• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Weekend competitive is much worse than weekday late night competitive. This is my Horizon practice weekend. It's a good Sombra map which is nice.

Didn't really know this as I'm new to competitive still I suppose.

Played Horizon competitively today and it was pretty cool for a little teamwork on it instead of arcade.

Angel_DvA

Comp in solo queue is so frustrating, matchmaking is totally crap and it's killing my enjoyment of the game, people are so clueless than sometimes, I would prefer playing with bots.

Veelk

Banned
I'm on PS4, should I just save my lootboxes until the quality of life update to lootboxes is pushed to consoles?

No. The contents of a lootbox are determined at the time you get it. Whatever you got right now, it's gonna be the same when the update comes.

Managed to hit the 3900s, I'll be happy if I could just hit Grandmasters for one of these seasons, let alone possibly the top 500.

For some reason I have been having a lucky streak using Tanks and Defense characters, I have barely touched Support and Offense this season

Alucrid

Banned
second point of volskaya on defense. i was soldier on the second floor behind the point firing at the enemy and i have mercy main yelling to die on the point. all they had to jump up at me is a dva, who i can solo with healing station. anyways because they're not rezing i jump down, die, they miss a couple people because they thought they can only use it when everyone is dead and we lose the point. great.

i'm just going to instalock soldier from now on

Tinder is one thing, but don't come find me here.

ZeS8eeB.png

Yeah, Mercy's Summer Games Skin is pretty nice, despite being a simple recolour with Switzerland's flag. I used it quite a bit before unlocking Sigrun.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the next bunch of Epic skins for the event follow this theme, as most of them looked awesome. Even Torb's Sweden-themed recolour looked great.
I couldn't get into the valkyrie skins. Couldn't get into the witch skin either. I guess I just really like base Mercy skins.

I really do like Sigrun's hair color. Kind of hope we see another skin with that similar hair color.

Veelk

Banned
Is it just me, or is Symmetra MASSIVELY powerful on Horizon? Maybe it's because people don't know the map yet so they can't easily find whatever she puts down, but she straight up dominates

Is it just me, or is Symmetra MASSIVELY powerful on Horizon? Maybe it's because people don't know the map yet so they can't easily find whatever she puts down, but she straight up dominates

She honestly feels broken to me on all 2 CP maps, especially when your teammates are too stupid to not rush in and just give her time to get Teleporter/Shield Gen and their Mercy to get her Ult.

Blues1990

People need to learn to rush into Point B in Horizon. Staying at the choke is useless.

Yeah, I don't know if I actually like the map as an actual map, you know? I mean, we have a route that goes massively underused (unless someone has found a way to utilize the low gravity segment for an effective flanking route) and it's not all that fun. I love the lore, the telescope interactions, & even seeing Wintson's old bedroom was pretty awesome.

The actual map part isn't that fun.

I couldn't get into the valkyrie skins. Couldn't get into the witch skin either. I guess I just really like base Mercy skins.

I really do like Sigrun's hair color. Kind of hope we see another skin with that similar hair color.

Maybe it's because I love everything there is about Norse Mythology, but I like Mercy's Valkyrie skins and the voice lines.

I do like the look of Combat Medic Ziegler. Her hat is super cute.

Veelk

Banned
She honestly feels broken to me on all 2 CP maps, especially when your teammates are too stupid to not rush in and just give her time to get Teleporter/Shield Gen and their Mercy to get her Ult.

Yeah, you definitely teammates to actually keep her busy while you find her stuff, but atleast I know all the locations on the other 2CP maps.

On horizon, it feels hopeless as I scurry around the entire map looking for it while being blasted on all sides.

But yeah, Teammates on Horizon in arcade are the goddamn worst. I kill 5 of 6 enemies on the point before dying, and they still get it because the mercy didn't want to even attempt to attack the soldier.

1 win short of GM and lose on Hanamura because my teammates can't deal with a Junkrat and don't understand the logic of grouping up instead of peaking and dying over and over.

Feels good man

Ramirez

I'm so fucking tired of idiots man. If the enemy team has a Pharah why the fuck do we have a Junkrat and Reaper. Why do people refuse to switch?

Fuck.

Been moving like this since launch. There's actually no movement accel in this game, so you can spam various forms of ADAD as much as you want and be hard to hit. There actually used to be no "cooldown" on crouching which also basically has no accel too, so this shit used to be much more wild. They eventually changed how crouching works in a patch(wanna say during S2 or early S3) to make it occur some penalty for spamming.

The lack of movement accel is something high level players sometimes complain about btw. The game doesn't need to be CS or anything crazy like that, but having enough so ADAD spam is a bit less good would be welcome by quite a few.
I tried bringing it up on the Overwatch forums, but people seemed to interpret it there as making the game sluggish or whatever. The lack of movement acceleration makes the movement feel so chintzy, it's rare that a game will not have it, and the ones that don't are usually jank factories like Bethesda games. I've always found it an odd choice on Blizzard's part.

LiK

I played yesterday for a bit! When do you play nowadays?

You should tell em that your McCree is god-tier and if they don't build a comp around you they will lose

Full godslayer

I play in the evening. You still playing late night?

Nimby

Banned
Is this the record for boosted Mercy OTs? Top 500 S5. Finished barely diamond S4. 3 days in between seasons. They have <50% winrate on every hero that isn't Mercy.

EDIT: Okay no. TimtheTatMan had a Mercy OT in Masters who finished 921 the previous season on heroes not Mercy, if that makes it anymore apparent that the rank system is bugged to shit.

Top Bottom