• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This is how I've won on horizon defense...have LiK on your team playing Symmetra.

I've been winning horizon the 2 times I've played it, and both times the symm just gets rolled lol. Too many flanking points and dive is straight up murderous on that map.

Probably another difference of PC vs console. Not to say the DPS players at lowish gold are great with dealing with a sym....

There also really doesn't seem to be any point in playing reinhardt on that map but that goes for most map nowadays.... :(

Res is a broken ultimate not because it makes Mercy overpowered, but because it is impossible to play around.

Kill the Mercy too early and she comes back and she will res everyone. Kill her tear first and she gets her res right there in the fight. That's not to mention the res from spawn on certain maps or how powerful it is on contesting points on 2CP.

What Blizzard should do is make her ult charge insanely fast but only allow her to res one person with it. Not only does it remove all the frustration with her character, but it allows the player to be more engaged in the fight rather than hiding and waiting for the team to die.

rulerk1

Lik was that you who said they had to take break last night?

edit: Couldnt see who spoke, then you left so I thought I heard the legend himself. lol

LiK

I've been winning horizon the 2 times I've played it, and both times the symm just gets rolled lol. Too many flanking points and dive is straight up murderous on that map.

Probably another difference of PC vs console. Not to say the DPS players at lowish gold are great with dealing with a sym....

There also really doesn't seem to be any point in playing reinhardt on that map but that goes for most map nowadays.... :(

Symm is great cuz there are so many places to put those turrets and it distracts bad teams. Also, Symm shield and Torb armor makes defense at Point B a cakewalk.

Lik was that you who said they had to take break last night?

Not me.

I've only played it twice in comp I think.

First time was at like 2200sr. Got dumpstered on tryin to defend.

Second was after a relentless streak of leavers pushed me down to 18something. I just locked 76, stood up top and murdered as the other team trickled in.

It's weird, the longer my win streak goes on, the less SR I get. I thought SR gains were meant to increase the same way losses decrease on streaks?

Anyway, thoughts on ideal anti-dive comps?

jviggy43

Res is a broken ultimate not because it makes Mercy overpowered, but because it is impossible to play around.

Kill the Mercy too early and she comes back and she will res everyone. Kill her tear first and she gets her res right there in the fight. That's not to mention the res from spawn on certain maps or how powerful it is on contesting points on 2CP.

What Blizzard should do is make her ult charge insanely fast but only allow her to res one person with it. Not only does it remove all the frustration with her character, but it allows the player to be more engaged in the fight rather than hiding and waiting for the team to die.
If you're killing mercy and she's coming back and rezing, your team isn't getting kills quick enough. She shouldn't be getting back and getting any meaningful rez's off. And if she does waste it like that then even better because now she doesn't have it for the next point.

Antiwhippy

A mercy without a pharah vs a winston is like the saddest thing ever.

Won a game with me as winston just by jumping onto mercy constantly lol. Our ana kept nanoing me which is also nice.

Gorillaz

Yea I wanted to learn how to play winston more so this season I pretty much went heavy on winston play

He's almost bae status for me now

Antiwhippy

Immortals get my support because I support any team with great zen/ana.

And Kariv is one of the nuttiest zens I've seen in awhile.

LiK

There's a guy here with silver and gold portrait and his time is like 1300 hours or something lol

Edit: I hate people ignoring the turret in Horizon

exYle

Their 'no big deal' statement only addressed the ones who try to win still. Totally glossed over the trolls.

Even if smurfs and throwers have a good deal of overlap, Blizzard shouldn't be treating the two as the same problem. I have an alt account which I use to queue with my lower SR friends.

LiK

I feel like horizon is the best Sym/torb map. They seem unstoppable there

It's not hard if the teams we had actually picked a few tanks and rushed in on point. The main issue is the Torb turret which everyone seemed to ignore. I kept dying trying to take it out. The randoms just sat back at choke waiting to be killed. It's a pretty frustrating map if people don't roll in together.

Edit: sorry I bailed, some relatives decided to suddenly visit without a heads up. Totally ruined my OW afternoon.

Met someone last night on my ~2800 SR smurf that got really freaking happy when i defended him being a Tjorb one trick. Guess the dude is getting flack and doesn't really know how to communicate how to work around him. TL;DR told the team to help aid him to setup and get his momentum going. We went 2/0 and my friend in Silver got DC'd due to some bad internet.

If you're reading this dude, keep on playin' him.

Alucrid

Banned
game crashed on load screen for a comp match. made it back in when the timer said 0:00 for game ending. can you even make it back in if it's still in the time limit where the game gets canceled if someone leaves?

antitrop

I feel like horizon is the best Sym/torb map. They seem unstoppable there

Sombra can lock down the defensive left side of A and Symmetra can lock down the right side pretty good. It feels pretty different from every other 2CP map.

game crashed on load screen for a comp match. made it back in when the timer said 0:00 for game ending. can you even make it back in if it's still in the time limit where the game gets canceled if someone leaves?

Yes, but I think you have to rejoin before Hero Select ends.

Wow.

Just won Nepal 5v6. We lost first round, our genji leaves.

We win next round 100-0. Lost the 3rd round, then clutched the last 2 rounds with Grav + Death blossom 100-99.

Shit was crazy. They had a mercy we had a Lucio.

Kysen

Every fucking game has turned into hunt the mercy, its getting old fast. Just had a game with 3min over time on last point route 66. The stall was real.

I've switched to winston full time because of how easy it is to jump mercies and just watch their hp evaporate. As its solo queue they never get any backup and just die.

Every fucking game has turned into hunt the mercy, its getting old fast. Just had a game with 3min over time on last point route 66. The stall was real.

I've switched to winston full time because of how easy it is to jump mercies and just watch their hp evaporate. As its solo queue they never get any backup and just die.

Back when Roadhog was in the game, this was my job. After I killed Mercy the first time, if it seemed like the team fight was going significantly well, I would abandon it and start walking to their spawn point to wait for her. People really don't pay attention on their walk back to spawn (myself included!), so it's an easy hook and kill to end the match.

RIP old friend.

Lower elo Mercy mains are having a difficult time with this dive meta. Noticing this often when playing on accounts that are lower. Nonexistent use of GA, giving line of sight to the enemy, and not spacing properly. Game sense is pretty terrible too. Something that is required to have.

DR2K

Banned

A lot of ultimate are hard to play around. How to you play around Sound Barrier and Zens ult? They act the same way as rez.

A lot of shitty Mercys already play this way. Solo rez are pretty worthless, unless Mercy needs that invincibility to stay alive.

Nimby

Banned
A lot of ultimate are hard to play around. How to you play around Sound Barrier and Zens ult? They act the same way as rez.

A lot of shitty Mercys already play this way. Solo rez are pretty worthless, unless Mercy needs that invincibility to stay alive.

Resurrect is all about making sure you have the number advantage. Not to give second chances. At least at masters/GM level when people start to save their ults to counter res. Not saying you should avoid tempo res at diamond and lower, it's still more effective, but you can get away with big man res because they blow their ults like Halloween candy, which also plays into why boosted Mercy one-tricks lose games at GM. You can try and force a Mercy to res when she doesn't want to, for example if my Winston is down and a DPS is very low HP, I'm going to wait as long as possible to res the Winston because I don't want my DPS to immediately die.

Nothing feels great like watching your png shoot up to 6000, forcing you to throw multiple matches because you can't see shit.
Feels even better when you are the team's only healer.

:I :I

KiraFA37

Inhouse starting in less then an hour guys!
inhouse_wip.png

Shady859

I think I did this right..... giving away a Golden Loot Box code with guaranteed legendary. 1 per Blizzard account it says so don't try to win if you already got one from Twitch.

How do I redeem my code?
1. First, create or log in to your Blizzard account, then go here.
2. Enter your code, then follow the steps for your platform below.

PC Players:
3. Download and install the Blizzard app.
4. Once the Blizzard app launches, click the Overwatch icon.
5. Select your region from the dropdown menu, then click Install.
6. Once installed, click Play and go to the Loot Box section to start digging into your loot!

PS4 and Xbox One Players:
3. Follow these steps to link your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account to your Blizzard account.
4. On your console, log in to the game and go to the Loot Box section to start digging into your loot!

-------------------------------

ModBot said:
Instructions for Shady859:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387837.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shady859, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overwatch Golden Loot box code -- MB-C28CBFF9B5B4B8A0 - Taken by Daria Morgendorffer. 4 entrants total.

t1498508746z1.png

Ramirez

Met someone last night on my ~2800 SR smurf that got really freaking happy when i defended him being a Tjorb one trick. Guess the dude is getting flack and doesn't really know how to communicate how to work around him. TL;DR told the team to help aid him to setup and get his momentum going. We went 2/0 and my friend in Silver got DC'd due to some bad internet.

If you're reading this dude, keep on playin' him.

One tricks suck, even if they're good. I can't stand people who are unwilling to switch or work around the team comp.

Everyone should have 3-4 characters they're good with.

Sane_Man

I think I did this right..... giving away a Golden Loot Box code with guaranteed legendary. 1 per Blizzard account it says so don't try to win if you already got one from Twitch.

How do I redeem my code?

PC Players:
6. Once installed, click Play and go to the Loot Box section to start digging into your loot!

3. Follow these steps to link your Xbox Live or PlayStation Network account to your Blizzard account.
4. On your console, log in to the game and go to the Loot Box section to start digging into your loot!

Did you accidentally include the loot box code in the quoted message? Might want to edit that out if not. I may be misunderstanding though.

Sec0nd

There's a guy here with silver and gold portrait and his time is like 1300 hours or something lol

Edit: I hate people ignoring the turret in Horizon

PLayed against one of these guys as well today. Had around 1700 hours total and 1300 of them were Mercy lol.

Blues1990

How do I redeem my code?

PC Players:

I don't know if I'm doing this right or wrong.

Top Bottom