• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Nerfs don't bother me. I use all sorts of SMGs, Assault Rifles, and Mastiff and regularly finish in top 3. Gun buffs/nerfs are just part of the equation.

Map familiarity, positioning, and strategy will always trump the bare weapon stats.

Izuna

Banned
Eh, sentries were dumb, yeah, but overall the game was quite fun to play. TF will never be an esport. MW2 was one of the best multiplayer experiences ever and it wasn't "competitive." Respawn made a lot of nice changes, but this latest nerfbat is just unneeded.

I wonder if you just have a low bar for what's enjoyable. Does this update make the game noticeably less fun for you? Because from the sounds of it (just downloading the update for Xbox now) it's gunna be lit

(PS4 peeps, I'll get the update done but I'm not sure if I can be there for FD.)

He just wants Respawn to accept and implement his "standard" of "MW2! MW2! MW2!" Nope don't listen the the community at large who were asking for these changes, instead make it more like he wants.

Really makes you think

grendelrt

He just wants Respawn to accept and implement his "standard" of "MW2! MW2! MW2!" Nope don't listen the the community at large who were asking for these changes, instead make it more like he wants.

Really makes you think

And you have been on the opposite side whining , talk about a kettle black situation.

Hope the update goes live soon, super hyped to try out FD and the new changes, I think these are some the best changes they have put in so far.

E92 M3

I wonder if you just have a low bar for what's enjoyable. Does this update make the game noticeably less fun for you? Because from the sounds of it (just downloading the update for Xbox now) it's gunna be lit

(PS4 peeps, I'll get the update done but I'm not sure if I can be there for FD.)

I'll give it some time to solidify my opinion, but so far I'm soured.

Really makes you think

"community at large" I've enjoyed Tf1 since the beta and enjoyed TF2 since launch. Both were great. From my experience, some of the community just complains a lot instead of just playing. Not sure if the majority would want their stuff nerfed?

You want your own vision for this game and didn't stop posting until you got it. Most other people were silently enjoying themselves. It started with Tone and didn't stop.

And you have been on the opposite side whining , talk about a kettle black situation.

Hope the update goes live soon, super hyped to try out FD and the new changes, I think these are some the best changes they have put in so far.

Indeed. If I knew that this was going to happen, I would have been posting a lot more. Seems like Respawn only saw the people that weren't happy because these are some SERIOUS nerfs.

grendelrt

Indeed. If I knew that this was going to happen, I would have been posting a lot more. Seems like Respawn only saw the people that weren't happy because these are some SERIOUS nerfs.

I dont think anyone has released the numbers on the gun nerfs yet, so I wouldnt get too upset about it until we know more. I have a feeling SMGs will still be very viable mid short range and suck long range. If you are moving quickly it will be probably less of an issue.

Izuna

Banned
Wanting a game to be competitive isn't some controversial opinion haha.

I see someone has to catch the Swolbro ghost, it's the rules.

Do you not understand my comment was in response to his posts in the previous page that was not so subtly directed at me and others who share the same views? lol

Respawn won't change things solely based on a handful people complaining in a NeoGAF thread. These changes were made because of the feedback given from the community that is still playing. If people want to point fingers to feel better so be it.

And to make it perfectly clear, Im not satisfied with these changes. So no, I havent stopped complaining because they made a half step. I'll continue to post my issues. Whether those issues are fixed is another thing entirely.

grendelrt

Do you not understand my comment was in response to his posts in the previous page that was not so subtly directed at me and others who share the same views? lol

Respawn won't change things solely based on a handful people complaining in a NeoGAF thread. These changes were made because of the feedback given from the community that is still playing. If people want to point fingers to feel better so be it.

Dude you have been pushing for what you want as well, just saying its what the community wants, but I don't think the community as a whole wants a mode that was tested for a couple of weeks to completely overwrite the structure of the game in one fell swoop like you keep saying. The way Respawn is slowly changing things (some from the high time to kill mode) that they think will make it a better game is the correct approach. Drastic changes either way are asking for trouble.

Anyone know what they are asking for the skins?

$4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundles

Cant help but feel they're taking advantage here

Previous titan warpaints were 3.99, which also inlcuded nose arts, why the price increase for just the warpaints? The boost? They're aware people will pay for it?

Rocketz

$4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundles

Cant help but feel they're taking advantage here

Previous titan warpaints were 3.99, which also inlcuded nose arts, why the price increase for just the warpaints? The boost? They're aware people will pay for it?

Seems like it to me.

It carries over, progression is earned for both.

giphy.gif

Rayme

Excited to test out the patch
*Rise 24/7. Estimated Wait: 5 minutes*

oh... right.

Everyone and their gamer grandma is playing FD right now (which also has Rise) and trying that first, so you'll probably see extra waits in the other modes until people have played a few rounds.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Excited to test out the patch
*Rise 24/7. Estimated Wait: 5 minutes*

oh... right.

FD vs MP numbers are pretty lopsided right now. Everyone jumping in to check out that new hotness. There are more people playing FD right now than we had total players online a week ago. PC players coming back in droves...

My god Titan rank (not aegis rank) are gonna level up so fast on FD. Easy to level up seldom used guns too. Played two matches and had fun.

Man... Fuck. I'm back in. I'm back in so god damned hard. Frontier Defense is probably one of the most intense horde mode style games I've played in a while. I love that each wave on each map is completely unique. And holy shit does this mode allow you to rank up fast.

Finally, i´ve been waiting for this, played a couple a matches of FD, and so far this is really fun, just when i was getting back to grim dawn

How do you equip the frontier defense titan skins? I just bought the game yesterday I tried searching but I couldn't find anything about it.

FD seems a-okay

I'd imagine the higher difficulties get hairy. There were a couple moments where the Arc Ronin caught me off guard, but I persevered :p

Izuna kept dying :D

grendelrt

Beat FD on Hard so far, lots of fun. I have been using Monarch, but I feel like I cant keep with damage output of other people, surviveability is higher though. Might try some Legion or something next.

Izuna

Banned
Impressions:

So I made Aegis Rank 5 with Ronin. All in all, there are many things different from Titanfall 1's FD but that doesn't mean it is worse.

I think the best thing is that this mode makes Titanfall 2's MP changes finally make sense. Battery, Titan classes, their abilities. It comes out brilliantly and I enjoy it a ton.

A minor thing about the maps is that I feel like it takes a while to get going in the first few waves, but I have only played on Regular thus far.

Complaints:

- Aegis Rank levelling really should have had some sort of progress bar or something in the game. I imagine this was difficult to do, but showing the unlocks at the bottom but no way to track EXP removes some of the addictiveness that it otherwise could have had. It took a while to figure it all out and I'd imagine many people don't realise that they are levelling or what causes it to happen.

- Nuke Ejection is just as useful as it was in the original but obviously, no Titan Meter when doing so. I can understand for balance reasons, but it feels a bit empty if there's literally zero rewards for killing with it. I had to turn on Medals just to get some feedback. I would suggest giving some Titan Meter, not a lot, but some.

Arrrammis

Really enjoying FD, like most other mosdes I have a lot more fun with it when people are on comms.

You just forced me to brag that I was MVP every game we played :D

(but yeah I died a crap ton lol. Those Auto Titans don't fuck about)

Also highest kill steal count, and I think you set a record for the number of titans lost to nuke ejects XP

Top Bottom