• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Free weekend, 3/30-4/3!

Trial not available to downlaod on any platform yet. Why offer it as free week-end if you can't let it pre-download before the time comes? The game is heavy and many will lose the entire period downloading it.

clav

I'm only interested in checking out the single player but is it worth downloading the entire game for it ?

I had more fun on the time trial training stage than the beginning of campaign. Worth playing an hour of trying to beat times.

Then watch someone speed through it.

Start of campaign when introducing how to use a Titan was really anticlimatic compared to the first game. Kept dying on that scripted scene.

Patrick S.

Banned
Everyone needs to play this game. It surprised me a lot. I played a couple more hours of the campaign today, and the level I was playing was jawdropping. I have honestly not been as impressed as much as this with any game in AGES. How it all comes together, the plot, the amazing setpieces, the satisfying weapons, is nothing short of a masterpiece.

I'm considering double dipping with the PS4 version for the multiplayer, because the "scrub or pro" situation described ago makes me too anxious to try MP on the PC. Is it as bad on PS4?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
CurbCheck_02.gif

Get in here!

Yeah! Screw physics!

Zasa

If you haven't played this game yet, then you need to get your priorities straight, fam. One of the most complete, & unique shooters that's come out in years.

Zasa

Would definitely check out these videos to learn the advanced movement techniques in this game such as slide hopping & air strafing. Pretty essential, & you can just play on the Evolved button layout if you don't have a Scuf or an Elite controller. It maps Jump to L1/LB & Crouch to R3/RS, and you never have to move your thumb off the right analog stick this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjd-BkpfQ7k&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTXe8IDmmwk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvzXFQKwH8k

jacobeid

Banned
I had not played an online multiplayer FPS with any regularity since Rainbow Six 3 on the original Xbox until I picked up TF2.

Even if you're not big on the genre, give it a shot!

this man knows. Titanfall 2 is a spit into the face of fans of Titanfall 1.

What a ridiculous statement. While I have a few complaints about Titanfall 2 it's just as good as the first if not better. The movement is so good with the slide mechanic. Sounds like you got destroyed and decided to quit and cry instead of get better at the game.

For those that still didn't buy the game yet, get it now if you love shooters, it's my personal favorite of the generation, such a blast to play online and the controls are the smoothest I've ever seen.

clav

I wouldn't go that far but as someone who loved the first game, Titanfall 2 didn't do anything for me to keep me playing it. The fire titan was a neat idea though.

I played a few matches when I borrowed the game.

Seemed like the maps were hollow with a ton of open space.

In TF1, there were always sections for pilots to hide/roam around to avoid chaos and get around the map. Going through a town/village or running across the middle hangar that stretches most of the map with a section to do a split and bird eye watch from top.

You could be an annoying fly and take a Titan down.

In the brief moment I played with TF2, maps were designed with lanes where Titans go and you have to cross their paths to get around. Titans even fit through places you spawned.

Thought it was really poor design. Games ended up like Team Slayer with vehicles in Halo 5's BTB.

Fact this map is ported says a lot.

How about no :)

As someone who vehemently overreacted to the beta, no.

Sounds like you got destroyed and decided to quit and cry instead of get better at the game.

Can you explain? I played some TF1 and regen'ed once.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
In U.K. Here, and a demo options just been added to the Standard edition homepage on PSN so I think it's on now

Chris1

I wouldn't say spits on the face of fans of the first.. but the first was definitely better by a sizeable amount. Campaign was amazing though, I think cause and effect would have been a better mission to go free but the beacon was really good aswell

Is the map dlc out yet for Xbox? Edit: it is

Nothing on Origin PC.
I don't get why no one cares about this game.
Server browser would probably help from my point of view. If Overwatch can transition to include it so should Titanfall.
Trial not available to downlaod on any platform yet. Why offer it as free week-end if you can't let it pre-download before the time comes? The game is heavy and many will lose the entire period downloading it.
Thursday night to Tuesday is pretty generous compared to most free weekends. They're doing an okay job as long as the servers hold out.

I'm ashamed to say I bought this game back in November and have not touched the multiplayer once. Only played through a few hrs of the campaign. I have to change that this weekend!

Top Bottom