DS for freaking sake.

Wii succeeded because of local multi. I am pretty certain WiiU will have gimped local multi due to a 1 pad per console restriction.

Top Bottom