• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I don't think there is a real solution to smurfs, unfortunately. If they could at least fix how leavers are handled in ranked, that would do a lot for me.

JHall

Is this the record for boosted Mercy OTs? Top 500 S5. Finished barely diamond S4. 3 days in between seasons. They have <50% winrate on every hero that isn't Mercy.

EDIT: Okay no. TimtheTatMan had a Mercy OT in Masters who finished 921 the previous season on heroes not Mercy, if that makes it anymore apparent that the rank system is bugged to shit.

I've played with the player Tim played with. She admitted to us that she was boosted by a top 500 Pharah player.

cBFGDK3.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like most people complaining about mercy is that she's useless lol.

I've seen a few today with bad enough positioning to get picked off by my zen.

MKIL65

59 eliminations (gold) 18 objective kills (gold)

Pharah: Hanzo you did nothing!

Me: Says the Pharah that kept trying to 1v1 the enemy Pharah, but got shutdown every single time.

Oh, and thanks to our Mercy for not healing the only person on the team that was getting consistent kills. That would make too much sense. Just keep pocketing the scrubs.

ISOM

59 eliminations (gold) 18 objective kills (gold)

Pharah: Hanzo you did nothing!

Me: Says the Pharah that kept trying to 1v1 the enemy Pharah, but got shutdown every single time.

Oh, and thanks to our Mercy for not healing the only person on the team that was getting consistent kills. That would make too much sense. Just keep pocketing the scrubs.

People stay salty with Hanzo choices even if you're doing work. Just plain prejudice on the hero.

LiK

That was quite a stomp. Does no one else know how to play Support?

Anyway, I think it was 3-2 tonight but at least I hit a season high. A few more wins to Diamond.

Nydius

Fucking delete Mercy. Please!

Or at least don't make her invincible during a rez, cause I see no trade off with her unstoppable god ult.

I've taken a break from the game again thanks to Mercy being everywhere. Not only does her rez grant her brief invincibility, she can cheese and completely rez from spawn. On top of that, her resurrect builds up too fucking quickly, allowing her to completely stall games repeatedly. There is nothing more infuriating than mounting a push on a B-point of a 2CP map only for Mercy to duck back into spawn, rez the entire team, come back out, participate in the defense and manage to have almost a full ultimate once again by the time the attackers reorganize to mount a second push.

She's on both sides in competitive regardless of rank because of this and she's almost always picked in Quick Play for the same reasons. Every goddamn game now is turning into who can hunt the opponent Mercy first and keep her contained best. Meanwhile, she doesn't have to worry about positioning nearly as much as a Zen, Ana, or Lucio.

Shit has become so frustrating I don't even want to play.

I've taken a break from the game again thanks to Mercy being everywhere. Not only does her rez grant her brief invincibility, she can cheese and completely rez from spawn. On top of that, her resurrect builds up too fucking quickly, allowing her to completely stall games repeatedly. There is nothing more infuriating than mounting a push on a B-point of a 2CP map only for Mercy to duck back into spawn, rez the entire team, come back out, participate in the defense and manage to have almost a full ultimate once again by the time the attackers reorganize to mount a second push.

She's on both sides in competitive regardless of rank because of this and she's almost always picked in Quick Play for the same reasons. Every goddamn game now is turning into who can hunt the opponent Mercy first and keep her contained best. Meanwhile, she doesn't have to worry about positioning nearly as much as a Zen, Ana, or Lucio.

Shit has become so frustrating I don't even want to play.

I think she'd benefit from having to work for her rez. I think a good trade off would be if you had to hold the rez button, the longer you hold the rez button the wider her rez circle gets, the trade off being that if she gets killed trying to get a bigger circle her ult is wasted. (or it resurrects heroes as the circle passes through them)

Antiwhippy

Horizon 2nd point feels impossible to defend if the attacking team got a good snowball going. Had the map 2 times and both times the defending team always get rolled first up.

Which I guess addresses what people hate about 2CP but man, you gotta be on your shit as zen. Still trying to find the best positioning to protect myself from flankers and even though I won the 2 times I've had the map on rank it's mostly through being able to outduel flankers. But I'm guessing it's not very often that a Zen should outduel soldiers and reapers. >_> <_<

X-Frame

That was quite a stomp. Does no one else know how to play Support?

Anyway, I think it was 3-2 tonight but at least I hit a season high. A few more wins to Diamond.

Did you see me trying Ana last night in those QP matches? XD. Very difficult to play and trying to hit you as Winston from far away was like trying to hit an ant. Console Ana needs friendly aim assist or something.

Fun game though. My friends who are still new to the game were impressed as hell when I was trying to coach them to hold their ults and wait for that last push. They were so pumped after seeing the coordination.

Horizon 2nd point feels impossible to defend if the attacking team got a good snowball going. Had the map 2 times and both times the defending team always get rolled first up.

Which I guess addresses what people hate about 2CP but man, you gotta be on your shit as zen. Still trying to find the best positioning to protect myself from flankers and even though I won the 2 times I've had the map on rank it's mostly through being able to outduel flankers. But I'm guessing it's not very often that a Zen should outduel soldiers and reapers. >_> <_<

On the other hand the defensive spawns on Horizon are the shortest to the point of any map. It's also one of two maps where Mercy can reliably res from spawn. I feel like it's a toss up of whether the second point has a defensive or offensive advantage.

TheContact

ugh so frustrated. I used my mercy ult and afterwards my sound got all fucked up so I restarted my client after the round and when I got back in I didn't have the rejoin option. Only took me a minute to restart. We were doing so well too.

Antiwhippy

On the other hand the defensive spawns on Horizon are the shortest to the point of any map. It's also one of two maps where Mercy can reliably res from spawn. I feel like it's a toss up of whether the second point has a defensive or offensive advantage.

They're fixing that next patch right?

I dunno, could just be unfamiliarity. I've definitely been able to hold 2nd point but that's always on the 2nd go round :p

LiK

Did you see me trying Ana last night in those QP matches? XD. Very difficult to play and trying to hit you as Winston from far away was like trying to hit an ant. Console Ana needs friendly aim assist or something.

Fun game though. My friends who are still new to the game were impressed as hell when I was trying to coach them to hold their ults and wait for that last push. They were so pumped after seeing the coordination.

Ana is way too hard to play consistently on console. The only good Anas I've seen on console were Ana mains and they weren't even that great in Comp. And yes, she needs autoaim of some kind.

I think she'd benefit from having to work for her rez. I think a good trade off would be if you had to hold the rez button, the longer you hold the rez button the wider her rez circle gets, the trade off being that if she gets killed trying to get a bigger circle her ult is wasted. (or it resurrects heroes as the circle passes through them)

Shit should just Rez both teams. Might as well for the lolz. It's broken anyway right now.

LiK

Latest OverAnalyzed is a great example of horrible comms. Noise pollution plus that player had this awful guy talking shit through the whole match.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I say this as a support main who plays all supports other than mercy, but I really don't think rez is overpowered. People are just bad at dealing with it.

My main problem is more to do with mercies who don't know how to res.

Cappa

Banned
Eh, I say this as a support main who plays all supports other than mercy, but I really don't think rez is overpowered. People are just bad at dealing with it.

My main problem is more to do with mercies who don't know how to res.
Rez is far from overpowered and I agree with you I think mercy is the weakest of all the healers.

Problem is when your mercy is worse than your opponents mercy that's just ends up being a complete disaster

They're fixing that next patch right?

I dunno, could just be unfamiliarity. I've definitely been able to hold 2nd point but that's always on the 2nd go round :p

I don't think Blizzard has come out and said that but Ster said that Blizzard was looking at it so I imagine that it should be gone soon. I don't know how Ster would know that, but I imagine that there is enough community frustration with it that Blizzard is probably looking at it regardless.

Fugu

Shit should just Rez both teams. Might as well for the lolz. It's broken anyway right now.
Res is not broken. It's an okay ult stapled to a weak character. Mercy's problem is not that she's overpowered, it's that she's arguably underpowered while being handled by the matchmaking system in a way that allows a lot of bad players to float to the top.

antitrop

The best part of playing Sombra is watching the enemy team complain about their Mercy not getting any Rez's, because they didn't notice that she was hacked all match.

Blizz already mentioned that smurf accounts aren't a huge deal. So no, they won't do shit about it.

Their 'no big deal' statement only addressed the ones who try to win still. Totally glossed over the trolls.

I don't think there is a real solution to smurfs, unfortunately. If they could at least fix how leavers are handled in ranked, that would do a lot for me.

Yep, those not partied with the leaver should not receive a loss of SR. Is fair and prevents the exploit of a partymate leaving to save rest of parties SR.

This is how I've won on horizon defense...have LiK on your team playing Symmetra.

Top Bottom